TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I enjoy Nilan's podcast, and if you want to bust out laughing, watch this interview with Andre Roy.
his tortorella stories, he showered with crosby and lemieux

very very funny

Reactions: Chili and Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
690 not working this am on heart radio. are they broke? lol
TSN_690.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rik schau

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Why is tony the biggest media when it comes to habs in the city :laugh: No disrespect to Tony or anything , I actually like him and enjoy some of the podcast but boy is sports radio dead in Montreal.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Why is tony the biggest media when it comes to habs in the city :laugh: No disrespect to Tony or anything , I actually like him and enjoy some of the podcast but boy is sports radio dead in Montreal.
Montreal sports radio tends to focus on whatever's making headlines, and in the summer, that often isn't the Habs. For TSN690 (a quasi-sports radio station), programing also constitutes all sorts of random bullshit, like Music Hour with Melnick and Friends, and interviews with guest musicians, and comedians, rather than sticking to sports and sports guests.

Marinaro used to be adamant about not talking Habs during the summer, choosing instead to cover Montreal FC (or whatever they're calling themselves now) and the Als. He obviously changed his tune when he started his Habs podcast - clearly, money talks. At the end of the day, no matter the season, Habs talk seemingly always trumps everything else, even if there’s bigger sports news happening. Tony has figured that out, as has, to some extent, BPM Sports; TN690 is still playing catch-up.

This is my take anyway :laugh:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Montreal sports radio tends to focus on whatever's making headlines, and in the summer, that often isn't the Habs. For TSN690 (a quasi-sports radio station), programing also constitutes all sorts of random bullshit, like Music Hour with Melnick and Friends, and interviews with guest musicians, and comedians, rather than sticking to sports and sports guests.

Marinaro used to be adamant about not talking Habs during the summer, choosing instead to cover Montreal FC (or whatever they're calling themselves now) and the Als. He obviously changed his tune when he started his Habs podcast - clearly, money talks. At the end of the day, no matter the season, Habs talk seemingly always trumps everything else, even if there’s bigger sports news happening. Tony has figured that out, as has, to some extent, BPM Sports; TN690 is still playing catch-up.

This is my take anyway :laugh:
AND 690 sucks. Jimmy G is a host??? clown

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
AND 690 sucks. Jimmy G is a host??? clown
Yeah, and considering the already low bar for hosts at TSN690, that doesn’t reflect well on JG. Honestly, I haven’t listened to any shows on TSN690 since the NHL draft, so I can’t really comment on whether the hosts have gotten better or worse. I’ll just take your word for it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

There is zero hype around the team in the city and there hasn't been in years besides the 2021 run. The last time the team had the city buzzing was the Subban/Price era.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Haven't listened to the station for sometime, couldn't get it any which way however for some reason. Gave her a go recently and picked a heap of old segments and heard the amazing news of landing Laine, what a cracker move!

Also heard the news of Jonny Gaudreau and his brother killed in a terrible accident, so tragic. Heard that bit delivered by that morning show imbecile that sounds like he's a few bricks short of a load. He said they were murdered! What ignoramus calls it that? What an absolute dunce to not know the difference between a murder and being killed. And to think he's one of the voices for Montreal, embarrassing and pathetic,so unprofessional.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Haven't listened to the station for sometime, couldn't get it any which way however for some reason. Gave her a go recently and picked a heap of old segments and heard the amazing news of landing Laine, what a cracker move!

Also heard the news of Jonny Gaudreau and his brother killed in a terrible accident, so tragic. Heard that bit delivered by that morning show imbecile that sounds like he's a few bricks short of a load. He said they were murdered! What ignoramus calls it that? What an absolute dunce to not know the difference between a murder and being killed. And to think he's one of the voices for Montreal, embarrassing and pathetic,so unprofessional.

Meanwhile, on BPM Sports, the guys were really distraught. They even broke down in tears on the air thinking about Johnny's 2 kids and his brother Matthew having his first baby on the way.

They also recalled how they felt when Pedneault passed way a few hours before the first show of their new season on the air. And they all worked with Pedneault on the station. So they were close to him.

All of that really had them really emotional.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Meanwhile, on BPM Sports, the guys were really distraught. They even broke down in tears on the air thinking about Johnny's 2 kids and his brother Matthew having his first baby on the way.

They also recalled how they felt when Pedneault passed way a few hours before the first show of their new season on the air. And they all worked with Pedneault on the station. So they were close to him.

All of that really had them really emotional.
A death can be a very emotional,the closer one is to the deceased and the type of death all play a part.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
  • Haha

Ad

Upcoming events