GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/14/19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I have no idea what being fast has to do with anything. His game was never based on speed so he will adapt while getting older.

Adapt maybe but hockey players dont get better with age after 30

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cant wait till next year when Gardiner is playing somewhere else
You want your defence to become even worse? He has his issues, but clearly makes you lot better than not having him. Nylander is a million times better than what's going on with him currently, but not sure Dubas is thinking by keeping him. He would've gotten the Leafs a #2-3 defender easily.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
But his line did. And Mackinnon's speed created a lot of this, as did his cycle. Tavares could not keep up. 2nd game in a row he was pretty much invisible. But the old let's just look at the stats sheet. You probably think the same thing when Bergeron dominated the match up Sat night and he did not register a pt either. People watch games. You can't try to fool everyone here.
Yes his line did. MacKinnon wasn’t that great and Tavares didn’t play that bad. That was Landeskog and Rantanen doing majority the work as evident by the tip by Landeskog and Rantanen scoring goal off Kadri giveaway.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Bruins tie it late on the PP, 2-2
With the way the Habs were sitting back, it was almost bound to happen...

Teams do this all over the league now, sit on their heels when up in the game. I don't remember this being something that happened when I was younger.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
You want your defence to become even worse? He has his issues, but clearly makes you lot better than not having him. Nylander is a million times better than what's going on with him currently, but not sure Dubas is thinking by keeping him. He would've gotten the Leafs a #2-3 defender easily.

Gardiner was been atrocious this year. I would much rather have a defensive d-men taking his place. We have enough offense

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yes his line did. MacKinnon wasn’t that great and Tavares didn’t play that bad. That was Landeskog and Rantanen doing majority the work as evident by the tip by Landeskog and Rantanen scoring goal off Kadri giveaway.

You didn't watch the same game then. The Mackinnon line had 13 shots on goal, Mackinnon 4 himself. The entire Tavares line had 4 SOG in total. The Mackinnon line had 2 goals, was +6. Tavares was -4 alone with zero shots on goal. This is what you call being dominated.

Reactions: The Merchant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad