U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With how far the American program has come, you would expect them to have a deeper team here. With that and the most recent draft, not a great trajectory for the American program overall
I thought they left off two of the best defensemen, Chase Reid and Landon Nycz. Both Waterloo players. 2026 eligibles so they are on the younger side and this team is already better on defense than forward anyway, so it’s not like the team needs defensemen, but I thought both should’ve made it.

Not many American forwards played USHL last year, which is a sign this forward group wouldn’t be good.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy the broadcast mentioned Poletin as well. He’s added a ton to that line

All three create offence through defence too. All three backcheck. Then turn it on when they have the puck. Highly entertaining
Damn you!

I was just about to come in and type that... they keep saying Novotny and Benak but Poletin is damn good and our captain.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If we can hang on.. that is a semi spot which would be great as playing Finn's for a playoff spot is not fun.lol

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I thought they left off two of the best defensemen, Chase Reid and Landon Nycz. Both Waterloo players. 2026 eligibles so they are on the younger side and this team is already better on defense than forward anyway, so it’s not like the team needs defensemen, but I thought both should’ve made it.

Not many American forwards played USHL last year, which is a sign this forward group wouldn’t be good.
Shame Nycz isn't on this US team. He was pretty good for one of the youngest players in the USHL last year.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Semis are achieved!

Good

5 vs 5 play
Top line
Benak (yes I know he's on top line)
Mrtka
Team structures are good

Bad
PP is rough
Some lapses for sure
Haven't really hit full gear (or we don't have one)
No D scoring?
Depth scoring

Not sure
Dravecky and zahesky scare the shit out of me

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That Finn vs us match coming up is huge...
Germans 2 points
Us 0 points
Finn's 1 point

Finn's need a win here big time.. I expect a 4--3 game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad