HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It was fairly empty when I went, which was like 6:45pm. 2 guys were eating but finished up while I was there, and 2 other people walked in while I was leaving. Location definitely isn't helping business, so I figured I would share my experience in the hopes other people check it out.

Speaking of that side of the arena, the giant apartment towers going up near the corner of Branford and Washington look huge! I noticed several other formerly abandoned buildings in the area have been leveled. Looks like it's a target for further gentrification of downtown Newark. Putting in the charter school and brightening up the street lights was a nice start. Luxury apartments and new shops/restaurants seem part of the domino affect over there. Only downside is the free/cheap parking over there will soon be gone!
I was going to go last game but ended up at the little pizza place attached to the main parking lot.

I’ll get there soon though.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I was going to go last game but ended up at the little pizza place attached to the main parking lot.

I’ll get there soon though.

Are you talking about Ellie's Bistro on Green Street? If so, that place is definitely awesome! Only issue I've encountered is trying to get a table close to game time. Though that may have also been due to it being a playoff game this past season. But yeah excellent food, atmosphere, and location.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Are you talking about Ellie's Bistro on Green Street? If so, that place is definitely awesome! Only issue I've encountered is trying to get a table close to game time. Though that may have also been due to it being a playoff game this past season. But yeah excellent food, atmosphere, and location.
Yup, that’s the place.

We park in the Green Street garage so if we are trying to grab a bit of food we usually wander by there first to see if there is a table or bar seat open. It’s hit or miss if we can sit since it’s popular but that night we grabbed 2 bar seats.

My Dad and I each grab a beer and split a pizza. Food is good, comes out quickly, and then we are on our way into the arena.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I stopped in there earlier this season for the first time - solid place. Nice little joint right by the arena, had no trouble getting seating (though I like to get in early) and the food came out fast and was good. Bonus points for having River Horse Tripel Horse on tap - one of my favorite beers...a nice 10%'er to get you going for the game.

I do miss Hell's Kitchen as that used to be my go-to spot. Last season I went to Burke's Tavern which took over the location, but was not impressed. I liked that they added windows to the place (particularly since I was there for an afternoon game), but wasn't a fan of the menu. My son's and I were the only ones in there until we were about to leave for the game. I've gone to Bello's a few times since which has been solid and worked Ellie's into the rotation as well.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I know off topic and out of the blue but last game I went to ( i don't go often) i gotta give the devils credit seems like the terrace tables have more privacy added to them. I remember years ago it was pretty open people crowding the area.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Since taxes being due is only a few months away I was wondering about the new law trying to be pushed about taxes on selling tickets but thankfully it got postponed again a few months ago. I'm also sure it helps that it's an election year and they don't wanna piss people off since this new bs law really hurts a lot of people...

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Anyone looking for last-minute tickets for tonight ... flight canceled so I can't use my tickets. Offer whatever you can/want to, as I will be donating proceeds to Cycle for Survival in memory of my friend's daughter. Two tickets, section 119 row 4. If you only need one, happy to split them

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
$50 for a commemorative Brylin puck tonight, it looked a bit different than a normal puck bit still, $50. Absolutely ridiculous and of course they never make enough of anything so you have to try to run to every store to find stuff.

I'm going to make a suggestion to my rep that season ticket holders should be offered a pre-order for special merchandise. You can limit it to one per seat but at least that gives season ticket holders a benefit of being guaranteed to get special merch and since they'll have the pre-orders filled out the team will know how many to order and still make a profit. It's a win-win for the team and sths.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I put down thr deposit for 2x season tix for the next season. I wonder how much room there is for negotiation on the ask for the ticket prices? Wonder if the price falls if they miss POs?

Any experiences on this? Sofar my condition to buy the season tickets has been to get a Hat hat :laugh:

If i dont buy the season tix i can just use the deposit for ordinary tix.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I put down thr deposit for 2x season tix for the next season. I wonder how much room there is for negotiation on the ask for the ticket prices? Wonder if the price falls if they miss POs?

Any experiences on this? Sofar my condition to buy the season tickets has been to get a Hat hat :laugh:

If i dont buy the season tix i can just use the deposit for ordinary tix.

I've never heard of anyone being successful at that, I mean, it's certainly worth a try but I doubt they do anything because they know season ticket holders talk to one another so if you get money off and let other sth's know they'll be pissed off and calling their rep about it too.

By all means though it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. They might throw in some other perks but I doubt they do anything money wise.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I've never heard of anyone being successful at that, I mean, it's certainly worth a try but I doubt they do anything because they know season ticket holders talk to one another so if you get money off and let other sth's know they'll be pissed off and calling their rep about it too.

By all means though it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. They might throw in some other perks but I doubt they do anything money wise.
Aight, thanks! What kind of perks have you guys gotten? Just wondering what should i target for. Some food vouchers?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Aight, thanks! What kind of perks have you guys gotten? Just wondering what should i target for. Some food vouchers?

I've gotten food vouchers to eat in the clubs a few times each season, sometimes even the restaurant. I've never asked though, the rep just gives it to me or asks if I want them. I also complain a lot on here about how I'd like to see shit done but I also don't actually harass my rep whatsoever and I'm not a pain in the ass so that might be why I get it too lol I'm sure you could say hey it's *x* birthday is there any chance we can get an upgrade of some nature that they would for you.

I don't do this unless I have a true emergency come up but I've had reps that have given me a buy back last minute even though you're supposed to do them 3 days in advance. I've only had it come up like 2x in all these years but I do find most reps are extremely flexible with things as long as you're not obviously taking advantage of the situation.

Do you have a certain section where you want full season tickets? I highly recommend sitting a few games where you want to sit before committing to the seats so you see how the people are around you.

The community aspect of season tickets is a huge thing for me, I love the people around me and I've made life long friends, some who I've now known for way over a decade that I'll talk to for the rest of our lives, we have a group text to talk about the team, everyone knows everyone's birthdays, we send holiday cards, etc, etc. That's the kind of thing I value over any perks the team can actually give me but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
OK, so where exactly should one stay away from section-wise to avoid Frank the Tank? Looking at going to the Colorado game on the 6th and don't need the aggravation.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
In case any ticket members didn't see the email, they're doing a members-only sale of Stadium Series jersey at the game next week February 6. Email says additional details of the sale will be released later. Also says no Jack Hughes jerseys will be available that day due to supply issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad