OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

I simply can't get over how great this song is... :amazed: :yo: :yo: :amazed: :amazed:

Dave Mustaine's drug-fueled vocals and insanely furious shredding guitar work are amazing here. :amazed: :amazed:

And I love that mini snare-roll Chuck Behler does right at 3:53. It sounds like a f***ing machine gun going off. :) :yo:

BEWARE MY FRIENDS AS YOU PASS BY!!! :yo: :yo:

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Has anyone else just started getting this message on HF Boards?

It looks like you're using an adblocker.​

Help us keep the content you love flowing. Please whitelist us!
Disable my adblockerContinue without disabling
I just ignore it, like that cookies bullshit. Bunch of wankers being a nuisance when all we want to do is shit post about the Pens and random bs.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Also, the album art in your avatar there was the very first cassette I ever bought.

I was 6 :laugh: @Jaded-Fan

99 Ways To Diiiiiiiiiieeeee :yo:
Ooooh this should be fun.

So that was the first tape you bought?

Mine is a 4 for the first. I saw a deal to buy 4 cassettes for some deal thing so in 1986 I bought:

Master of Puppets - Metallica
Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys
The Works - Queen
No Jacket Required - Phil Collins

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I would have been 12 so I doubt it's the first, but the first I remember choosing and buying myself

LTUyOTQucG5n.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I would have been 12 so I doubt it's the first, but the first I remember choosing and buying myself

LTUyOTQucG5n.jpeg
Lol I mean that wasn't a bad album. Some movie albums around that time were, as the youts would say, "lit."

Like Batman Forever was a trash movie but that album was fantastic. Michael Hutchence's cover of Passenger is far superior to the original.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol I mean that wasn't a bad album. Some movie albums around that time were, as the youts would say, "lit."

Like Batman Forever was a trash movie but that album was fantastic. Michael Hutchence's cover of Passenger is far superior to the original.
Batman forevers soundtrack was my first cd :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
My wife - "Why did they linger on that doctor in the finale?"

Me knowing that's the undoing of Joel just telling her it was artistic license to not break her heart that Joel won't survive half of season 2 unless they change the biggest part of Last of us 2 - the game. I was playing both games again and thankfully she wasn't around when Joel gets f***ed up with a golf club.

Also looking forward to who they cast as Jacked AF Abby.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I think the first album I ever bought for myself was probably the Black Album on cassette. The first CD I ever bought was Stone Temple Pilots.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
First cassette I bought was "Licensed To Ill". Can't remember what the first CD I bought was. Might have been "Ten" or "The Wall".

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Shit, I know I still have stuff on f***ing cassette back at my mother's place.

A few original version Megadeth albums (before the 2004 CD remasterings butchered and subsequently replaced the original versions), "Beneath The Remains" by Sepultura for sure, and probably some Alice Cooper and Obituary tapes IIRC,

Kids today: What's a cassette? :huh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My first three cassettes were : Jesus Lizard "Liar", Sonic Youth "Daydream Nation" and Nirvana, "In Utero", so I guess we all know what I was going to turn out like.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just watched Before Midnight. All three movies in the series are great, but this one is a tough hang. Kinda bummed they didn't make one in 2022, but probably best to let it lie if they didn't have a great idea.

Reactions: Gurglesons

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Few days ago at 3AM I was taking a leak and heard a loud BANG and there was a car completly smashed up coming down the stairs to my house all hooked on the metal rail outside. The minivan that put him there fled off like a bitch. That car was completly f***ed up and the railing where the sidewalk to the yard is bent...took the toe truck a while to get the car out. The driver was ok, shaken up a lot so I gave him some water but the 911 operator said don't incase internal damage so he gave it back.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
As I typed that a car keeps coming into my driveway and people keep opening and shutting the car door and fleeing off when we come out. Literally everything happens at this house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad