Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
If it's calder cup themed, I need one. Maybe it's the date they'll finally start making jerseys again lol

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Saw some speculation that it’s a simplified version of what they already have. Just removing some of the white stripes that line the body of the jersey. I also saw speculation that a new alternate jersey will be back in the rotation next season

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Reactions: swansonsays

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I was surprised to see this find its way back to me today. I mailed it to him in January or February of 2023... before there was any sort of history between the Bears and Birds.
20240906_193103.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
This is a "new" product on their website and kind of matches the sneak peek pic they posted. Not a big fan, if this is it. Maybe as a new alternate, but hopefully not to replace the dark brown one.

Screenshot_20240909_131417_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: usiel

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
I don't mind the Caps patch. I don't see an improvement, though. Changing just to change, which I'm not a fan of. I'd have rather seen a change to the hideous tan alternates, but it isn't my team and it's not my money. But as Strawberry mentioned, the Hershey fan base loves to spend so these will be sold out asap, I'd imagine.

On a side note, I am not excited at all for the approaching season. No idea why, nothing I can put my finger on, I'm just not excited or even looking forward to it.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
IDK what it is about the new jerseys but something about them is just off to me ... I think the stripes are too big and on the whites the gold/tan stripe is almost invisible, at least in these pictures

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
It ultimately does just feel like a change for the sake of it which is why I'm mostly not into these. The caps patch just feels kinda weird given how many different NHL jerseys you see at a given Bears game. It obviously makes sense in regards to affiliate teams but maybe a bit tone-deaf in regards to the fanbase? Idk, not the biggest deal but I definitely am not interested in buying any of these new jerseys for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: swansonsays

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The Bears had, depending on their affiliate at the time, either the Avs or Caps logo on the shoulder for most of, if not the entirety of the "swipe" logo era. In fact, it's such a common thing in the minors that until this thread, I hadn't even noticed in 12 years of these jerseys that the affiliate patch ever went away, lol.

I think the lateral change is the most grumble worthy thing for me. I probably sound like I'm complaining excessively. It's not even a bad jersey. It's just sort of there and I don't really think it's a marked improvement over what came before it. Plus the cynic in me knows that uniform changes in sports only ever happen because the team wants to sell more jerseys, lol.

I don't mind the Caps patch. I don't see an improvement, though. Changing just to change, which I'm not a fan of. I'd have rather seen a change to the hideous tan alternates, but it isn't my team and it's not my money. But as Strawberry mentioned, the Hershey fan base loves to spend so these will be sold out asap, I'd imagine.

On a side note, I am not excited at all for the approaching season. No idea why, nothing I can put my finger on, I'm just not excited or even looking forward to it.
I still am because I like going to the games and I've roped a couple friends into season tickets, so I'll have at least two more people to discuss the Bears with. I guess my thing is there's nowhere to go from down but here. The roster still looks great, but after two straight championships and two straight long runs, I'm expecting a step back. Not middle of the pack or anything drastic, they'll still be a good team, but not record-breaking like they were last year. They have the roster to go all the way again, but it's a tall order to do it three years in a row. And if they're hungover a bit out of the gate or hit any sort of snags this year or, god forbid, bow out in the first couple rounds of the playoffs, I'm definitely expecting online meltdowns. Well, not that I'll see them... I left the Facebook fan group months ago :)

Also, I'm kind of financially spent at that moment from the trip I just took a couple weeks ago, so I unfortunately had to cancel the additional ticket purchases for games I planned to attend with friends, at least for now. So that was kind of a downer. And given both the scarcity of tickets and the gradual increase in ticket prices as time goes on, those plans might have to stay on the back burner.

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
I didn't think the old ones were broken. They remind me a bit too much of what WBS wore about a decade or so ago. I guess after 12 years of no changes, HERCO needed to rake in some more cash from a fanbase they know is more than willing to fork it over.

Even more cash than the 80 dollar hoodies and 45 dollar long sleeve shirts they already sell? Damn.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The prices have gone outrageous but it’s simple supply and demand. Hershey has great attendance and fans are forking over tons of cash for merchandise, which a lot of times is a bunch of cheaply made junk (Ex: Gildan brand tshirts for $30+ is insane for a shit brand). HERCO will do everything in their power to recoup as much lost COVID revenue as possible.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
6.5 or 7/10. There’s something about the color of the yellow stripe that contrasts with the color of the bear that I don’t think works right. I’d like them better if they were just brown jerseys with a solid white stripe on the sleeves and at the bottom of the jersey and then white with brown stripes. The third color throws it off for me. I know the yellow/gold on the stripe matches the background of the logo but I think it’s a poor color mix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad