Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Pain...
So frustrating to be going backwards.
This should have been our best year yet, and it ends a waste.
I guess all there is now is waiting for the offseason and hoping that we don't completely destroy any chance of success moving forward.

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Time to boot up EA NHL franchise mode and fire all my coaches, then try and trade for a goalie.

Anyone else?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
NEXT YEAR WE MUST RETOOL. DO NOT RUSH or INVEST IN THESE LOSERS

If Tavares and Marner can't be convinced to waive their NTCs then wait out their contracts.
This right here.

Called it at the start of the year, the next 2 seasons are gonna be a waste because of those 2 contracts. Tavares will not waive, my sister worked with his wife and knows her personally through the hospital. They plan on staying in the GTA forever and raising their kids here, there is absolutely no chance he waives. It wasn't a hockey choice, it was a family decision when he signed here. He'll probably take a massive discount just to stay here, it's not a money thing or a playing for a contender thing.

We have to wait until the end of next season until we can actually re-tool and make a true contender. Marner might legitimately get run out of town, as he should. Guy is an absolute disgrace and he should be humiliated for his "efforts" for the 8th year in a row now.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Get rid of as many of the losers as possible, and let some kids take the reigns next year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah this is more like an inevitable numbness. Like I would've been excited if they won and looked forward to Florida but this team has beefed it so much that I'm used to it. Can't be bothered to get too depressed or angry. It is what it is. This is the Leafs at their core.
That’s how I feel too.
Some of my Nucks friends texted me and said, sorry it happened, it must been tough… I just told them, honestly I don’t feel anything anymore.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Didn’t see the game but just saw the highlights.
Marner made 2 great setup’s especially eddy.
Is that all he did?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nonsense......the angle of the rebound from the boards made it an extremely risky play and it would have taken an outstanding play by Samsonov to intercept it. The fault is 100% on Reilly for not recognizing the play developing until it was too late.
And, how many hockey games have you coached and at what levels?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Both goals on Samsonov. You can't just let that first goal in short side, pathetic. Second goal he's so deep in the crease and doesn't even try to use his stick at all. Mental midget.
Leafs scored only 1 goal tonight and the PP should be plastered on milk cartons because it’s still missing for a while, but hey, let’s gloss over all of that and blame the guy who kept the Leafs in the game tonight. The logic here is unbelievable.

The leafs scored 1 goal tonight! 1 goal.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
When we got that first goal I really thought it could be it.

I guess it's better that Boston got theirs so quickly, no need letting optimism really creep in.

This is the least bad I've felt after elimination since I started watching, it's actually kind of freeing compared to watching with nerves and hope.
As soon a leafs scored the intensity went up another level . They chased the game from then on . They don’t have a system to fall back on so guys just don’t know what to do or what the other guy is going to do . Good teams stick to a plan, roles , structure …not just talent .

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Most painful loss in Leafs history.... we have to grow from this or lose everything.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Great question, actually.

And the answer to that is probably as miserable as the outcome as this game.

For some of these players, it's a very personal endeavor.

The team isn't as important,
They way this core has managed their cap hits, I think that has been pretty clear from the start.

People can be upset with Marchand, but his comment from earlier this week about players, salaries, etc. was spot on.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Love the grit. Love the effort. Love the defense. New President. New coaching staff. Trade Rielly and Marner.
For sure. They did have a new identity the last 3 games. Marner and Rielly's old ways didnt fit.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
If that dump in for pastrnak fell to Marner he would’ve taken it behind the net.
It was weird when he dangled towards the net, all the forwards collapsed but he passed it back to the outside to Edmundson. Like yeah I get Edmundson is wide open but it's a low danger area where Swayman is saving that off Edmundson 100% of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad