HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
thats a huge area they are going to reshape not sure how it will solve filling it up since premium seats are too expensive as is

Premium seats are expensive, but we live in the right market for it. The word from this past season was the lower bowl club seats were mostly full of season ticket holders. I think replacing suites is a good idea. Suites require a large group commitment whereas a club like this allows much smaller groups to buy in. And they are offering a variety of seating experiences to match different budgets and customer needs. They also just added that Prudential Lounge, so I think premium seating in this market is much more in demand than others.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Premium seats are expensive, but we live in the right market for it. The word from this past season was the lower bowl club seats were mostly full of season ticket holders. I think replacing suites is a good idea. Suites require a large group commitment whereas a club like this allows much smaller groups to buy in. And they are offering a variety of seating experiences to match different budgets and customer needs. They also just added that Prudential Lounge, so I think premium seating in this market is much more in demand than others.
Red Bulls sent out a survey indicating they’re doing the same thing soon.

I wonder if there was some industry analysis that they’re both following suggesting this is a good path forward. On some level, offering many different types of offerings allows people to select ones that match best for what they want.

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Red Bulls sent out a survey indicating they’re doing the same thing soon.

I wonder if there was some industry analysis that they’re both following suggesting this is a good path forward. On some level, offering many different types of offerings allows people to select ones that match best for what they want.

Wonder how much they use the surveys they sent out cause I put I wouldn't be interested in any of them lol

The Devils also sent out a survey about the current team, the reps and other questions and I fully admit I wasn't kind to any of them.

Reactions: JMadden11

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
If anyone with seasons tickets doesn't plan on being able to attend the Devils Prospect Camp 3 on 3 Tournament or the 5 on 5 scrimmage I will be interested in the tickets. Willing to pay for them if you don't want to unload them for free. I've gone every year since it started without ever having season tickets and would like to keep the tradition going of possible.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Voicemail transcription didn't quite get it right. :oops::laugh:

1718661616080.png

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
If anyone with seasons tickets doesn't plan on being able to attend the Devils Prospect Camp 3 on 3 Tournament or the 5 on 5 scrimmage I will be interested in the tickets. Willing to pay for them if you don't want to unload them for free. I've gone every year since it started without ever having season tickets and would like to keep the tradition going of possible.
Did you get tickets?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Did you get tickets?
Unfortunately no one responded and at this point it's too late.

The Development Camp doesn't even have a full ice 5 on 5 scrimmage for the fans this year , just the 3 on 3 tournament today. I would of went to either or though if someone wanted to offload their tickets.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Anyone going to Prague? Arena seems pretty full… though best seats are overpriced and available

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Anyone going to Prague? Arena seems pretty full… though best seats are overpriced and available

I was thinking about it but I have too many other trips this year that I'd rather do and Prague wasn't on a high list of places I wanted to visit, especially to spend 2 nights of the trip watching hockey.

No surprise that it's gonna sellout though. The local fans and others in the surrounding countries get a real NHL game that they don't have to fly across an ocean to see.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I went to the preseason game in Switzerland a few years back and certainly had a fun time, but I also got the sense that the game was really just for the Swiss fans and we happened to be there. Like there were no events or anything directed to Devils fans traveling in. Saying that more as an observation than a complaint, and it's good that they used it to grow the game over there. I just left feeling like it wasn't something that I needed to experience like I did with the MetLife game this year. Maybe it's different for a regular season game that means something.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
So! I have 2x full season tickets. Any tips for first timer STH?

- Befriend your ticket rep. Every once in a while they seem to have seat upgrades to give away.
- Sign up for the Reward Program and be diligent with it if you want to earn enough points to actually get stuff.
- Use the Ticket Swap to trade in games you can't attend for ones you can. I usually use mine to get extra seats for when family are in town. Or you can trade multiple tickets for 1 ticket in nicer seats.
- As stated above, the Buy Back Program is also good for games you can't make, but only provides credit towards next season's renewal.
- Find a free or cheap place to park.
- Find a place to eat at regularly before games. You'll double your cost if you eat in the arena every game, and until they prove otherwise, the food quality/quantity isn't worth the price.
- Use the Membership entrances to get in when lines are long. Just note that they open this to all fans about 15 minutes prior to game time.
- Figure out who the other STH are around you and make friends. Comes in handy when you need to get a drunk idiot ejected. And it's just nice to know who the regulars are around you.
- Do whatever you want with the Rangers games. You'll make decent money if you sell, but people will give you crap for it. Oh well.

That's pretty much it. They took out so many rewards/benefits over the years that it really comes down to if you like having the same seat to every game, and if the team makes the playoffs because you'll save a ton over full price.

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
- Befriend your ticket rep. Every once in a while they seem to have seat upgrades to give away.
- Sign up for the Reward Program and be diligent with it if you want to earn enough points to actually get stuff.
- Use the Ticket Swap to trade in games you can't attend for ones you can. I usually use mine to get extra seats for when family are in town. Or you can trade multiple tickets for 1 ticket in nicer seats.
- As stated above, the Buy Back Program is also good for games you can't make, but only provides credit towards next season's renewal.
- Find a free or cheap place to park.
- Find a place to eat at regularly before games. You'll double your cost if you eat in the arena every game, and until they prove otherwise, the food quality/quantity isn't worth the price.
- Use the Membership entrances to get in when lines are long. Just note that they open this to all fans about 15 minutes prior to game time.
- Figure out who the other STH are around you and make friends. Comes in handy when you need to get a drunk idiot ejected. And it's just nice to know who the regulars are around you.
- Do whatever you want with the Rangers games. You'll make decent money if you sell, but people will give you crap for it. Oh well.

That's pretty much it. They took out so many rewards/benefits over the years that it really comes down to if you like having the same seat to every game, and if the team makes the playoffs because you'll save a ton over full price.
Wonderful! That! Need to get up to speed with the rewards.

The tix are actually in mt GFs name and the rep is a lady too so crossing my fingers that some kind of a female connection happens and we get some perks out of the rep :laugh:

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So! I have 2x full season tickets. Any tips for first timer STH?

Colin already covered a ton of great things but to expand to some of his...

Another benefit of befriending the other season ticket holders around you is that if you can't make some games you can sell them to them and bypass the ticket exchange or wasting a buyback or trade in. Also helps if you need extra tickets.

In terms of saving money I also use buybacks on higher tiered priced games instead of some of the games that are lower tiered prices that people aren't interested. Also absolutely don't waste them on preseason games. You're better off just eating those games unless you plan on attending every single game.

Like Colin said this one is more controversial in some parts of the fan base but I either sell or use the buybacks for regular season games vs the Rangers unless I absolutely feel like spending a ton of money. I use to always go but then they switched to this tier system and priced the games so high that I just can't justify it. Hell last season was so expensive that I couldn't even sell my tickets for these games at face value so I used buybacks on them. I also didn't want to go because I attended and spent a lot on all 4 playoff games vs them. I would never sell a playoff game vs them.

The cost of 2 regular season games vs them literally paid for half of a full season for 1 of my seats. That's just insane. I justify it because if we actually make the playoffs and go on a long run the playoffs cost just as much as an entire regular season. For me, anyone who bitches and moans about Devils season ticket holders selling or using buybacks on those games can blame the Devils because the prices are ridiculous and unless you're paying for me to go you can f*** off.

Lastly I simply don't eat or drink at the arena. I know this isn't a possibility for everyone but I just eat before I leave or when I get home. The food is straight up garbage for how expensive it is and I refuse to spend money on it until they adopt fan friendly concession stand pricing.

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Colin already covered a ton of great things but to expand to some of his...

Another benefit of befriending the other season ticket holders around you is that if you can't make some games you can sell them to them and bypass the ticket exchange or wasting a buyback or trade in. Also helps if you need extra tickets.

In terms of saving money I also use buybacks on higher tiered priced games instead of some of the games that are lower tiered prices that people aren't interested. Also absolutely don't waste them on preseason games. You're better off just eating those games unless you plan on attending every single game.

Like Colin said this one is more controversial in some parts of the fan base but I either sell or use the buybacks for regular season games vs the Rangers unless I absolutely feel like spending a ton of money. I use to always go but then they switched to this tier system and priced the games so high that I just can't justify it. Hell last season was so expensive that I couldn't even sell my tickets for these games at face value so I used buybacks on them. I also didn't want to go because I attended and spent a lot on all 4 playoff games vs them. I would never sell a playoff game vs them.

The cost of 2 regular season games vs them literally paid for half of a full season for 1 of my seats. That's just insane. I justify it because if we actually make the playoffs and go on a long run the playoffs cost just as much as an entire regular season. For me, anyone who bitches and moans about Devils season ticket holders selling or using buybacks on those games can blame the Devils because the prices are ridiculous and unless you're paying for me to go you can f*** off.

Lastly I simply don't eat or drink at the arena. I know this isn't a possibility for everyone but I just eat before I leave or when I get home. The food is straight up garbage for how expensive it is and I refuse to spend money on it until they adopt fan friendly concession stand pricing.
Thanks! I am going to stay in USA for two years so might go to the Rangers games since there arent that many of them and the atmosphere is unique. I did pay 450 for the g7 seats last year, best game i ever went to lol.

Anyways, whats the ticket tiering and how does that impact me? Could you give a numerical example?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Thanks! I am going to stay in USA for two years so might go to the Rangers games since there arent that many of them and the atmosphere is unique. I did pay 450 for the g7 seats last year, best game i ever went to lol.

Anyways, whats the ticket tiering and how does that impact me? Could you give a numerical example?

In your scenario it absolutely makes sense to attend the Rangers games. The atmosphere is definitely intense.

It depends where you're sitting for the exact prices and I forgot what each
tier price is exactly so I'll just use examples for what the list was last season. So like Tier P could be $200 cause it's the Rangers where tier F can be like $30 cause it's against least desirable teams and dates and the other tiers in between will be like say $100 / $80 / $60 etc. When the tickets get loaded into your account you can click on ticket details and it will show the price per game.

GAME TIERS​

Tier P​

DateOpponent
Sat, Nov 18, 2023New York Rangers*
Thu, Feb 22, 2024New York Rangers*

Tier A​

DateOpponent
Sat, Dec 23, 2023Detroit Red Wings*

Tier B​

DateOpponent
Thu, Oct 12, 2023Detroit Red Wings*
Sat, Nov 25, 2023Buffalo Sabres*
Wed, Dec 13, 2023Boston Bruins*
Sat, Jan 20, 2024Dallas Stars*
Sat, Mar 9, 2024Carolina Hurricanes*

Tier C​

DateOpponent
Fri, Nov 10, 2023Washington Capitals
Fri, Nov 24, 2023Columbus Blue Jackets
Wed, Dec 27, 2023Columbus Blue Jackets
Fri, Jan 5, 2024Chicago Blackhawks
Sat, Jan 6, 2024Vancouver Canucks
Sat, Feb 24, 2024Montreal Canadiens
Sat, Mar 23, 2024Ottawa Senators

Tier D​

DateOpponent
Fri, Oct 13, 2023Arizona Coyotes
Tue, Nov 28, 2023New York Islanders
Fri, Dec 1, 2023San Jose Sharks
Tue, Feb 6, 2024Colorado Avalanche
Sun, Feb 25, 2024Tampa Bay Lightning
Tue, Mar 19, 2024Pittsburgh Penguins
Tue, Apr 2, 2024Pittsburgh Penguins
Sun, Apr 7, 2024Nashville Predators
Mon, Apr 15, 2024New York Islanders

Tier E​

DateOpponent
Fri, Oct 27, 2023Buffalo Sabres
Sun, Dec 17, 2023Anaheim Ducks
Thu, Dec 21, 2023Edmonton Oilers
Wed, Jan 17, 2024Montreal Canadiens
Mon, Jan 22, 2024Vegas Golden Knights
Mon, Feb 12, 2024Seattle Kraken
Thu, Feb 15, 2024Los Angeles Kings
Tue, Apr 9, 2024Toronto Maple Leafs

Tier F​

DateOpponent
Mon, Oct 16, 2023Florida Panthers
Wed, Oct 25, 2023Washington Capitals
Sun, Oct 29, 2023Minnesota Wild
Tue, Dec 19, 2023Philadelphia Flyers
Thu, Feb 8, 2024Calgary Flames
Sat, Feb 17, 2024Philadelphia Flyers
Tue, Mar 5, 2024Florida Panthers
Thu, Mar 7, 2024St. Louis Blues
Thu, Mar 21, 2024Winnipeg Jets
* You are able to swap out of Tier P, Tier A, and Tier B games, but unable to swap into these games.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

How are you going to return to Finland after the two years are up? You will weigh 300 pounds from eating all the fried food and drinking bourbon with every meal. You won’t fit on the plane.

• Haha
Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
In your scenario it absolutely makes sense to attend the Rangers games. The atmosphere is definitely intense.

It depends where you're sitting for the exact prices and I forgot what each
tier price is exactly so I'll just use examples for what the list was last season. So like Tier P could be $200 cause it's the Rangers where tier F can be like $30 cause it's against least desirable teams and dates and the other tiers in between will be like say $100 / $80 / $60 etc. When the tickets get loaded into your account you can click on ticket details and it will show the price per game.

GAME TIERS​

Tier P​

DateOpponent
Sat, Nov 18, 2023New York Rangers*
Thu, Feb 22, 2024New York Rangers*

Tier A​

DateOpponent
Sat, Dec 23, 2023Detroit Red Wings*

Tier B​

DateOpponent
Thu, Oct 12, 2023Detroit Red Wings*
Sat, Nov 25, 2023Buffalo Sabres*
Wed, Dec 13, 2023Boston Bruins*
Sat, Jan 20, 2024Dallas Stars*
Sat, Mar 9, 2024Carolina Hurricanes*

Tier C​

DateOpponent
Fri, Nov 10, 2023Washington Capitals
Fri, Nov 24, 2023Columbus Blue Jackets
Wed, Dec 27, 2023Columbus Blue Jackets
Fri, Jan 5, 2024Chicago Blackhawks
Sat, Jan 6, 2024Vancouver Canucks
Sat, Feb 24, 2024Montreal Canadiens
Sat, Mar 23, 2024Ottawa Senators

Tier D​

DateOpponent
Fri, Oct 13, 2023Arizona Coyotes
Tue, Nov 28, 2023New York Islanders
Fri, Dec 1, 2023San Jose Sharks
Tue, Feb 6, 2024Colorado Avalanche
Sun, Feb 25, 2024Tampa Bay Lightning
Tue, Mar 19, 2024Pittsburgh Penguins
Tue, Apr 2, 2024Pittsburgh Penguins
Sun, Apr 7, 2024Nashville Predators
Mon, Apr 15, 2024New York Islanders

Tier E​

DateOpponent
Fri, Oct 27, 2023Buffalo Sabres
Sun, Dec 17, 2023Anaheim Ducks
Thu, Dec 21, 2023Edmonton Oilers
Wed, Jan 17, 2024Montreal Canadiens
Mon, Jan 22, 2024Vegas Golden Knights
Mon, Feb 12, 2024Seattle Kraken
Thu, Feb 15, 2024Los Angeles Kings
Tue, Apr 9, 2024Toronto Maple Leafs

Tier F​

DateOpponent
Mon, Oct 16, 2023Florida Panthers
Wed, Oct 25, 2023Washington Capitals
Sun, Oct 29, 2023Minnesota Wild
Tue, Dec 19, 2023Philadelphia Flyers
Thu, Feb 8, 2024Calgary Flames
Sat, Feb 17, 2024Philadelphia Flyers
Tue, Mar 5, 2024Florida Panthers
Thu, Mar 7, 2024St. Louis Blues
Thu, Mar 21, 2024Winnipeg Jets
* You are able to swap out of Tier P, Tier A, and Tier B games, but unable to swap into these games.
I see so basically my annual season ticket cost is divided between these games, i.e. face value per game, and that then defines the basis for refunds, swaps etc

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad