OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
If we are still on the soda topic…gimme pure cane sugar sodas in glass bottles (I.E. Mexican Coca-Cola or Jarritos, etc.) or GTFO. :yo:

Yes I will pay extra cash for them and no I don’t care.

ieob8rLMcFwW4FmPIhfKvrVlCZU=.gif

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Speaking of cartoons, I want to get back into Dragon Ball Z/Super. I think I've already watched the first Super movie/episodes. And perhaps today I'll watch the second Super movie. If I'm recalling correctly, I think the first two movies summarize the first 40 or so episodes.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Speaking of cartoons, I want to get back into Dragon Ball Z/Super. I think I've already watched the first Super movie/episodes. And perhaps today I'll watch the second Super movie. If I'm recalling correctly, I think the first two movies summarize the first 40 or so episodes.

I just recently went back to the original Dragon Ball for a lark. I always forget what a horny bastard Roshi was.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If we are still on the soda topic…gimme pure cane sugar sodas in glass bottles (I.E. Mexican Coca-Cola or Jarritos, etc.) or GTFO. :yo:

Yes I will pay extra cash for them and no I don’t care.

ieob8rLMcFwW4FmPIhfKvrVlCZU=.gif

I don't know how to tell you this, but Mexican Coke is a myth. Has been for a few years now. The bottles are the same, but that ain't real sugar anymore.

Literally everything vaguely interesting being abruptly cancelled is proving my decision to f*** out of that industry was the right move. Everything that isn't a massive hit is just a tax write-off anymore. I'm down to Criterion being my only f***ing streaming package now. Here's a f***ing hint to executives: if you cancel everything before it has a chance to grow an audience, you destroy any motivation for the audience to invest time in anything new.

I'm pretty much bracing myself for the inevitable canceling of the Venture Brothers finale movie, which will suck.

giphy.gif

V8czaAN.gif

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Speaking of CBD, I tried some new edibles this week with CBN instead of CBD. I had never heard of CBN, but I was told it has a melatonin-like impact and it really helps you stay asleep. The results? God damn, these things knock me out cold.

I've tried CBD but it never really did anything for me. CBN destroys me though and I'm looking for ways to actually get CBN pills to replace melatonin because of how well it worked.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Still haven't watched Pale Blue...

But I somehow found myself getting into Kingstown after finishing Tulsa King, fantastic show, both of them really. Wasn't really a fan of Renner because of the Marvel stuff when I used to actually like him, but he's great in Mayor of Kingstown.

Both are Sheridan shows, to me far superior than any of the Yellowstone shows which are just exhausting to watch when every single character just sucks. Leave it to Harrison Ford to join the Yellowstone world to finally make me hate him in something.

Yeah they are 5 bucks a pop. But it’s CBD.

Recently at the ripe age of mid 40s I've developed some bad anxiety and my depression has sort of decided on a comeback tour since last year after having it at bay for almost 20+ years. I've heard a lot about cbd and anxiety but I wonder if it would do anything to the antidepressants?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Still haven't watched Pale Blue...

But I somehow found myself getting into Kingstown after finishing Tulsa King, fantastic show, both of them really. Wasn't really a fan of Renner because of the Marvel stuff when I used to actually like him, but he's great in Mayor of Kingstown.

Both are Sheridan shows, to me far superior than any of the Yellowstone shows which are just exhausting to watch when every single character just sucks. Leave it to Harrison Ford to join the Yellowstone world to finally make me hate him in something.

Recently at the ripe age of mid 40s I've developed some bad anxiety and my depression has sort of decided on a comeback tour since last year after having it at bay for almost 20+ years. I've heard a lot about cbd and anxiety but I wonder if it would do anything to the antidepressants?

I don't take any pills, but I've taken Xanax (not subscribed) previously and CBD has the same effect without the physical effects for me.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of CBD, I tried some new edibles this week with CBN instead of CBD. I had never heard of CBN, but I was told it has a melatonin-like impact and it really helps you stay asleep. The results? God damn, these things knock me out cold.

I've tried CBD but it never really did anything for me. CBN destroys me though and I'm looking for ways to actually get CBN pills to replace melatonin because of how well it worked.

Ah edibles, the wife and I were at our place in Seattle a few months back and ate one and I convinced both of us that it wasn't working as we had it for a year in a sealed pack and 20mins into eating one I had her eat another one but we split the second one. So 40mins she was tripping balls and remembered I had done this to us before and hated that she fell for it again and that my old ass didn't remember the last time.

So she laid in bed listening to ambient noise and I sat and stared my dog staring at me, thinking I was weird and listened to theatrical soundtracks.

I don't take any pills, but I've taken Xanax (not subscribed) previously and CBD has the same effect without the physical effects for me.
Yeah I don't want to take the anxiety pills. The antidepressants is whatever, I get it. But both give me a side effect that is counterproductive to our situation of trying for a baby.

Just too many pills, I hate it.

Well not too many but like 5 different pills, 2 of them being in the vitamin/multivitamin category is enough to make me feel like I'm a pill popper.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Ah edibles, the wife and I were at our place in Seattle a few months back and ate one and I convinced both of us that it wasn't working as we had it for a year in a sealed pack and 20mins into eating one I had her eat another one but we split the second one. So 40mins she was tripping balls and remembered I had done this to us before and hated that she fell for it again and that my old ass didn't remember the last time.

So she laid in bed listening to ambient noise and I sat and stared my dog staring at me, thinking I was weird and listened to theatrical soundtracks.

Yeah I don't want to take the anxiety pills. The antidepressants is whatever, I get it. But both give me a side effect that is counterproductive to our situation of trying for a baby.

Just too many pills, I hate it.

Well not too many but like 5 different pills, 2 of them being in the vitamin/multivitamin category is enough to make me feel like I'm a pill popper.
What colour was the dragon? :laugh:

• Haha

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
What colour was the dragon? :laugh:

There was a moment where I felt like I could go back in time and live in previous moments but then I realized my mind was trying to make the powers in About Time manifest in me.

I was legit thinking like oh if I went in my closet and just closed my eyes and thought about this moment, I could open the door and voila, nah, just opened the door and saw Turbo tilt her head at me like wtf?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There was a moment where I felt like I could go back in time and live in previous moments but then I realized my mind was trying to make the powers in About Time manifest in me.

I was legit thinking like oh if I went in my closet and just closed my eyes and thought about this moment, I could open the door and voila, nah, just opened the door and saw Turbo tilt her head at me like wtf?
I really do wonder sometimes what dogs think when their owners start acting stupid.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I really do wonder sometimes what dogs think when their owners start acting stupid.
Turbo has a very expressive face, like my wife does hybrid and goes in to work on Monday's and Wednesday's so she's usually stuck with me all day, not her favorite, so she'll mope around and then get super attached and want to sit on my lap and sleep on my arm while I am working so then I can't move my left arm and then the farts start and she can clear a room. But when my wife comes home, she has this cheeky smirk like "haha, f*** you she's all mine and I get the attention" while my wife cuddles with her on the sofa as I sit there watching both of them in disgust.

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Turbo has a very expressive face, like my wife does hybrid and goes in to work on Monday's and Wednesday's so she's usually stuck with me all day, not her favorite, so she'll mope around and then get super attached and want to sit on my lap and sleep on my arm while I am working so then I can't move my left arm and then the farts start and she can clear a room. But when my wife comes home, she has this cheeky smirk like "haha, f*** you she's all mine and I get the attention" while my wife cuddles with her on the sofa as I sit there watching both of them in disgust.
Dog definitely bound with 1 person for sure. My dog has always been mine, but when my ex left she got super super clingy. Wouldnt sleep unless she was in my bed, which I never allowed before and had to literally be on top of me. She'd wake up in a panic if she couldnt feel me close to her in the middle of the night. Which would be fine if she wasnt an 80lb German Shepherd. Shes now close to my sister and her kids, but when I am not at work she is by my side 99% of the time. Even when I am sleeping during the day to work nights she doesnt like leaving my side and some days wont.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Dog definitely bound with 1 person for sure. My dog has always been mine, but when my ex left she got super super clingy. Wouldnt sleep unless she was in my bed, which I never allowed before and had to literally be on top of me. She'd wake up in a panic if she couldnt feel me close to her in the middle of the night. Which would be fine if she wasnt an 80lb German Shepherd. Shes now close to my sister and her kids, but when I am not at work she is by my side 99% of the time. Even when I am sleeping during the day to work nights she doesnt like leaving my side and some days wont.
When we rescued her, my Wife was WFH full time so she spent every day with Turbo when I had to go into the office a few times for some meetings that work deemed essential as due to the nature of the meetings and they wanted me in a "secure location" as to adhere to the integrity. But that was like 3 days, it doesn't take long.

It also didn't help that the abusive home she was abandoned from, I was told the male in the family abused her and she was quick to warm up to women. So it's been a constant battle with me trying to get her to open up to me, she's come a very long way in a year and a bit. She has her odd quirks she has with me vs what she does with my Wife. She will always run up to me and sit in front of me when she has to go out, will nose and bump me with her nose on my foot or leg to get pets or a treat.

We got her to sit, shake a paw, and ease up on her boundaries as she didn't like being cuddled, but now she's better about it. GS's are awesome, very protective and also such goofballs. Have you had her since she was a pup or was she a rescue as well? Most are great with kids, haven't had any issues with GS's in the past with nieces and nephews.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
When we rescued her, my Wife was WFH full time so she spent every day with Turbo when I had to go into the office a few times for some meetings that work deemed essential as due to the nature of the meetings and they wanted me in a "secure location" as to adhere to the integrity. But that was like 3 days, it doesn't take long.

It also didn't help that the abusive home she was abandoned from, I was told the male in the family abused her and she was quick to warm up to women. So it's been a constant battle with me trying to get her to open up to me, she's come a very long way in a year and a bit. She has her odd quirks she has with me vs what she does with my Wife. She will always run up to me and sit in front of me when she has to go out, will nose and bump me with her nose on my foot or leg to get pets or a treat.

We got her to sit, shake a paw, and ease up on her boundaries as she didn't like being cuddled, but now she's better about it. GS's are awesome, very protective and also such goofballs. Have you had her since she was a pup or was she a rescue as well? Most are great with kids, haven't had any issues with GS's in the past with nieces and nephews.
I wanted to rescue one, but my ex never had pets growing up. She wanted one from a puppy to grow with. Ive had my GS for almost 8 years now and it freaks me out that shes starting to slow down. With everything Ive been through the last 6 years she has been my rock. Dont want to imagine or have to consider life past her. She absolutely adores kids. Scares parents when a big pure black shepherd starts running up to them. She is fiercely loyal, its really incredible to see actually. Ive spent many days in backcountry with her and never really worried about it. She was bred for tracking and rarely gets taken off guard by wildlife. Shes stood her ground against grizzlies and male moose on different occasions.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Add me to the list of people who love German Shepards. I grew up with them in the past, my old dog Sasha was such a friendly and gentle dog and my current dog (my parent's dog rather) Arya is a bit of a nutjob but very loving towards me. I don't have a German Shepard now, but I've inquired about adopting cat friendly German Shepards in the past.

I think I've posted them here before, but I have 3 cats and a dog and all of them were rescues. I highly recommend adopting a pet from a rescue over adopting a puppy for a myriad of reasons. All of my pets are ultra clingy and loving towards me because of how well I treat them, and they've become very friendly towards anyone who interacts with them in part due to that. Or at least I tell myself that :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I love puppies, happy I was able to raise my sheppy from that stage. Only thing I will never miss is the teething. My hands bled for weeks. Even when she wasnt deliberately biting at you her baby teeth would still serrate your skin. But those floppy ears.... :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad