Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Reilly needs to move on. You can't be a 7.5 #1 d and need a partner to bail you out each time. He is not a #1 D. he was standing still in the D zone watching Pasternak retrieve the puck. No awareness of where the puck was going.

Guys to move on from

1. Shananhan - he is the mastermind of this debacle.
2. Keefe. gets outcoached is games that matter
3. Marner - can't make what he wants. No show when the games get hard
4. Reilly - not a #1 but is paid like it.
5. Samanov - Terrible clutch goalie
6. Jarnkrok is a waste of a roster spot.

Let JT walk away after his deal or offer him 3 x 4..5 or say see ya.

Let's get the housecleaning started tomorrow. Announce Berube as the new HC

No.

I don't want Tavares back at any price. Any.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yea, of course you trade him if you can... my point is the return does not matter. If he won't agree to go... he can walk. Team is better off either way.
Why did they give him a NMC? I just don't get it. He didn't take less money so.... Why?

Reactions: ruaware41

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Rule 57.3 of the NHL rulebook states: “If, in the opinion of the referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shot will be awarded, but a minor penalty for tripping shall be assessed.”

Reactions: bax

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
funny but it doesn't feel that way to me at all this time

this is the easiest game 7 loss of them all for some reason

Can't explain why to be honest
I feel the same way.
I would be in cloud 9 when they won but didn’t even feel disappointed or mad this time around, kind of expected and like oh well, whatever…

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Like this is a big problem and they need heads to roll for this one way or another. I guess Keefe will take the majority of the heat here, but man... the players are just cursed.

Well we have a winger who puts points up in meaningless situations

We have a Center who literally can’t handle a puck

We have a $40m core that can’t score a pp goal

yes Samsonov let in a dog shit level goal on Lindholm. You gotta score

If Marner, keefe, jarnkrok, and some others aren’t gone interest next year is gonna be all time low.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
we scored 0 high skill legitimate goals off a team cycle or face off that beat their goalie clean once in 7 games and had 1 powerplay goal all series. lmao and teams get multiple of those in a single game. And they don’t have 40m tied in 4 forwards. unreal.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Honestly, I really wanted this win to exorcise the demons of the past with Boston, but it doesn't change the fact that this team needs to shake up the core moving forward in order to become a legitimate contender.

Yes, we had terrible luck with injuries, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. Even if we advanced, it was very unlikely that we would have beaten Florida, let alone challenge for a Stanley Cup.

The silver lining is that I think long overdue changes will finally take place this off season.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
NEXT YEAR WE MUST RETOOL. DO NOT RUSH or INVEST IN THESE LOSERS

If Tavares and Marner can't be convinced to waive their NTCs then wait out their contracts.
IMG_9949.jpeg

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
It wasn't the grit or defence, you can be sure of that in this game.

It was offence.

They are paid to be an offensive-powerhouse and they made that clear in how their contracts were negotiated.

They simply did not deliver, again.
The offense hasn’t come through in the playoffs in recent memory. But Shanny keeps running it back. Hopefully he’s run out of town.

Reactions: ToneDog

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I've said this before about Matthews and this series hasn't done much to change my mind...he can be a top 5 player in the league..and the best scorer in the league..and at the same time just be a player that is not one who raise his game to a higher level in the playoffs.

I still don't believe it 100%, but I'm getting closer to the side of AM being a great regular season player but not a good playoff player...and being a great 'individual' player on both sides of the ice but someone who doesn't even come close to making the rest of the team around him better.

The team is NOT better without him, but the rest of the guys (individually) play a better 'team' game when AM isn't playing.
He's Ovie. Was always a playoff choker until one year the team around him got better. Then the narrative stopped about him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad