GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/20/16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It doesn't matter who the calls favor, Caps or Pens, the players on the ice will not have the biggest say.

Okay now that I can understand. I thought you were saying "the Caps are only losing this game because of the refs!!!!!"

The puck doesn't have to be covered for the ref to lose sight of it and blow the whistle.

What are you even arguing right now? If the ref blows a whistle when it's not covered, it is a mistake. If he loses sight of the puck, it is his mistake. I don't even know what you're trying to argue here. The ref ****ed up and screwed the Pens out of a goal.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
This game is exactly why NO Capitals fan should ever wish to play the Pens in a playoff series. The series will be decided by the officials.

This coming from the pinnacle of objectivity. What are you going to hypocritically whine about next?

How come I as a huge fan of Ovechkin I can acknowledge that Crosby is a great player and between he and Ovechkin the best player has fluctuated during their 11 year careers, some years Ovechkin was better, some years Crosby was better, some years it was pretty damn even. But a lot of Crosby fans can't give one single solidarity second of thought to admit the same?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The puck doesn't have to be covered for the ref to lose sight of it and blow the whistle.

again i ask you if a good ref should ever lose sight of the puck so easily when it isn't covered

the answer is no

when it happens we call that a bad call

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It actually makes perfect logical sense. If the play would've been blown dead immediately (Penguins had next possession), there's a good chance Weber doesn't rough him at all or perhaps only gets a matching penalty. Instead, the ref called a penalty with the Caps headed into the Penguins' zone, giving the Penguins a PP.

So there's a chance that Weber wouldn't have done that? You're making an awful lot of assumptions there. So there's a chance there would have been a PP for the Caps, but there is an overwhelming chance it would have been 4 on 4 based on what actually happened.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
Score adjusted CF% over their last 25 games played:

Pittsburgh: 55.6% (2nd in NHL)
Washington: 48.9% (20th in NHL)

Interesting

Washington: Comfortably ahead of every team in the division (1st in the NHL), clinched a playoff spot, just trying to stay healthy

Pittsburgh: Fighting for their playoff lives

Nah, not really all that interesting

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
What are you even arguing right now? If the ref blows a whistle when it's not covered, it is a mistake. If he loses sight of the puck, it is his mistake. I don't even know what you're trying to argue here. The ref ****ed up and screwed the Pens out of a goal.

Sure, it's a mistake, but it's not bad reffing. If the ref loses sight of the puck, the whistle blows. That's pretty darn textbook. Point of my post is that there's much more to complain about in this game than that particular call.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Washington: Comfortably ahead of every team in the division (1st in the NHL), clinched a playoff spot, just trying to stay healthy

That's cool. Guess all teams fighting for the playoffs are 2nd and all teams comfortably in the playoffs are playing like Winnipeg.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015

keep telling yourself that, until caps inevitably fail to make it out of the 2nd round.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Ref lost the puck and blew the whistle. Pens scored after the whistle was blown. Pretty textbook stuff. Of all the things to complain about, that's not one of them. No matter how much Crosby tries to bully the glass.

wrong.

puck was in before the whistle, intent to blow negated it.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
So there's a chance that Weber wouldn't have done that? You're making an awful lot of assumptions there. So there's a chance there would have been a PP for the Caps, but there is an overwhelming chance it would have been 4 on 4 based on what actually happened.
You're the one making assumptions that he would've wailed on Rust if the whistle would've immediately blown.

My only point is the push by Rust was a blown call which helped give the Penguins a PP, which led to a poor call from the refs against the Penguins.

From a neutral observer, Weber probably still would've roughed Rust; however, it should've been 4 on 4 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad