OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Loved the Weird Al movie. It's great.

I watched Civil War and I Used to be Funny recently. Both are good, neither is great. Probably 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

Started playing Vampire Survivors. It's fun and pretty addicting. Good time-killer type game with progression but not a story to keep up with, so easy to pop in and out of. Same sort of niche as Hades in that way.

I read The Covenant of Steel series from Andrew Ryan recently. I liked all three books though probably progressively a bit less each one. They all had parts where I couldn't put them down, but they also all had some bits that sort of dragged I think. Well written and never bad certainly. Probably in the 7/10 range overall.

Saw "Civil War" last weekend as well. Had the same thoughts. If anything, it was a tad underwhelming based on the reviews I'd seen. Just seemed ... small(?) considering the background topic.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Saw "Civil War" last weekend as well. Had the same thoughts. If anything, it was a tad underwhelming based on the reviews I'd seen. Just seemed ... small(?) considering the background topic.
yeah agreed. I don't have any real complaints; nothing was bad about it. It was well made and had some really good scenes, but the overall story never really grabbed me.

I think I've put 80+ hours in to it which is definitely my most played game in recent years. There's a multiplayer mode which I haven't tried out yet. But maybe we will tonight.
oh I have like 4 or 5 I think. Glad to hear it stays fun for a while.

edit: Just lost with 20 seconds left ugh

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The movie was f***ing dumb. It felt like the same movie as the one on Netflix that was also a civil war plot when the families finally leave and see all the Teslas crashing into each other. Leave the world behind I think it was called.

Americans love this plot for some reason. Civil dissent, factions, it's like some keep wondering what if it happened again like it's a fun thought lol.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The bloke on the far left has 6 fingers.
oh, right I did see that. no he doesn't. The pinky just goes off screen and back on overlapping the ring finger in the shot.

images

Watched Bodies Bodies Bodies recently. That was pretty good.
I liked that one a lot. I haven't been let down by a Rachel Sennott movie yet. Bottoms and Shiva Baby are both great too. Though "I Used to be Funny" is just good overall, she's still really good in it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So many unlockables. And DLC.
oh yeah I keep getting more. It's got big "one more run" energy for sure.

I thought Civil War was okay. Seemed to be more a commentary on media than anything about America IMO.
yeah for sure. They made sure to keep politics pretty much out of it aside from a few "obviously that's bad" viewpoints like the president not giving up his power and blatant murderous racism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Could you imagine if a country killed journalists trying to tell the truth of what's going on so narratives aren't spun when the truth is hidden, etc. That'd be wild huh?

Imagine if a country did tha....oh wait.
I'd say that would have been a better point than it actually made. I feel like the movie had almost everybody try to treat the media folks well and openly accept their presence; it felt more about the media being cold and heartless or something I guess?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
oh yeah I keep getting more. It's got big "one more run" energy for sure.

yeah for sure. They made sure to keep politics pretty much out of it aside from a few "obviously that's bad" viewpoints like the president not giving up his power and blatant murderous racism.

I only played one round by myself last night. Maybe the wife will have interest in the VS co-op tonight. Gotta start with zero upgrades!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad