Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Brad Hunt has been a captain in this league too so he’s a possibility. I’m with you though on Mac. I just don’t see how he stays up. Why even carry that 8th D if you don’t have to with Hershey so close by?
He definitely has those leadership qualities you want but I'd be shocked if they went outside that core group of current locker room leaders who have back to back cups. I think if he was the guy he'd get the additional A not Sutter.

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Brad Hunt has been a captain in this league too so he’s a possibility. I’m with you though on Mac. I just don’t see how he stays up. Why even carry that 8th D if you don’t have to with Hershey so close by?
We had 8 Dee most if not all of last season. And we had to go a lot deeper than that. Plus McIlrath will get deployed for certain games where his physical presence is leveraged. And with Roy getting hurt that might happen sooner rather than later. Regardless 8 Dee is good.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
He definitely has those leadership qualities you want but I'd be shocked if they went outside that core group of current locker room leaders who have back to back cups. I think if he was the guy he'd get the additional A not Sutter.
He’s getting the third “A” on the road and they are including Roe and Sgarbs in the leadership group as well. Nelson said they aren’t making an immediate decision anyway.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Lappy isn't going back unless he totally falls apart. He showed last year that's he's NHL ready. I think the bigger issue is that he's not really a 3c... more of a 2, but that spot's spoken for...at least for now.
both players are in the right spot. Miro will get his shot in Washington later this year. But he needs consistent ice time and some consistency in a high profile / high reliance role. Lappy will be fine, but that third line is bad. I don’t see him going to Hershey but he could get moved to wing or take nacho duty if he doesn’t wake up.

Reactions: Kazer

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Curious on the Dalton Smith signing that was just announced. 33 goals & 917 PIMs in 490 games. Tough guy signing since Mac is in DC for at least the near term future?

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
That signing makes no sense. Why add another body, especially a forward. Saulnier is tough enough. Maybe SC bound??
Yeah, other than going to SC it doesn't make sense. Saulnier handled himself on Sunday and Osipov is a tough customer on the D-side of things. I don't see this guy fitting in & playing Todd Nelson hockey. Kind of like Kessy, who they traded because Nelson didn't play him (for obvious reasons).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad