Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game {3 Teams Are Open}

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Alright. You all obiviously missed my point. There are no playoffs atm, if we were near the end of the season in this game and we were in the same situation, no we wouldn't have traded Staal.
This is not the NHL! That's all I'm saying.
Now let's move on and atleast act some-what grown-up.

No playoffs? Nice assumption. Sorry bud, there are playoffs, and you may have ruined your chances.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
care to guess what the following have in common? :shakehead

Heatley, Dany (*) Ottawa from July 1st 2008
Lehtinen, Jere Dallas
Morrow, Brendan Dallas
Naslund, Markus New York
Brewer, Eric St-Louis
Koivu, Saku Montreal
Richards, Brad Dallas
Grier, Mike, San Josa

Oh and I veto the staal trade.

Heh, that's a pretty interesting point Theron. That's a whole lot of players with NTCs/NMCs that have been moved in this game and I hope that each trade has been examined.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
:sabres

Key Additions

Eric Staal
Tim Gleason
Lee Stempniak
Patrice Bergeron
Mark Stuart
Chuck Kobasew

Key Subtractions

Derek Roy
Jason Pominville
Luke Adams
Tim Kennedy
2nd '09
3rd '09​

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Heh, that's a pretty interesting point Theron. That's a whole lot of players with NTCs/NMCs that have been moved in this game and I hope that each trade has been examined.

I talked to HH about Heatley, so my trade should be fine.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
TSN: The Waiting Game

kovalchuk_100407_525.jpg

Athens--The Atlanta Thrashers have told the media, that they have decided to sit Kovalchuk, until he is traded. This decision came from coach Anderson, after Kovalchuk had asked to be traded to a new organization. Ilya went up to Anderson after the team's win to the New Jersey Devils. "Ilya had told me, he didn't feel to comfortable in winning as a Thrasher, and he felt that if he were in a new organization, he could do wonders for the team, and bring a slew of player for the Thrashers. It is hard to lose a player of his caliber, but I think depending on the return, it can help both parties." said, coach Anderson.

Ilya was depressed when asked questions about how he'd feel going to a new organization. "It tough. I get here at 18 now 25, I love Atlanta, and Atlanta love me. I hope go to new team with pretty woman, like friend Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn were tell me. I want win Stanley Cup, and make a sexy with pretty woman. Oh, and Sidney is a *****!"

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Gongi, it's kind of pointless to make a big deal of sitting Kovy, when technically this whole part of the game takes place on March 4th. :laugh:

Makeshift We Are

Jul 31, 2007
Winnipeg,MB
I don't get your point. You trade Staal because there are no playoffs "atm". But on Sunday (hopefully) when the playoffs start, you're supposed to magically have Staal back?

God... It's so fricken simple. I traded Staal. this isnt the NHL. For all you know in this game, Carolina could be last! There are no positions ATM!!!
Deal with it. If you dont like it, then bye.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
God... It's so fricken simple. I traded Staal. this isnt the NHL. For all you know in this game, Carolina could be last! There are no positions ATM!!!
Deal with it. If you dont like it, then bye.

Look, I've played in GM Games all winter and FA Games all summer last year. I'm pretty sure I've never seen you play in one of them, so maybe you don't understand this thoroughly.

The voting process relies HEAVILY on the current standings. Carolina is in a playoff push. Your job in this game is to add on talent that can push your team that extra step forward to make the playoffs.

This isn't the NHL? Well, obviously it's not. But it is a mock game. You go with the direction of the team.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm good with it. If Carolina GM really wants it, and it seems like he does, so be it. But thats just me.

Yea I dont see why this needs a veto? I think it's a good hockey trade and a smart one for both teams. Yes Carolina is in the playoff push but Roy is not much of a downgrade from Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad