Hogwarts Legacy (February 10th, 2023) - Mod warning in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
You gotta think Quidditch is added as DLC, right? Although maybe the game just does not translate well into this medium, as it would be tricky to balance the Seeker’s role accordingly without ruining the game for everyone else.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
You gotta think Quidditch is added as DLC, right? Although maybe the game just does not translate well into this medium, as it would be tricky to balance the Seeker’s role accordingly without ruining the game for everyone else.
Hard to beat the best sports game ever:

4ed76034-89b9-4917-afee-0bc69c66ed0f_69aff563-5d85-413d-9d0b-44c2d3fd2ddc.png

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Some ppl are boycotting over JK Rowling’s discriminatory views but that doesn’t seem to be having a large affect on sales
Which, that's totally their right if they perceive her views as discriminatory.

The "boycott" happening and the game having extremely strong sales is an example of the loudest voice usually being an extremely tiny part of the population.

I will use this as an opportunity to say the following: this thread will not turn into a discussion on Rowlings views. There are a thousand others avenues to have that discussion.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

The "boycott" happening and the game having extremely strong sales is an example of the loudest voice usually being an extremely tiny part of the population.

I will use this as an opportunity to say the following: this thread will not turn into a discussion on Rowlings views. There are a thousand others avenues to have that discussion.

Just wanted to highlight this because it's so true on so many things.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Trying really hard to temper expectations for this game, but damnit if it doesn't look like it'll be a hit.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.

I can't recall who posted it, but I was reading a recent article about how the game was so controversial but a couple of people felt it was ok to cross the line...... Sure best selling steam game a month before it's out, I think all developers wish for the same couple of people lol

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't think the gameplay will be all that great, (the studio was owned by Disney and made the Infinity games and their prior catalog doesn't scream high quality), but the setting and story will probably be enough for most to overlook the shortcomings.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Explains what happened to my real hogwarts letter, the owl the picked was too slow and got fried by a dragon and everyone forgot to do any follow up. :laugh:
Keep telling yourself that. If Hogwarts really wanted you, they would've sent a fat man on a flying motorcycle to tell you in person that "You're a wizard, hanger." You'll probably hear from them only if they ever need awful puns for their Quiddich GDTs. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is a game I'm very interested in, but due to the developer, it's absolutely a wait for reviews from people I trust game. Hope they knock it out of the park, but it's a very ambitious title for a studio that doesn't have much experience with games of that size. The IP alone means it's guaranteed sales, and hopefully, the studio was staffed up massively in the expectation of how well it will sell and they land it.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is a game I'm very interested in, but due to the developer, it's absolutely a wait for reviews from people I trust game. Hope they knock it out of the park, but it's a very ambitious title for a studio that doesn't have much experience with games of that size. The IP alone means it's guaranteed sales, and hopefully, the studio was staffed up massively in the expectation of how well it will sell and they land it.
The amount of previews they are dropping leads me to believe that the studio knows they have a massive hit on their hands and are spending as much possible to make this a blockbuster.

The inverse could also technically be true, I just don't think it is.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The amount of previews they are dropping leads me to believe that the studio knows they have a massive hit on their hands and are spending as much possible to make this a blockbuster.

I feel they know they have a hit because of the IP. I don't think they've really done any in-depth gameplay previews recently, since a State of Play awhile back.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Yea I agree. Companies don't release so much stuff unless they know they have a masterpiece and want to make sure everyone knows that and pre-orders.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

I'm hoping this is not a Cyberpunk situation (who I'm well aware has improved since its launch), but I feel we're seeing more "real" things than Cyberpunk showed in their trailers (which often led to overhyping interpretation)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm hoping this is not a Cyberpunk situation (who I'm well aware has improved since its launch), but I feel we're seeing more "real" things than Cyberpunk showed in their trailers (which often led to overhyping interpretation)
Yeah, hopefully, studios have learned to be more cautious in this era. Although, I'd say Cyberpunk was fuelled by how successful Witcher 3 was, and CDPR were the darlings of the industry at the time. Hopefully, the team behind this game can pull off a fun game with the IP like Spider-Man, Jedi: Fallen Order, Batman Arkham series, and Guardians of the Galaxy recently, and don't end up with a great IP being wasted like Gotham Knights or The Avengers. This game's IP and promotion will likely get it massive sales regardless (just look at GameFreak/Pokemon). Games like these don't have to be GOTY contenders or critical darlings. They just have to be faithful to the IP for people who want to experience that world, not be glitch plagued or unfinished, have fun (even if repetitive) gameplay loops and an interesting story set in that universe. Outside of the bugs/performance issues, CyberPunk was supposed to be a game that defined the 8th gen of consoles and be mentioned alongside things like Breath of the Wild, God of War, RDR2, etc. Even without those issues, it would have failed to land on the insane hype it built due to cut features that people were expecting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad