4) Hunter Brzustewicz - 57%
5) Matvei Gridin - 60%
6) Samuel Honzek - 43%
7) Jakob Pelletier - 53%
8) Andrew Basha - 37%

The Bashman prevails

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I picked Poirier but at this point there's probably 8 guys that could fit in the final 2 spots of the top 10. I'd include Kirill Zarubin in that list.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Putting aside my thoughts on Poirier, things are hazy with some of the names in this tier. I would have Klapka well ahead of Stromgren though

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Morin for me by quite a bit here, feels as though he has the safest floor of the remaining options and plenty of upside to boot. Poirier gets consideration here but truthfully the "better" versions of him that we have already off the list bumps him down for me a fair bit.

Not particularly sold on Stromgren thus far. Still waiting for something that marks him out as a potential NHL player.

Solovyov I see the argument here because his floor at this point is pretty safe as being some kind of NHL player, but I don't really see much upside remaining.

Somewhat tempted to consider Suniev here just for the excitement factor.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not particularly sold on Stromgren thus far. Still waiting for something that marks him out as a potential NHL player.

The second half of the AHL season and the AHL playoffs have me thinking he might have something there.
I'd like to see him really put some big points up with the Wranglers next season, he'll be playing a key role for the team with departures, graduates and influx of the young guys that'll be joining the team.

If he could continue to progress, he's got good size, dunno; could be one of those guys that gets into the league as a late as the end of this year and then who knows.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'm comfortable with Stromgren at 9th.

If he hadn't had the surge in development in the back half and into the playoffs he probably dips to like 15th in these rankings.

But development in his play having come from Sweden is exactly what you'd want to see.

Takes some time to adjust to the culture and surroundings.

Reactions: Kahvi and Volica

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Okay I think Stromgren's got this wrapped.

I mentioned this in a prior thread - but some pretty good prospects are going to go 11-15.

Prospects as good as our 2-6 in prior versions of the Flames.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Okay I think Stromgren's got this wrapped.

I mentioned this in a prior thread - but some pretty good prospects are going to go 11-15.

Prospects as good as our 2-6 in prior versions of the Flames.
I'd have to agree, it is better than past years.
I used to argue that there was no point in ranking prospects 10-20 because it was pretty embarrassing. But right now there are more than a few I feel good about that would be likely 15th+ this year like Hurtig, Lipinkski, Morton, Suniev & Mews
We're top half in the league and rising.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
We're top half in the league and rising.
I'm not informed enough on other teams prospect pools to debate this, but I just think we're in a better spot in general. I don't think we have many legitimate "this is a top line forward/top 2 d-man" kind of guys, but we have a lot of guys who are "Second line/Second pair guys who could probably step up to top line/pair without a big struggle" which is still a massive improvement from the "Kyle Greentree, Kris Chucko, Jamie Lundmark" era

Reactions: FLAMESFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad