Hockey Cards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

polepoplarpope

Nov 8, 2005
Alberta.
IW6Z8aM.jpg

Some Oiler cards less of you might appreciate. I'm slowly working on building a small collection of '80's Oiler cards.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Man that is a sweet collection. I have the coffee rookee from that set. I had that Gretzky too in a trade that I always regretted mishandling. I had a 1988 complete set of fleer basketball cards and a friend traded me the Gretzky card for the entire set. I took the gretzky card to a card shop to find out how much it was worth and they slammed me on the condition. It was crooked without crisp corners and the puck was scratched to reveal the name. As a youngster I let this get me down and I asked for trade back which my friend did. 15 years later I sold the basketball cards on ebay for peanuts and still wish I had that Gretzky card.

polepoplarpope

Nov 8, 2005
Alberta.
Man that is a sweet collection. I have the coffee rookee from that set. I had that Gretzky too in a trade that I always regretted mishandling. I had a 1988 complete set of fleer basketball cards and a friend traded me the Gretzky card for the entire set. I took the gretzky card to a card shop to find out how much it was worth and they slammed me on the condition. It was crooked without crisp corners and the puck was scratched to reveal the name. As a youngster I let this get me down and I asked for trade back which my friend did. 15 years later I sold the basketball cards on ebay for peanuts and still wish I had that Gretzky card.

I think that I'll get Anderson's rookie next. Coffey afterwards. Then Messier's. That second year Gretzky is probably the best I can do in regards to him. It looks to be in pretty good condition, but I don't want to sell these cards, so it doesn't matter as much as it might to some.

Last edited:

commie

Jul 30, 2005
IW6Z8aM.jpg

Some Oiler cards less of you might appreciate. I'm slowly working on building a small collection of '80's Oiler cards.

We must have the same idea. Here is my mini Oilers 80's collection.
My Moog and Anderson RC's are some where.

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Funny enough I was thinking of starting myself an 80s and early 90s Oiler collection (my childhood) earlier today and click thread to see this page.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
eQ5QEXs.jpg

My graded Gretzky collection. Gonna send the year three to PSA for re grading.

Last edited:

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
When I bought my current home in 2002 I found a storage area under the stairs full of stuff. I contacted the seller and told him he had forgotten to take his things out of there and he told me they never realized it existed and it probably belonged to the previous owner. I had no idea who that was so I started going through the boxes. Well lo and behold, there was a box with many thousands of cards in there, mostly hockey and baseball. I didn't collect them so I took out a Howe card and gave the rest to me nephews.
I think they did well. :laugh:

polepoplarpope

Nov 8, 2005
Alberta.
We must have the same idea. Here is my mini Oilers 80's collection.
My Moog and Anderson RC's are some where.

Who's card is that in the top row on the far left and who's card is that third from the right in the bottom row? The picture is small and I can't figure out which players they are.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Who's card is that in the top row on the far left and who's card is that third from the right in the bottom row? The picture is small and I can't figure out which players they are.

Top left is a Mark Messier rookie.

Third from the right (or 2nd from the left) is a Jari Kurri rookie card.

commie

Jul 30, 2005

Yeah, the pic quality was pretty poor, got a quick shot with the phone.
The cards are:
Top row: Messier, Lowe, Coffey, Tikanen
Bottom row: Gretzky, kurri, Huddy, Furh
All their RC's, I have the Moog and Anderson RC some where in my boxes.
Most of them I got since childhood.
I did have to replace the Messier and Coffey as my sister my old ones away.
I upgraded my childhood Gretzky for this graded 7, that one was pretty bad condition.
Hopefully, one day I can upgaeade the Gretzky to a graded 8 or better.

Besides the RC's I probably have over 100 of the 80's Oilers OPC cards.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Just bought it now. Did I get a good deal?

I doubt the story is true about the old couple. I would bet the guys is just trying to gain notoriety for the card and fish for offers from people who think they can get a steal on it, grade it high, and flip it.

Hard to tell if that card would even grade high. Great centering, but the case prevents you from making out any of the corners and edges.

polepoplarpope

Nov 8, 2005
Alberta.
Yeah, the pic quality was pretty poor, got a quick shot with the phone.
The cards are:
Top row: Messier, Lowe, Coffey, Tikanen
Bottom row: Gretzky, kurri, Huddy, Furh
All their RC's, I have the Moog and Anderson RC some where in my boxes.
Most of them I got since childhood.
I did have to replace the Messier and Coffey as my sister my old ones away.
I upgraded my childhood Gretzky for this graded 7, that one was pretty bad condition.
Hopefully, one day I can upgaeade the Gretzky to a graded 8 or better.

Besides the RC's I probably have over 100 of the 80's Oilers OPC cards.

Yeah, I should get a Tikkannen rookie card also.

You should take some better photos of them all sometime and post.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Was doing some Christmas shopping today and got looking at some of the boxes of hockey cards. The Brands that i saw were mostly Upper deck then Oppeechee and The Score. Of the Upper deck series they had MVP, Series one and Series 2. Which one would you guys say is worth collecting?

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Does a Chris Pronger rookie card have any value? I've got one of those and also a signed Patrick Roy card lol. Think thats the only good ones I've got :)

Dog

Was doing some Christmas shopping today and got looking at some of the boxes of hockey cards. The Brands that i saw were mostly Upper deck then Oppeechee and The Score. Of the Upper deck series they had MVP, Series one and Series 2. Which one would you guys say is worth collecting?

OPC Score and MVP are very low end.

Series 1 and 2 are more worth collecting IMO, because of the Young Guns rookie cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad