Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game {3 Teams Are Open}

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Just because you want a coach doesnt mean you get him. If more then one teams are interested it goes to an agent for the coach to decide for his client.

People really don't read the first post... :shakehead

Is the real life Backstrom extension valid in this game or is he considered a UFA? It was signed right at the deadline... Seems like it SHOULDN'T be but I want to make sure...

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
:isles

TRADE BLOCK:
RW.Bill Guerin/4.500/1 year remaining (UFA)
C.Doug Weight/4.300/1 year remaining (UFA)
D.Brendan Witt/2.767/3 years remaining
RW.Richard Park-0.750m-1 year remaining
LW.Andy Hilbert-0.675m-0 years remaining (UFA)
D.Radek Martinek-1.500m-2 years remaining
G.Joey MacDonald-0.487m-0 years remaining (UFA)

HAD FOR CHEAP:
D.Andy Sutton/3.000/2 years remaining
C.Mike Sillinger/2.200/1 year remaining (UFA)
LW.Jon Sim/1.000/2 years remaining
D.Thomas Pock/0.628/1 year remaining (UFA)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Justin Williams is now on the block, along with Dustin Penner and Steve Staios

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Veto. This is horrible for the Sens, and it's not nearly enough for Spezza.

Are you joking? Three young players who are not even close to entering their prime for one of the most overrated players in the league?

Have you ever even watched Spezza play? The guy is a turnover machine, I'm surprised I could even get as much as I did for him, and we're not even getting into his ridiculous 7mil cap hit.

I didn't really want Hamrlik but I had to take him to clear cap space for Montreal.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Are you joking? Three young players who are not even close to entering their prime for one of the most overrated players in the league?

Have you ever even watched Spezza play? The guy is a turnover machine, I'm surprised I could even get as much as I did for him, and we're not even getting into his ridiculous 7mil cap hit.

I didn't really want Hamrlik but I had to take him to clear cap space for Montreal.

You make think so, but Spezza is one of the best players in the league who still hasn't hit his prime either..

Higgins is extremely overrated also. I know he's young and still has time to show what he can do, but he still hasnt hit 50 points. Plekanec hasn't played up to his expectations after his great season last year, Kostitsyn is alright.

I dont know, this is my opinion..

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You make think so, but Spezza is one of the best players in the league who still hasn't hit his prime either..

Higgins is extremely overrated also. I know he's young and still has time to show what he can do, but he still hasnt hit 50 points. Plekanec hasn't played up to his expectations after his great season last year, Kostitsyn is alright.

EDIT: If you like it I can't stop that, I just think you could have gotten more.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
People really don't read the first post... :shakehead

Is the real life Backstrom extension valid in this game or is he considered a UFA? It was signed right at the deadline... Seems like it SHOULDN'T be but I want to make sure...

The game takes place on the day of the trade deadline(march 4th) anything before that day is considered to have happened.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal

As a Habs fan, I get to see all of the players involved in this deal play regularly. I can tell you that I would much rather have the depth that bring Higgins, Plekanec, and Kostitsyn, all for a combined cap hit that is less than Spezza's alone, than Spezza himself.

I'm pretty positive any decent center in the league could put up Spezza's numbers playing with Heatley and Alfredsson, so I'd rather have someone more reliable defensively while not costing me 7 million dollars a season on top of that.

How anyone can think that I got ripped off in this swap is beyond me.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
On his first day on the job, enthropi attempted a prank that turned nasty.

"Yeah, I was hiding there in the corner, and then I came out to say 'BOO!... gaard!', unfortunately, I did scare Boogieman a bit too much and he punched my face in before I could say the second word. Once I regained consciousness and after reconstructive surgery, I've announced him he's on the trade block... And quickly ran into my office."

"We are also not too satisfied with Zidlicky and Brunette's performances this season, we might move them. We are trying to work out an extension with Gaborik as he is about to hit the ice next game. With a possible new coach, we consider ourselves in a transition period. We still want to make the playoffs, obviously, but we are not afraid to shake things up to bring a better, more exciting team on the ice on a short term, just maybe not this season."

On the block: LW Boogaard, LW Brunette, LW Veilleux, D Zidlicky, D Bergeron, D Skoula, G Harding

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Ottawa Senators Trade Block:

• Daniel Alfredsson
• Mike Fisher
• Filip Kuba
• Roman Hamrlik
• Jason Smith
• Nikolai Khabibulin

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nashville

is looking to move

Martin Erat
Radek Bonk

and would like David Legwand to waive his NTC for a trade. If interested contact me via PM.

Looking for offensive support, young and old.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
The Islanders have had only about three trade discussions so far that haven't amounted to much. We are dying to make some moves and will even listen to offers for Trent Hunter. Please send me some PM's

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Travis Moen, Rob Niedermayer, Todd Marchant, Brendan Morrison, Bret Hedican and Steve Montador have all been added to Anaheim's trading block. Still taking offers for Pronger, Selanne and Scott Niedermayer also.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Blues Deal McDonald, Hjalmarsson, and Bishop; Add Pavelec and Sterling
84004147.jpg

Blues president John Davidson announced today that the team has sent forward Andy McDonald and prospects Simon Hjalmarsson and Ben Bishop to the Atlanta Thrashers in exchange for goaltender Ondrej Pavelec and forward Brett Sterling

After acquiring Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald became expendable. So we found the biggest place we have a hole in our team, and we fixed it.

We feel that Pevelec is ready to step into a 1B roll with Chris Mason next season and take over as the starter in the 2010-2011 season. Pavelec can easily be the future in goal for this organization and we love the deal.

Sterling isn't a big guy, but the guy can post points. He's never really been given the opportunity as we have a whole in the line up that he can fill. This will give him the chance to play with talented players where his offensive instinct can shine.

We wish McDonald, Hjalmarsson, and Bishop the best of luck with the Atlanta organization and their future.

We are pleased to add two very good players to our team.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Looking to move
Chuck Kobasew
Patrice Bergeron
Per-Johan Axelsson
Stephen Yelle
Aaron Ward
Mark Stuart
Carl Soderberg

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
The Rangers have acquired Ilya Kovalchuk, Garnett Exelby and Colby Armstrong in exchange for Brandon Dubinsky, Nikolai Zherdev, Wade Redden, Tomas Kundratek, and Miika Wiikman. We hope to see him play on a future line with Grachev and Anisimov.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
The Rangers have acquired Ilya Kovalchuk, Garnett Exelby and Colby Armstrong in exchange for Brandon Dubinsky, Nikolai Zherdev, Wade Redden, Tomas Kundratek, and Miika Wiikman. We hope to see him play on a future line with Grachev and Anisimov.

I'm not a person who likes to nit pick. But that is a horrid deal for the Thrashers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad