OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Most insane random question of all time but if anyone has some knowledge or even where to start - it'd be greatly appreciated.

My wife does a podcast/YouTube show on Relational Wealth (basically how to build relationships, meet people, be comfortable developing friendships). I want to reach out to some places to do some ad drops or get the info out. Anyone have experience in this world that could point me in the right direction?

I just feel building relationships is something that isn't really out there as much as it is and I want to throw it a little push and see if it gets there. But this is NOT my area of expertise. :laugh:
This seems like something @Better Call Maul might know a thing or two about, except we live in Canuckland.

Congrats by the way.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This seems like something @Better Call Maul might know a thing or two about, except we live in Canuckland.

Congrats by the way.
My mind went to the wealth part of that rather than building relationships, gotta think about this one and see if there’s anything I can suggest that could help. @ColePens - I’ll see if there’s anything I’ve come across that could help, mate.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ColePens

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
media%2FFmm5n5rWYAA7Ff-.jpg

:laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
So, I randomly found the spinoff of "That's 70's Show" which seems like a Disney version called "That 90's Show".

Corrupting kids even younger...LOL

Awkward is.... The younger looking Ryen Doi (Japanese kid) who seems to be the Fez replacement but just seems so out of place as the somewhat gay person, but Fez wasn't gay and this kid whom is very gay and is very outward of it. Much more so than I remember the times being that 12/13 year old's were that vocal about it.

This Gay Pride thing is going to totally ruin the show. And I feel bad for having to say that about a 13 year old kid, but he totally doesn't fit in with this cast. Like I said, Disney like awkwardness. Really, now that I think of it, the whole stinking cast except Jackie and Kelso's kid, Jay.

That-70s-Show-Cast-Where-Are-They-Now-Feature.jpg

to this...

Hello... have to be proper and get all the demographics in there, Disney...

It's like the Disney channel let their kids do drugs...

90SHOW_101_Unit_02813RC.jpg

Maybe after 3/4 seasons they might seem okay.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So, I randomly found the spinoff of "That's 70's Show" which seems like a Disney version called "That 90's Show".

Corrupting kids even younger...LOL

Awkward is.... The younger looking Ryen Doi (Japanese kid) who seems to be the Fez replacement but just seems so out of place as the somewhat gay person, but Fez wasn't gay and this kid whom is very gay and is very outward of it. Much more so than I remember the times being that 12/13 year old's were that vocal about it.

This Gay Pride thing is going to totally ruin the show. And I feel bad for having to say that about a 13 year old kid, but he totally doesn't fit in with this cast. Like I said, Disney like awkwardness. Really, now that I think of it, the whole stinking cast except Jackie and Kelso's kid, Jay.

That-70s-Show-Cast-Where-Are-They-Now-Feature.jpg

to this...

Hello... have to be proper and get all the demographics in there, Disney...

It's like the Disney channel let their kids do drugs...

90SHOW_101_Unit_02813RC.jpg

Maybe after 3/4 seasons they might seem okay.
The thing about Fez was that he was effeminate but a straight up horndog for women. They missed everything that made that show what it was. I also despise Ashton Kutcher so I really won’t watch the new one and haven’t rewatched the original after it ended. Also wasn’t one of the actors like a serial rapist?

Remember that time Robocop shot that guy in the dick?
I can’t forget the bloke that was blown up with a car when he was all steamed or whatever. But nice reference, the dad was in that.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The thing about Fez was that he was effeminate but a straight up horndog for women. They missed everything that made that show what it was. I also despise Ashton Kutcher so I really won’t watch the new one and haven’t rewatched the original after it ended. Also wasn’t one of the actors like a serial rapist?
yeah Hyde is still in court etc for that I believe. Seems like a real turd. His brother was Francis on Malcom in the Middle. I believe both are into scientology, but I don't think his brother is at least publicly getting into any trouble.

On the flip side, Ashton Kutcher seems to be a genuinely great dude. Hasn't made many movies/TV shows I care for since That 70's show though.

I don't have any strong objection to the new That 90's Show, but I'll also likely never watch it. My parents like it though, so 🤷

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Why is Hollywood so lame with rebooting shows and making them worse than the original?

Also @ColePens - was your wife just wanting to know how others build relationships with clients and what not?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Why is Hollywood so lame with rebooting shows and making them worse than the original?

Because the only way to get anything made in this stupid industry is to attract interest. New ideas don't come with a pre-existing audience, so those controlling the purse strings are allergic. Slap an existing IP onto something random and voila, instant audience.

Listen, studio executives are f***ing morons and unless you are independently wealthy enough to produce something yourself you have to go through the moron brigade.

Honestly streaming is only going to make this worse before it gets better. When there's a billion options out there, marketing & execs see any possible leg up in getting someone interested as an advantage...when in reality you're just going to make fans of the original thing angry because it's not what it's being advertised as and becomes doomed to never find the audience that they were actually hoping to create amid the hate.

The only thing that has me laughing about Velma causing so much vitriol is that at least 90% of Scooby Doo media out there is immediately dated tripe that nobody remembers...but this one got the kind of vitriol you'd expect out of a bad Star Wars spin-off.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
We watched the first two episodes of Velma. While we didn't "like" it it certainly isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Though that first scene absolutely is a 1/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad