Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just saw someone using ACC Authentics as proof of legitimate signatures.

My research indicates that they are far from legitimate, so if you have anything authenticated, or purchased, it's pretty much a guaranteed fake.

Just a PSA for collectors of signatures.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Just saw someone using ACC Authentics as proof of legitimate signatures.

My research indicates that they are far from legitimate, so if you have anything authenticated, or purchased, it's pretty much a guaranteed fake.

Just a PSA for collectors of signatures.

I only want beckett/psa witnessed for most 3 party items. I might buy something cheap if i recognize a players signature like alexis lafreniere (saw him do some signing at msg when i went last month)

Really tho im gonna spend more money from an authorized dealer then take chances at getting a fake on ebay. Even fakes pass as real from jsa/psa/beckett on occasion or in some cases connor mcdavid signs chicken scratch in person and jsa/psa/beckett will say it's legit (which it is) but it wont be his nice oilers or upper deck signature (he has 2 different sigs he uses)

Nice little kandre miller young guns pickup

Attachments

• 20230413_230410.jpg
    20230413_230410.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 15

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Anyone know anything about the speckled rainbow YGs? Is it a SP, SSP?
They exclusively come from UD epack. People who have multiples of a card can exchange them for silver and speckled variants of the same card. I may be way off on specific numbers but I think silvers are like 5:1 and speckled are 15:1.

If anyone knows the correct numbers, please correct me.

Reactions: Sad People

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I only want beckett/psa witnessed for most 3 party items. I might buy something cheap if i recognize a players signature like alexis lafreniere (saw him do some signing at msg when i went last month)

Really tho im gonna spend more money from an authorized dealer then take chances at getting a fake on ebay. Even fakes pass as real from jsa/psa/beckett on occasion or in some cases connor mcdavid signs chicken scratch in person and jsa/psa/beckett will say it's legit (which it is) but it wont be his nice oilers or upper deck signature (he has 2 different sigs he uses)

Nice little kandre miller young guns pickup
I buy my signed photos from Frozen Pond. Probably the best in Canada when it comes to that sort of thing. Constantly doing private and public signings and they post tons of pictures from the signings on Facebook and their website. NHL licensed and all that also. I have full confidence in everything I buy from them.

eBay is the Wild West and I generally don’t trust anything enough to buy 8x10’s on there. I stick to certified auto cards on eBay.

Reactions: yada

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I buy my signed photos from Frozen Pond. Probably the best in Canada when it comes to that sort of thing. Constantly doing private and public signings and they post tons of pictures from the signings on Facebook and their website. NHL licensed and all that also. I have full confidence in everything I buy from them.

eBay is the Wild West and I generally don’t trust anything enough to buy 8x10’s on there. I stick to certified auto cards on eBay.

I need to check out frozen pond

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
20230414_165746.jpg
10 years of waiting for a Markstrom/Gudbranson 1/1 and multiple attempts of a replacement and I randomly got 1 today. Markstrom would have been a pc so prefer that but I think the shield is the cooler card and the Hull is to /10. Would have been fine with just the Miller as well.

Sorry if pic is huge.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
View attachment 68866310 years of waiting for a Markstrom/Gudbranson 1/1 and multiple attempts of a replacement and I randomly got 1 today. Markstrom would have been a pc so prefer that but I think the shield is the cooler card and the Hull is to /10. Would have been fine with just the Miller as well.

Sorry if pic is huge.
Too bad to hear about the dual 1/1 you were waiting on but at least those are both sweet cards.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
They exclusively come from UD epack. People who have multiples of a card can exchange them for silver and speckled variants of the same card. I may be way off on specific numbers but I think silvers are like 5:1 and speckled are 15:1.

If anyone knows the correct numbers, please correct me.

Yes, the silvers/foils are 5:1, but the speckled rainbows are 5 silver/foils:1, so essentially 25:1.

Reactions: Sad People

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Too bad to hear about the dual 1/1 you were waiting on but at least those are both sweet cards.
Honestly I thought I was screwed once Panini lost it's hockey license and when I made contact and was told I would be put in a long queue which was like 2 years ago. I was expecting nothing so yes happy with the 2 cards. I wonder what other hockey cards they still have.

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
Collected a wee bit as a kid, but have never seriously collected after that. I don’t really have money to collect (going to school, and a wife and two small kids eats any extra cash I would have).

I do have a few collections I enjoy, though they’re not worth much. All UD S1 and S2 Avalanche cards from 95-96 until current (excluding MacKinnon and Makar YG’s) is my pride and joy as an Avs fan, but wish I wouldn’t have slept on the 2 YG’s I’m missing.

Also have all UD S1 and S2 goalies starting from UD’s debut in hockey in 90-91 (excluding YG’s in this collection unfortunately). This is a really fun collection to look through, as goalie cards are my favourite.

Then there is my Sakic and Gretzky collections, 150+ unique cards of each (none that are valuable).

I can’t really afford collecting, so I found a way to enjoy base cards. Cheap way to still have fun.

Reactions: crazy8888

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Collected a wee bit as a kid, but have never seriously collected after that. I don’t really have money to collect (going to school, and a wife and two small kids eats any extra cash I would have).

I do have a few collections I enjoy, though they’re not worth much. All UD S1 and S2 Avalanche cards from 95-96 until current (excluding MacKinnon and Makar YG’s) is my pride and joy as an Avs fan, but wish I wouldn’t have slept on the 2 YG’s I’m missing.

Also have all UD S1 and S2 goalies starting from UD’s debut in hockey in 90-91 (excluding YG’s in this collection unfortunately). This is a really fun collection to look through, as goalie cards are my favourite.

Then there is my Sakic and Gretzky collections, 150+ unique cards of each (none that are valuable).

I can’t really afford collecting, so I found a way to enjoy base cards. Cheap way to still have fun.
Nice stuff. Collecting isn't all about money. Imo, the Avs YGs you need will probably continue to fall in price. In debit two years you'll probably be able to pick them up much cheaper.

.. Unless they win another cup that is.... But then you really don't have much to complain about.

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
Nice stuff. Collecting isn't all about money. Imo, the Avs YGs you need will probably continue to fall in price. In debit two years you'll probably be able to pick them up much cheaper.

.. Unless they win another cup that is.... But then you really don't have much to complain about.
Yeah I’ve been patient for the last year and a half for them start coming down. Winning the cup didn’t help prices, but it sure was fun to watch. Not sure they have what it takes to repeat, would be cool if they did. I’ll get those cards someday I’m sure

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony

You could always get makar and mackinons marquee rookie cards as an alternative to their young guns. Marquee rookie cards really arent too bad (except alexis lafreniere :facepalm: )

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
You could always get makar and mackinons marquee rookie cards as an alternative to their young guns. Marquee rookie cards really arent too bad (except alexis lafreniere :facepalm: )
I may do that in the interim…but my ocd will eventually take over when cards prices flatten out a bit. No disrespect to OPC, but when every other card is Upper Deck, then those two need to be as well. I wasn’t very active with cards in Mack’s early years, could have gotten him then for cheap

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know not hockey cards, but I check out random auctions online from time to time when running reports at work. Can't believe the below. Eakins signed apron starting bid $100. Actual players like Rakell, Backes, Silfverberg starting bid $50.

Wonder if I should email the company and let them know that they'd have to pay someone $100 to take that off their hands

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Would anyone consider KSA for authenticating signatures to be legitimate? I haven't seen many that they've done, or I'm not sure if they're new to the game, or not in thar capacity.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Whats the best box blaster booster or anything in between I could buy right now for under 100? I just got an itch I need to scratch and I'm hoping you fine gentleman could lead me in the right direction. It's a Canadian 100 by the way. I know its not much, but I'm just hoping to see what you think best bang for buck is to maybe hit on something, no mvp or anything.

Thanks anybody who replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Whats the best box blaster booster or anything in between I could buy right now for under 100? I just got an itch I need to scratch and I'm hoping you fine gentleman could lead me in the right direction. It's a Canadian 100 by the way. I know its not much, but I'm just hoping to see what you think best bang for buck is to maybe hit on something, no mvp or anything.

Thanks anybody who replies.
Wal-Mart has Allure and Metal. Might be able to get 2 boxes for that, but as they're just a small blaster they keep a lot of the more expensive cards out of the box, or at least they do for Series 1 and 2.

Still a chance to get a good card.

You could go to a card store and see what they have on clearance. I know out of the box in Ottawa had a lot of older sets on for decent price off.

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad