Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Upper Deck is smart doing this.

They are going to pump out as many sets as they can before series 2 and watch all the investor types pump up every rookie then watch the box prices inflate then drop like an anchor once his YG goes live.

Can't knock the hustle.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I will definitely check it out some more. As for ebay the shipping does not bother me as much as the taxes when i buy something from Canada. Lately i dont even bother with anything from Ca just because im going to end up paying much more since i live in the states. So now i only bid on stuff that ship from the states. And this sucks because some of the best cards are from sellers in CA
I've never sold a card on comc but it is great for buying. The thing is if you are buying too do big orders of cards. Shipping alone starts at 5$ for 1 card but when you add more together than the shipping barley goes up. I order 100 cards from them and I think the sipping was like 10$ and they do an A+ job shipping the cards. You can add a toploader to.any individual card for like 30 cents or so each. I suggest if you are buying regular cards that aren't thick or pricey that you just ship them in penny sleeves. They pack them nicely in a box with packing peanuts , plastic bubbles and cardboard spacers. You only really need to add a toploader if it's a jersey/patch card or if you know it's a card that is thick like something from SPX , The Cup , Black Diamond etc...

Comc they say is good if you are buying cheaper cards priced from 20 cents to like 100$. I always browse eBay to look for good deals in an auction or buy it now or best offer. Sometimes you can find stuff on comc for significantly cheaper. Especially with their offer system where you can make offers on cards that are up for grabs as a buy it now option. Ebay still has good deals here and there but if you are going to buy a 1$ card per say off ebay than you generally are looking at it being 1$ in shipping costs. Comc you can get cards like that for 50 cents and just tack it on to your order. You can chose whenever you want to ship your cards to you too. The stuff you buy on there with store credit you can instantly turn around and put it for sale which is nice. They have the image of every card on there so they can hold it in their warehouse , it never needs to get sent to you.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
IMG_4035.jpeg

This one fell into my lap this morning. Someone listed it on the ePack fb group and I pulled the trigger on their price immediately.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Who the heck going to be in Series 1 if the recently drafted players going to be in Series 2?
Wanted to go back to this because I totally forgot about Matthew Knies. Surely he’ll be in S1. I also heard through the grapevine this morning that apparently S1 won’t contain players who haven’t already made their debut. So guys like Cooley, Bourque, Bourgault, and any new draft picks would not be in it, even if they play at the start of the new season.

Based on that, I could see Beck, Evangelista, Knies, Levi, Pelletier, and Wolf being S1. This is, of course, if what I heard holds true.

• Wow
Reactions: The Kingslayer

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I put a $113 bid on a Kyle Clifford Net Card /25 the other day and still lost.

Like who on earth besides myself is spending that much money on Kyle Clifford. I was devastated.

• Wow
Reactions: Golden_Jet

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Wanted to go back to this because I totally forgot about Matthew Knies. Surely he’ll be in S1. I also heard through the grapevine this morning that apparently S1 won’t contain players who haven’t already made their debut. So guys like Cooley, Bourque, Bourgault, and any new draft picks would not be in it, even if they play at the start of the new season.

Based on that, I could see Beck, Evangelista, Knies, Levi, Pelletier, and Wolf being S1. This is, of course, if what I heard holds true.
Ouch. Really wanted Cooley in S1 atleast. Guess you never know how a series turns out I mean look at 17-18 S1 now. I remember a few years ago when you could buy hobby of that series for $60 now look at it thanks to Thompson.

I put a $113 bid on a Kyle Clifford Net Card /25 the other day and still lost.

Like who on earth besides myself is spending that much money on Kyle Clifford. I was devastated.
Kyle Clifford probably lol

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No one has the Trottier on Epacks. Only a Bossy. I’m not going to even get into my issue with trading on that site.
hahaha fair... i recognize your username- you've been on since McDavid ygs came out too
No idea what e-cards are worth, what would that cost (US or CDN)?
it's hard to explain ePack but you can get the physical cards shipped to you ... so it's a real card
Considering Roy goes for over 1k, if you paid the Roy price, or less you score massively.
was more than 1k but less than the last ebay sale of 4k usd

Reactions: Golden_Jet

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Ouch. Really wanted Cooley in S1 atleast. Guess you never know how a series turns out I mean look at 17-18 S1 now. I remember a few years ago when you could buy hobby of that series for $60 now look at it thanks to Thompson.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was bidding for his kids. :cry:

Reactions: The Kingslayer

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
hahaha fair... i recognize your username- you've been on since McDavid ygs came out too

it's hard to explain ePack but you can get the physical cards shipped to you ... so it's a real card

was more than 1k but less than the last ebay sale of 4k usd
I’ve been on Epacks since it started. Too many terrible traders since 20-21 s1 who think either they can make a deal happen when they don’t have anything remotely close in value. I won’t even trade anything for non WL unless it’s base for base same set/comparable player swaps. Not worth touching trade bait when people can’t come up with a fair value trade unless youre willing to downgrade player and card quality and take bulk in return.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
For all of the Americans in this conversation, agree that the hockey card market is insignificant down there. But up in Canada, it is still very significant. I have been collecting Vintage for 30+ years, and although the market has gone down, after pandemic bubble, 10-20% for several key Vintage cards like Howe or Orr, some other vintage has significantly gone up, Maurice Richard as an example. Vintage will never tank, but all of these gimmicky cards like 1 of 5 of Cole Caufield or Trevor Zegras will.

Reactions: Satan

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
No idea what e-cards are worth, what would that cost (US or CDN)?
Can someone explain how e-cards worth? Like, is the UD E-Pack platform the way to start getting back into the hobby?

I have no use for e-cards and want the physical card itself. So is that an option (trying to understand the process from the search online)?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't even know that the man himself would bid that much lol.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For all of the Americans in this conversation, agree that the hockey card market is insignificant down there. But up in Canada, it is still very significant. I have been collecting Vintage for 30+ years, and although the market has gone down, after pandemic bubble, 10-20% for several key Vintage cards like Howe or Orr, some other vintage has significantly gone up, Maurice Richard as an example. Vintage will never tank, but all of these gimmicky cards like 1 of 5 of Cole Caufield or Trevor Zegras will.
I'm curious to see where the numbering card market is in a decade.

I've been telling buddies who cares if it's 1 out of 5, they are going to make another 1 out 5 multiple times a year for the next 15 years.

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Can someone explain how e-cards worth? Like, is the UD E-Pack platform the way to start getting back into the hobby?

I have no use for e-cards and want the physical card itself. So is that an option (trying to understand the process from the search online)?
They created an online site for Upper Deck products as a way to cut the middleman out. Ideally you’re buying the same product that’s in store and can ship home whatever’s physical. Base can be combined for an epack exclusive parallel as long as it doesn’t come from the free packs. Join and buy a few random packs to test it out if anything. Prices are MSRP so they are higher then what most LCS charge though which is a downside.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I'm curious to see where the numbering card market is in a decade.

I've been telling buddies who cares if it's 1 out of 5, they are going to make another 1 out 5 multiple times a year for the next 15 years.
Yes it has always been and will always come down to rookie cards of past or future hall of famers. That’s what holds value. Numbered cards mid career won’t hold value unless they are first ballot hall of famers, and even then it’s really the generational ones that count.

Reactions: joestevens29

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Does anyone remember the 1995 Playoff One on One Challenge card game? Fun game (iirc) but it was so hard to find. 25+ years later and I still need 20 cards for the set.

Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad