The Oilers are an old team

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Where they find the cap space to sign Bouchard is another story. I’d laugh if he signed an offer sheet.

Lots of skill up front, bottom 10 D core and Goal combo. Not a great cup contention mix.
If you look at all cup winners, the one thing every cup winner had was a good team defence with a really good defence. Edmonton doesn’t have that

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
They should put their 3 youngest forwards together and call them 'the kid line'.
Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Podkolzin
It's hard to believe there's a team with only 3 forwards under 30 and those guys are 28, 27 and 23. I guess the consolation is they're loaded with top prospects, The future sure is bright lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
McDavid after 3 games loss to start the season:
1000070004.gif

They should put their 3 youngest forwards together and call them 'the kid line'.
Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Podkolzin
It's hard to believe there's a team with only 3 forwards under 30 and those guys are 28, 27 and 23. I guess the consolation is they're loaded with top prospects, The future sure is bright lol
I would call them the 'cup or bust line'

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I rather zadorov at 5 mil. Bigger and tougher and higher IQ, while being almost 50% cheaper while signing his contract when cap is going up.
Nurse is a top four D man. Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy who finds himself in the press box every season. Both are bad. I guess Zadorov is the lesser of two evils because he’s paid less.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Nurse is a top four D man. Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy who finds himself in the press box every season. Both are bad. I guess Zadorov is the lesser of two evils because he’s paid less.
Nurse is a top 4 dman in the AHL. He would not be a top 4 Dman even on Canucks who have a thin blueline

• Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Nurse is paid like a top 2, plays like a 5/6.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I agree with thie wholeheartedly.

I'll just add why some of us Oil fans type these things.

The second a team scores on us and we go down 1-0 the same posters come out of the woodwork

Drai is leaving
Connor is leaving
Nurse can't play in the NHL
Skinner is ECHL
Oilers are the worst team in the universe
Bouch is ECHL
They have no chance of making the playoffs

Like the comments are damn near instant.lol

That's why we write shit like 'this happened last year'.lol

But yes, trying to replicate last year is a bad idea.lol Czech goalies Vladar and Mrazek are undefeated against us on, most likely, non playoff teams. That is not good.lol

Let's be honest here........

.....your own board does this, minus the first two.

Expecting the Mains no to is crazy.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
They seem to be playing very passive like having an adrenaline dump still after the playoff run they had and also getting snake bitten and bad luck at the same time. Call it a hobo cup hangover. They’ll probably be fine though waking up sooner then later is more ideal as I don’t think they wanna go on a 16 game winning streak again because they have to not because they can.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
The sooner they explode in a game and score a bunch of goals... the better. They need to get their offense going. This forward group should be scoring a lot more goals.

Reactions: Video Nasty

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Where they find the cap space to sign Bouchard is another story. I’d laugh if he signed an offer sheet.

Lots of skill up front, bottom 10 D core and Goal combo. Not a great cup contention mix.
If there's a team stupid enough to sign him to an offer sheet, the Oilers should take the picks and cap space to put towards bringing in defencemen capable of playing like NHLers in their own zone. Getting something useful for a guy like Bouchard who belongs in the ECHL would be a big step towards bringing some respectability to their blueline.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If there's a team stupid enough to sign him to an offer sheet, the Oilers should take the picks and cap space to put towards bringing in defencemen capable of playing like NHLers in their own zone. Getting something useful for a guy like Bouchard who belongs in the ECHL would be a big step towards bringing some respectability to their blueline.
Bouchard belongs in the ECHL? He may not be great defensively but that’s quite a reach.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What is changed from normal to make you think that?
Our normal is 0 and 3 so not much.lol

But Podkolzin in Top 6 (after showing very little) and Nurse with his 3rd D partner of the season so far (in 4 games).

Line blender in full effect

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Podzolkin in the top 6! Yikes!
And McDrai back together already.
What ever happened to the deepest top 6 in the league prognostications this off season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

My hunch says we are about to go 0 and 4 here.lol

Weird to see them break up the line that seemed like it was working (Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson). It's early but their shot share and dangerous chance share is strong, same with the game with Skinner up with McDavid. Metric-wise, there has been good stuff there in their favor. Why is he getting Henrique and Brown?

Reactions: Czechboy

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Our normal is 0 and 3 so not much.lol

But Podkolzin in Top 6 (after showing very little) and Nurse with his 3rd D partner of the season so far (in 4 games).

Line blender in full effect

That's what I thought, I was looking at it and aside from Nurse-Stetcher, which is unfathomable for any "contender" it just looked the same.

Stetcher was still used as a bottom pairing D on the Canucks in the Benning years.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's what I thought, I was looking at it and aside from Nurse-Stetcher, which is unfathomable for any "contender" it just looked the same.

Stetcher was still used as a bottom pairing D on the Canucks in the Benning years.
Also put Mcdrai together... Not a fan after signing all those vets.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Not too concerned with the forwards, eventually things will start clicking. But their second and third defense pairs are abysmal for a playoff team.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think stats showed Nurse was a 7 million guy in 22 23 season.

Game 2 Nurse was one of the best Oilers on the ice.

Is he overpaid? Yes
Is he the solo reason they are 0-3 far from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad