Status
Not open for further replies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This is where I'm unsure of...

A) The highly skilled but somewhat undersized Heidt
B) The pro-ready but limited upside and average size in Khusnutdinov
C) The mystery bag with good pro size but started off his AHL career with a bang of Bankier and could have some sneaky offensive upside

... I think for sure Heidt>Khusnutdinov. Not sure where to put Bankier. Give a few hours to think...

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ritchie - I’ll take the big right shot forward who impressed on Canada’s WJC team and was basically a ppg player on a not so star studded team. Excellent shot. Skates well. 6’1” and see him ending up around Boldy’s size ~ 6’2” 200lbs. Love that; we need more big guys with skill.

Heidt gives me pause. His numbers are crazy, but look at his teammates. Basically three other 100+ point players (Becher would have if he played the same amount of games as the others). Eight players were over a point per game. Will the offense translate? Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully it does.

Khusnutdinov I see as a Haula (wild version) type hopefully. ~ 35 point defensively sound 3C. Does anyone see him being anything more than that?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is when it gets difficult. Voted Heidt, even though pro scouts clearly aren't thrilled with him, for some reason. Thought about Marat, Hunt, Bankier. Lost a bit of faith in Peart last year, never had any in Stramel.

ooo, forgot about Ritchie.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Finally going Heidt. I had similar feelings to Ryder with Heidt on draft day - liked the prospect but not surprised they fell. Only difference is Heidt has one more year of proven success over Ryder.

I feel like I know how the Khusnutdinov story is going and its going to be a fine NHLer but nothing great. Bankier is a bit more unknown but like;y top out as a good bottom six guy.

Heidt at least as some variance to his project because of his offensive output. I'll throw the dice with him.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Kind of repeating myself here - I don't have a lot of faith that Heidt will get to this level, but I think he has the chance to become Claude Giroux; a 80-90 point play driving center. Something that our team has been missing basically since it's inception. That is a level that I don't see anywhere else in the prospect pool listed here.

I like Khusnutdinov and Lorenz as the next two guys. The former looked fine as a 4th line center with a chance for more, while Lorenz seems to be a prototypical middle-six forward and in excited to see him probably go pro at the end of this season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Finally going Heidt. I had similar feelings to Ryder with Heidt on draft day - liked the prospect but not surprised they fell. Only difference is Heidt has one more year of proven success over Ryder.

I feel like I know how the Khusnutdinov story is going and its going to be a fine NHLer but nothing great. Bankier is a bit more unknown but like;y top out as a good bottom six guy.

Heidt at least as some variance to his project because of his offensive output. I'll throw the dice with him.
This is actually why I picked Khusnutdinov over Heidt. I know he'll be an NHLer, probably solid, though not great. A real 3rd liner, and with a skill profile that can center a scoring 3rd line or a defensive (but not shutdown) 3rd line. With Heidt, I think he could be a lot more, but I also think he could be a lot less.

Lately I've been going for the more sure-thing in these polls, but in truth I rate them pretty equally. If voting for more than one option were possible, I'd have picked both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad