Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
a lot of us hate on these guys but how many of us have our lives in order ourselves. I just don’t care anymore as much. over investment in one ended relationships aren’t healthy after a certain age. try and enjoy the sun tomorrow fellas

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Not going to blame that all on Sammy but he really needed to be better on that OT goal.

I'm not too upset about the loss in that as a collective, they played a hell of a game, especially against the herculean task of winning 3 in a row. Piss poor games at home did us in.

Cutting ties with Keefe and getting stability in goal are probably paramount for this team. TBH, I see the biggest changes possibly coming when after next year when JT and Mitch are off the books. At least Brodie is off the books so that frees up some cap space to possibly get a goalie or a defender who can still play in the playoffs.

Reactions: ruaware41

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They finally have an excuse to clean house. Send Shanahan packing. Fire Keefe. Hire Joel Quenneville. Trade Marner for D/G upgrades. Losing this series is the best thing that could've happened to this team we would've gotten mopped by the Panthers anyway. Let's blow this shitshow up

honestly, I said that last year. I doubt Rod Brind'Amour is going to hit the market. I know Quennville seriously effed up with that situation in Chicago. but as I said last year, HE knows that and he has to live with those consequences for the rest of his life. If he's done rehab/therapy/reparations etc it doesn't wipe it clean but I think he should be allowed to work, and Q was a good coach. I honestly don't know who else is available.

here is my thing - I'm not defending Shananan here, but what is firing him going to do exactly. if Treliving has the carte blanche to do whatever he wants. what's the point? if he doesn't then sure. but then if you fire Shanahan then you have to fire Treliving too. did Treliving do such a bad job he only gets 1 year? and whose available for being a GM? (legit I don't know).

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
Thank you Leafs. I agree with Tavares, if we were to be told, that mitch, nylander, and auston Mathews were all going to have injury/non productive days for this series, would you have thought that it would go to a game7 & OT?

I feel this bunch over performed. I am done with the coaching. I think he is a great coach of a lot of teams, but not elite that Toronto deserves in his position. A lot very easy mistakes were made that could have been corrected, but were not, we need someone that does not keep committing the same mistake over and over. Great organizational guy, but not what I need as head coach of the leafs.

I also think that the coaching line shenanigans that happened just prior to the playoffs, created problems for our top 3 the stupidity of changing them at random and leading to our most productive players being put in a situation that they did not need to be put into especially in so late in a competitive series. Stop messing with the line, at least if you are going to mess with the lines, SEE WHAT WORKS, because after mucking with it he still did not seem to know what worked, and only would improve the outlook of 1 of the 3 at a time, instead of all 3 at the same time. I never understood why after the muckin nylander and mitch positions, minutes, partners, were kept apart so often when it seems that these two are ideally suited to each others game. this made no sense to me... basically I see a very fine machine that was probably not utilized to its best settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitch nylander

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Our team is 1 Mackinnon, Rantanen and 1 Makar away from winning a cup

We have elite 2nd liners in Matthews, Rielly and Nylander

Elite 3rd liners in Marner and Domi

Elite 4th liner in Tavares

We are a missing a core
:laugh:

I get we are upset, but this is outright ridiculous... take some time off, enjoy family, and come back with a realistic viewpoint.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
This is a blessing in disguise cause Sheldon isn’t cutting it, marner isn’t cutting it, Tavares isn’t cutting it, samsonov isn’t cutting it, our defence isn’t cutting it. Too many glaring issues. Surprised we even came back being down 3-1 in the series
I am not surprised that they came back at all. I knew this would happen.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
When we got that first goal I really thought it could be it.

I guess it's better that Boston got theirs so quickly, no need letting optimism really creep in.

This is the least bad I've felt after elimination since I started watching, it's actually kind of freeing compared to watching with nerves and hope.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keefe is pathetic and Shanahan deserve to get axed for putting his faith in Dubas and Keefe for so long. Don't give af about Tre either way.

Tre had this team built so they didnt buckle to physical play..he did his job. Shanny and Dubas coach had 4% PP... How is that even possible?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You can't have a Maple Leafs game 7 without the goaltender allowing a questionable goal or two. It's always the same f***ing script in game 7. This franchise is a laughing stock.

50M in 4 forwards for offense. Matthews and Nylander usually show up

Where the F are Marner and Tavares? Especially Marner? He is the biggest piece of crap in the locker room as far as I am concerned

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A lot of this is extremely unfair, they played with a ton of heart this series, this isn’t like past years.

A bit unfair but pretty unacceptable to not be able to score a powerplay goal with 40M worth of players on the ice. Almost 50M with Rielly. Unacceptable that you fall flat in your 2 home games like nobody gave a shit.

They did play physical, they did play with gutsy efforts and it isn't all bad. The effort was solid for 3-4 games. But it's another season where we don't have the better goaltender or the better offense.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Someone used this image against me a few days ago.

Just sending it back at cha!

Attachments

• downloadfile.png
    downloadfile.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad