OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Loved the Weird Al movie. It's great.

I watched Civil War and I Used to be Funny recently. Both are good, neither is great. Probably 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

Started playing Vampire Survivors. It's fun and pretty addicting. Good time-killer type game with progression but not a story to keep up with, so easy to pop in and out of. Same sort of niche as Hades in that way.

I read The Covenant of Steel series from Andrew Ryan recently. I liked all three books though probably progressively a bit less each one. They all had parts where I couldn't put them down, but they also all had some bits that sort of dragged I think. Well written and never bad certainly. Probably in the 7/10 range overall.

Saw "Civil War" last weekend as well. Had the same thoughts. If anything, it was a tad underwhelming based on the reviews I'd seen. Just seemed ... small(?) considering the background topic.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Saw "Civil War" last weekend as well. Had the same thoughts. If anything, it was a tad underwhelming based on the reviews I'd seen. Just seemed ... small(?) considering the background topic.
yeah agreed. I don't have any real complaints; nothing was bad about it. It was well made and had some really good scenes, but the overall story never really grabbed me.

I think I've put 80+ hours in to it which is definitely my most played game in recent years. There's a multiplayer mode which I haven't tried out yet. But maybe we will tonight.
oh I have like 4 or 5 I think. Glad to hear it stays fun for a while.

edit: Just lost with 20 seconds left ugh

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The movie was f***ing dumb. It felt like the same movie as the one on Netflix that was also a civil war plot when the families finally leave and see all the Teslas crashing into each other. Leave the world behind I think it was called.

Americans love this plot for some reason. Civil dissent, factions, it's like some keep wondering what if it happened again like it's a fun thought lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad