Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Purchased from the Meigray summer sale. Aaron Ness game issue from 2022. My first ever Made in Canada NHL jersey.
20240802_163828.jpg

20240802_163919.jpg

20240802_163953.jpg

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
My favorite band is playing Van Andel arena tomorrow and Wednesday, gonna be interesting watching that when I'm only used to seeing hockey in that arena lol

Reactions: zappa4ever

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I thought for sure that Hunt would be the death knell for Day in Hershey. Guess too much depth never hurts, especially with how depleted the blueline became in the Finals, but I was hoping for Leivermann and maybe even Thornton to get a bigger opportunity.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I like Day. Not sure what we are going to do with him (or others). I believe that is 12 Dee on Hershey contracts. only 4 are two way (Alexyev now one way this contract year). That is a lot of depth.

Also, Caps have 12 Dee eligible to play with 8 on roster and 4 in Hershey. That is also pretty good depth.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The few losses aren't exactly small ones, but this has gotta be the most an AHL roster has been run back from one year to the next, no?
Pretty darn close. Looking good again this year on paper. If Philp bounces back from his injury and gets remotely close to what he was the year before and Sgarbossa remains with the team all year I might even say we've upgraded a bit.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
That’s a possibility. I would take LuJo back if they don’t add any other vets. He hit vet status last season so that hinders him a bit. He’s still a very good player at the AHL level. I’m fully expecting him to move on though. I’m assuming he wants a fresh start elsewhere

Curious about Johansen at this stage in his career. Two Calder Cups but just nine NHL games to this point. Would he be able to stick in another organization or is the AHL the peak of his potential?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Curious about Johansen at this stage in his career. Two Calder Cups but just nine NHL games to this point. Would he be able to stick in another organization or is the AHL the peak of his potential?
Always a chance he’s a late bloomer….its prob not a very high percentage chance, but I suppose there is a chance.

He’s prob a 6-8 on most teams, at best. Good teams he’s 9-11. Bad teams? Maybe 5 IF all goes well

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
As others have said, he’s a top pairing AHL D who can give you some games if needed. Injuries destroyed his development, which is unfortunate because he was great the past few seasons when he was healthy in Hershey. I’d also argue Hershey isn’t a back to back champion after how well he played for them in the finals two seasons ago. His game 7 performance was incredible

Congrats on your deal, one of the most disappointing Bears in recent memory!
He gave me Joe Motzko vibes for sure

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
As others have said, he’s a top pairing AHL D who can give you some games if needed. Injuries destroyed his development, which is unfortunate because he was great the past few seasons when he was healthy in Hershey. I’d also argue Hershey isn’t a back to back champion after how well he played for them in the finals two seasons ago. His game 7 performance was incredible

He gave me Joe Motzko vibes for sure
Joe MustGo? I miss him.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
This happens in hockey. Easy to judge from the outside. But this is a business. Johansen is gone. Good luck to him.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I guess that didn’t make sense and i was a couple of bourbons and puffs in. Haha.

I was just saying we aren’t going to resign Johansen. Some players just don’t get there with the team that drafted them. That is the case with Johansen. I think Caps have seen enough and hence why they signed 12 defensemen in Hershey and he isn’t one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00