HFBoards is the place to be

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
I thought about If tomorrow HFBoards was all of a sudden extremely less active than it was now , like 500 total posts on the main board and team boards combined. It made me incredibly grateful for how vibrant and polarizing this community is, it really is the NHL of online hockey discussion

This place has free expression, countless progressive hockey talk, countless regressive hockey talk , and on game nights I truly can’t think of a better enhancement to the NHL than HFBoards excluding watching it with loved ones.

And it goes on every single day of the year, HFBoards is the place to be!! And if you’re a part of it, you’re a chosen one :D

Great now the Capitals are gonna buy HFBoards :cry:

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I like TR&FA, even if I'll occasionally grumble otherwise during low points. It's the most volatile place I regularly go to, sure, but that makes the occasional calm and good-natured discussions all the more engaging and enjoyable when they do arrive.
And on the other side you guys have your 9/11 moments, I can picture a mod chilling at home and sees the rumor about Perry and Bedards Mom and they're all like ohhhh noooo!!!!!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So when are the unmoderated politics boards coming back?

:naughty:
IMG_6313.gif

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Here, I can have an honest discussion about Nikita Kucherov’s selfish empty net habits. On Reddit I’d be downvoted to oblivion for trolling.

Seriously though, one of the other advantages HF has over any other platform is its prospects board. Lots of knowledge posters (along with lots who aren’t).

Reactions: adsfan and Coffees

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
My friends make fun of me for "posting on the hockey forum all the time" but I don't care. No better place to talk hockey. HF is 100x better than Reddit even when things get contentious.

Everyone is super fake on Reddit because they want their comments to get upvoted rather than downvoted, so they never say what they really feel. Plenty of knowledgeable fans there but everyone finds what works and conforms and sounds the same. When I saw fans of rival teams in the middle of heated playoff series all falling over themselves to be light hearted and make themselves the butt of jokes in order to not get downvoted this really became obvious to me.

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I still have a folder of HF screenshots on one of my old drives. Sometimes I go through them for nostalgia purposes.

Here are some of my favourites. The people here are so goddamn funny. I had way older ones but that drive is sadly corrupted.

OyL3tJV.png

lTT3bAV.png

JmPeu9I.png

qgtctZb.png

yROFH9r.png

xxTLllD.png

pWQaF9J.png

7CU7g9s.png

oykZUah.png

2k1hoMK.png
Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Stive Morgan

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The places that took over message boards like Reddit and Discord are designed for the dumbest people of society. People who need to see a new conversation every 2 seconds to hold their attention span and tell them what to think.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
HF is only site left from my internet debut in 2006 that I still check daily. Almost 20 years jeez.
I hope we're in for at least another 20.

• Love
Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad