HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
For the game on Saturday the team was selling section 212 for $119 a ticket and they recently dynamically priced them down now to $109. You can snag a resale seat in that section for somewhere in the $40's right now. Saturday is probably the most mispriced game of the season by the front office.

If you want fans to buy early they need to feel like they're getting a deal and not squeezed for every penny, fans will wait and their interest in attending the event will dwindle. No one was ever going to pay over $100 a seat for a regular season non Rangers game to sit in the 200 level....

I sold this game and if didn't sell I was gonna use a buyback cause the face value for this game is ridiculous. I can't justify the cost of it when the game had a face value over $100. It's Detroit, no giveaways, nothing, it's literally just the game before Xmas Eve and driving usually sucks with everyone out and about driving, especially on a Saturday so I'm perfectly fine with watching this one from home.

It's ridiculous that if I just even use a buyback on this game and the 2 Rangers games that it literally pays for almost half the cost of a full season for 1 of my seats.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I sold this game and if didn't sell I was gonna use a buyback cause the face value for this game is ridiculous. I can't justify the cost of it when the game had a face value over $100. It's Detroit, no giveaways, nothing, it's literally just the game before Xmas Eve and driving usually sucks with everyone out and about driving, especially on a Saturday so I'm perfectly fine with watching this one from home.

It's ridiculous that if I just even use a buyback on this game and the 2 Rangers games that it literally pays for almost half the cost of a full season for 1 of my seats.
You’re tempting me with this but I tend to use buybacks on the early season non popular games and midwinter games that are less likely to sell and might have bad weather incoming a few days in advance. Plus I already can’t go tonight anyway.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Speaking on lack of demand for tomorrow's game... the team thought this game would be so popular that they wouldn't even let you use the ticket swap program for it. Then, they didn't make any tickets available in the rewards app until earlier this week, but it was like 10,000 points for two 100-level seats. Then, they reduced it to 5,500 points. And now those seats are 2,750. Seats in the 200-level are now 1,500 a pair. So basically they tried to price it like a playoff game, and now can't even give them away.

On the one hand, I totally get wanting to maximize revenue. It's a business. And this game likely does sell out at high prices if the team was dominating or on a win streak. That said, I've also been very annoyed at the continued reduction in season ticket benefits. The rewards program was great last year, but now they've reduced the points you earn for activities and inflated the values of items you can redeem for (especially tickets).

With renewals coming up soon, I'm very curious to see what our price increases will look like. The team is struggling right now, but could easily have a great bounce back later this season and/or next season.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Speaking on lack of demand for tomorrow's game... the team thought this game would be so popular that they wouldn't even let you use the ticket swap program for it. Then, they didn't make any tickets available in the rewards app until earlier this week, but it was like 10,000 points for two 100-level seats. Then, they reduced it to 5,500 points. And now those seats are 2,750. Seats in the 200-level are now 1,500 a pair. So basically they tried to price it like a playoff game, and now can't even give them away.

On the one hand, I totally get wanting to maximize revenue. It's a business. And this game likely does sell out at high prices if the team was dominating or on a win streak. That said, I've also been very annoyed at the continued reduction in season ticket benefits. The rewards program was great last year, but now they've reduced the points you earn for activities and inflated the values of items you can redeem for (especially tickets).

With renewals coming up soon, I'm very curious to see what our price increases will look like. The team is struggling right now, but could easily have a great bounce back later this season and/or next season.

In terms of renewals I wish there was a rule in place for all sports teams that they aren't allowed to raise prices more than something like 1% if they don't make the playoffs or get bounced early. The crowds have been pretty great this year though so I'm expecting a price raise too. They really have to be careful about not pricing people out though.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This might be a silly question but when I was at a game last year I couldn’t find the entrance to the team store from inside the arena.

I’ll be at the game tonight. Where is the entrance? The only one I saw before was outside the building.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This might be a silly question but when I was at a game last year I couldn’t find the entrance to the team store from inside the arena.

I’ll be at the game tonight. Where is the entrance? The only one I saw before was outside the building.
Go down the escalator in the tower that's adjacent to the box office and go through the box office to the team store entrance. There's an attendant who will give you a stamp that allows you to have re-entry to the arena through the box office once you leave the store.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
If anyone has the experience to answer this question . . . . want to take the hockey ambivalent wife to a game and want to know which is the better experience that has food included:

Restaurant Ledge or Lofts?

Any insight appreciated. Thx!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If anyone has the experience to answer this question . . . . want to take the hockey ambivalent wife to a game and want to know which is the better experience that has food included:

Since she doesn't care about the game I would say the restaurant ledge seats, that way she can eat the whole game and you can still watch the whole game since I think it has the best combo of eating/watching the whole game since your seat is a chair at a table that you can eat the whole game.

I haven't sat in the lofts but from what I've seen besides the loft tables you would have to eat on your lap at your seat and the loft tables don't look as comfortable to me as the restaurant ledge seats.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
How about club seats? She gets the food, but also great seats. Maybe that will get her hooked on the action. That’s the real goal here!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
How about club seats? She gets the food, but also great seats. Maybe that will get her hooked on the action. That’s the real goal here!

I thought the food was absolutely mediocre in the club seats, I've found the restaurant ledge has much better food. I can't speak personally for the lofts but I've seen others say the same thing that it's better than the clubs.

I get your point about sitting closer but I do think front row of the restaurant ledge still gives a great view of the game to me to get someone hooked if they are semi interested.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
When were you in club? It’s improved a lot over the last month or two. Not perfect, but has gotten better…

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

1. M Lounge
____
2. Lofts
3. Club
4. Restaurant Ledge

If you value food over atmosphere, Restaurant Ledge is over the Club.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I thought the food was absolutely mediocre in the club seats, I've found the restaurant ledge has much better food. I can't speak personally for the lofts but I've seen others say the same thing that it's better than the clubs.

I get your point about sitting closer but I do think front row of the restaurant ledge still gives a great view of the game to me to get someone hooked if they are semi interested.

i agree with this i haven't been in the clubs for like maybe 2 years but last time i was it was absolutely the worst. my choice would be restaurant then lofts but either are way better then the clubs.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
LOL! Was checking out tickets for Calgary on Feb 8 and came across this on StubHub. $508. Each. In 230. WTF? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1704410697000.png
1704410806971.png

• Haha
Reactions: Louskoolaid89

meeks

Mar 23, 2023

What season ticket benefits? They are basically non-existent now. If this keeps up, I'm dropping at least two of my seats if not all. It truly sucks as I don't want to do it but at some point I have to give in to the fact it's cheaper to pick up tickets last minute. It's going to hit the org hard at I know many who are thinking the same.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What season ticket benefits? They are basically non-existent now. If this keeps up, I'm dropping at least two of my seats if not all. It truly sucks as I don't want to do it but at some point I have to give in to the fact it's cheaper to pick up tickets last minute. It's going to hit the org hard at I know many who are thinking the same.
I mean we hear that every year but they're in the middle of their best ticket-selling year by far in the last decade plus, not counting the stupidly short 2013 season after the EC title.

Yeah the regular season benefits are crap apart from the trade-in which is really just a little less of a markup on next year's tickets, but they're not going to have THAT many optouts assuming the team doesn't completely crap the bed. You don't want to be on the outside looking in for playoff tickets the next decade paying markup prices, which is really the main benefit of season tickets for Devil teams historically tbh.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Go! Go! Curry! America | Japanese Comfort Food | Serving Tasty Curry Worldwide

Quick plug for Go!Go! Curry!, which is a restaurant located very close to the arena at 1 William Street (sort of across from the Courtyard Marriott and just off of Broad Street). It’s definitely a tough location for them given they are on the opposite side of the arena from where the train station is, but I actually park near here when I drive in.

It’s basically Japanese style curry with katsu (panko breaded and deep fried) chicken, pork, or fish on top of rice. They fry everything to order and it’s definitely not greasy. They also have a bunch of sides and toppings you can order to go with it. This was my first time trying Japanese curry and it was really good! Definitely a different take on curry than Indian or Thai food. The lady working there described it as Japanese comfort food, and it was perfect for a cold night. See below for a photo of what I got.

They’re open until 6pm Monday to Thursday and 8pm Friday to Sunday.

IMG_6794.jpeg

(Miso soup, 5 shrimp gyoza, and their “Home Run” plate of chicken katsu, shrimp tempura, sausage, curry sauce, rice, egg, and cabbage.)

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Go! Go! Curry! America | Japanese Comfort Food | Serving Tasty Curry Worldwide

Quick plug for Go!Go! Curry!, which is a restaurant located very close to the arena at 1 William Street (sort of across from the Courtyard Marriott and just off of Broad Street). It’s definitely a tough location for them given they are on the opposite side of the arena from where the train station is, but I actually park near here when I drive in.

It’s basically Japanese style curry with katsu (panko breaded and deep fried) chicken, pork, or fish on top of rice. They fry everything to order and it’s definitely not greasy. They also have a bunch of sides and toppings you can order to go with it. This was my first time trying Japanese curry and it was really good! Definitely a different take on curry than Indian or Thai food. The lady working there described it as Japanese comfort food, and it was perfect for a cold night. See below for a photo of what I got.

They’re open until 6pm Monday to Thursday and 8pm Friday to Sunday.

View attachment 797067

(Miso soup, 5 shrimp gyoza, and their “Home Run” plate of chicken katsu, shrimp tempura, sausage, curry sauce, rice, egg, and cabbage.)

Looks good, I've never even seen this place so definitely a tough location. Was it crowded at all? Might check it out at some point.

Reactions: Colin226

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Looks good, I've never even seen this place so definitely a tough location. Was it crowded at all? Might check it out at some point.
I'm too cheep to pay for parking other than next to Hobby's. $15 and this place in on my walk to the arena. Unfortunately I'm on a strick diet but, that above looked tempting and that's deffenilty a great alternative to what is inside the arena to eat. Only think I slightly feel I'm missing out on is pizza but, that is what got me an ulcer. Pizza and black coffee for breakfast lol. Had to trade that in for cottage cheese and a banana.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

It was fairly empty when I went, which was like 6:45pm. 2 guys were eating but finished up while I was there, and 2 other people walked in while I was leaving. Location definitely isn't helping business, so I figured I would share my experience in the hopes other people check it out.

Speaking of that side of the arena, the giant apartment towers going up near the corner of Branford and Washington look huge! I noticed several other formerly abandoned buildings in the area have been leveled. Looks like it's a target for further gentrification of downtown Newark. Putting in the charter school and brightening up the street lights was a nice start. Luxury apartments and new shops/restaurants seem part of the domino affect over there. Only downside is the free/cheap parking over there will soon be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad