HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I get the need for a transition period between food vendors so you can create the menu, teach the staff the menu and do some service training, and update the stalls. What I don't understand is why you had 4 - 5 months to do it and it's not done just over a week before the season... Reading the press release I posted, it sounds like they'll be working on completing renovations throughout the season. Why? Preseason should be your soft launch (not people getting garbage pizza/burgers at full prices) and opening night should be your big showing.

Absolutely agree, besides not having hockey the arena has way less events over the summer in general, that should have been the time to do all of this stuff.

Reactions: Colin226

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
If you are a STH and selected 6 complimentary tickets as your perk, prepare to be disappointed. The Devils reneged on their promise that they would provide comparable seats, and offered only select unappealing weekday games in the 200 level.

Reactions: Section311

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If you are a STH and selected 6 complimentary tickets as your perk, prepare to be disappointed. The Devils reneged on their promise that they would provide comparable seats, and offered only select unappealing weekday games in the 200 level.

1696374478372.png

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Did they actually promise comparable seats? I know, in the past, I could get always get mezzanine seats (even at/near center ice) and often lower level ... and for almost any game. Although it would have been a little more complicated, the codes should have unlocked comparable seats to one's season tickets.

They also lowered the club seat perk option from two games to one (but that was disclosed upfront at renewal).

I think some other perks were reduced/eliminated as well.

The other big change (although one that won't be noticed by first-year sths) is the rewards program. The "cost" (in points) looks like it will be MUCH higher this year, and they are reducing the opportunities to earn points. I would not be surprised if no game tickets (except perhaps premium seats, with very high redemption cost) are offered through the program this year.

If the team performs well again this summer, I would expect the additional-tickets perk to be eliminated entirely for next year. .

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

That's messed up but I can't say I'm surprised. Personally I never pick extra tickets because I would just have to sell them since I have no use for them otherwise.

I went with the sweater cause at least the people I go with would wear them even though I wouldn't and guaranteed giveaways because I hate getting there so early just to get them. It's nice not worrying about running late and missing out on the giveaways.

The Red Bulls took away the guaranteed giveaways option this year and I absolutely hate it.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
FYI— If you are a STH that chose club seats as a perk, prepare to be disappointed.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Posting some screenshots of new and existing concessions with their locations around the arena:
View attachment 748910

They've never been great at updating that site, but I'd still point out:
- Street Taco Cantina was there last year.
- Piez Italian Eatery sounds like they just rebranded the existing pizza/Italian stalls.
- Black Board Burger is a rebrand of the prior burger spots, although the menu preview at least makes it sound like the menu could be a noticeable change.
- Mighty Quinns was there last year.
- Sumo Dog was there last year.

And that's just the stuff labelled "NEW". Btw this is not a knock on you for posting, and I appreciate that you did. It goes back to my point of being frustrated that we're a week away from the big, exciting start to the season and basically they've done nothing all offseason to revamp what is one of the biggest pain points of the fan experience at Devils games. Levy is one of the best, if not the top, arena food vendors out there so I'm confident things will get better over time. They've said changes will drop during the season. I just can't believe they're rolling into the home opener with so much unchanged. I can't figure out what the thought process is there.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
FYI— If you are a STH that chose club seats as a perk, prepare to be disappointed.
I think(?) I chose that as a perk ... my rep said something about expecting an email next week. Guess you got one already?

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Ugh I've been slammed the last few weeks. Would've loved to jump in with you guys on a presale buy

Do you know which side the devils shoot twice at metlife?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Went to the game last night with my older son. He went to go get an Auntie Anne's pretzel during 2nd intermission...said the line was too long, so he pivoted to get a "hot" pretzel instead.

The thing cost $7.50 and was cold, stale and hard. I've had better pretzels out of a stolen shopping cart in the Giants stadium parking lot after taking in a game at Brendan Byrne Arena. I noticed even the popcorn size has seemingly shrunk down versus the cost, which was I believe $8.50.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Went to the game last night with my older son. He went to go get an Auntie Anne's pretzel during 2nd intermission...said the line was too long, so he pivoted to get a "hot" pretzel instead.

The thing cost $7.50 and was cold, stale and hard. I've had better pretzels out of a stolen shopping cart in the Giants stadium parking lot after taking in a game at Brendan Byrne Arena. I noticed even the popcorn size has seemingly shrunk down versus the cost, which was I believe $8.50.
Brings back great memories. Grabbing a bunch for me and my kids for the ride home.

To be fair, when done right, those were great preztels, and the price was negotiable... had to know your vendor, though. The ones who didn't give it enough time sold you a pretzel that was piping hot on the outside and then ice cold when you actually bit into it.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Brings back great memories. Grabbing a bunch for me and my kids for the ride home.

To be fair, when done right, those were great preztels, and the price was negotiable... had to know your vendor, though. The ones who didn't give it enough time sold you a pretzel that was piping hot on the outside and then ice cold when you actually bit into it.
I knew I was at a Giants game when I was a kid when the pretzel was burned black on one side and the interior was frozen solid. Those were the days.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017

School cafeteria food from my youth was better than any food served outside of the "Winners Club" at the old arena. Yeah if something ain't right let em hear it!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ugh I've been slammed the last few weeks. Would've loved to jump in with you guys on a presale buy

Do you know which side the devils shoot twice at metlife?

Nobody seems to know. I even asked my rep and she had no idea either.

It's really something that should have been sorted already and posted before releasing the chart since tickets are on sale.

I went with the right side of the chart cause that's my guess since prudential is the right side or the chart.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017

Don't know if they do anymore but, the sports complex in Philadelphia had the best post event pretzels.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Do you folks think I should wait for the public sale for the outdoor game, or try to buy scalper / ticket broker tickets? Want to get 4 (wife and daughter want to come too), and getting up to NJ costs money - hotel, flight or drive, etc. So these prices are kind of nuts. But I don't want to be so far away that you can't see anything, nor too close that you are blocked too.

edit: my stress over these is that my family is EXTREMELY enthused to go and essentially have it in their heads that we are going! ha

edit 2: Lower level tickets - what row (and higher) would provide reasonably good views? I was about 37 rows up from field at Carter-Finley for the Canes-Caps outdoor game this year and it was fine. Would 20+ be okay at MetLife? The 200 levels are crazy expensive.

Last edited:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
So I just got this email about my club seats incentive....

After a successful offseason, the Devils look ahead to another exciting season on the ice and we look forward to welcoming you back to Prudential Center to be a part of the action.

As we prepare for the start of the 2023-24 season at Prudential Center, we are reaching out to those who selected the “Complimentary Club Tickets” incentive as part of their 2023-24 Black and Red enrollment. Given the significantly increased demand for New Jersey Devils tickets in 2023-24, lower level Club seating availability is at an all-time low. As such, we are excited to instead welcome you to join us in our newly constructed state-of-the-art event-level club, the Prudential Lounge, for an upscale all-inclusive experience during a game this season. Prudential Lounge Club passes for the a game of your choice (based on availability) will be added to your account upon your request fulfillment.

Additionally, to show our appreciation for your understanding, we’d like to offer you an additional bonus incentive selection tied to your 2023-24 Black and Red enrollment, including a new merchandise option.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
They've never been great at updating that site, but I'd still point out:
- Street Taco Cantina was there last year.
- Piez Italian Eatery sounds like they just rebranded the existing pizza/Italian stalls.
- Black Board Burger is a rebrand of the prior burger spots, although the menu preview at least makes it sound like the menu could be a noticeable change.
- Mighty Quinns was there last year.
- Sumo Dog was there last year.

And that's just the stuff labelled "NEW". Btw this is not a knock on you for posting, and I appreciate that you did. It goes back to my point of being frustrated that we're a week away from the big, exciting start to the season and basically they've done nothing all offseason to revamp what is one of the biggest pain points of the fan experience at Devils games. Levy is one of the best, if not the top, arena food vendors out there so I'm confident things will get better over time. They've said changes will drop during the season. I just can't believe they're rolling into the home opener with so much unchanged. I can't figure out what the thought process is there.
As to the bolded, certainly not taken that way and I'm glad you replied with the corrections. I haven't been to the arena much the last few years and definitely was fooled by the out of date "New" labels. I was there for the Wednesday night game, walked the whole place between periods, and didn't see a Mighty Quinn's (although I wasn't specifically looking for it).

Also unimpressed at the lack of urgency or desire to have things up to snuff for the regular season home opener. The only devil's advocate (pardon the pun) take I have is there are only 6-7 home games between the home opener and November 18th, so maybe they're fine rolling it out before we get into the meat of the home schedule.

After a successful offseason, the Devils look ahead to another exciting season on the ice and we look forward to welcoming you back to Prudential Center to be a part of the action.

As we prepare for the start of the 2023-24 season at Prudential Center, we are reaching out to those who selected the “Complimentary Club Tickets” incentive as part of their 2023-24 Black and Red enrollment. Given the significantly increased demand for New Jersey Devils tickets in 2023-24, lower level Club seating availability is at an all-time low. As such, we are excited to instead welcome you to join us in our newly constructed state-of-the-art event-level club, the Prudential Lounge, for an upscale all-inclusive experience during a game this season. Prudential Lounge Club passes for the a game of your choice (based on availability) will be added to your account upon your request fulfillment.

Additionally, to show our appreciation for your understanding, we’d like to offer you an additional bonus incentive selection tied to your 2023-24 Black and Red enrollment, including a new merchandise option.
I guess it's decent they're offering another bonus incentive, but still pretty shoddy handling of this overall. Personally I'd try to haggle for additional lounge access. The free food is the main perk of the club seats for me, I'm otherwise fine with my seats upstairs.

meeks

Mar 23, 2023

Same. I'm a bit disappointed, as they should have planned better. Don't offer something and then renege on it. At the very least offer something unique or of better value as the replacement.

STH 'benefits' are few and far between these days.

Reactions: SETHROLLINS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad