Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Gonna try and get tickets for game 2 if I still get a discount. Unfortunately I'm currently in a work position in which I can't have my phone at my workplace so I'll have to slink out for a bit to check (my current supervisor's a big Caps fan and we talk hockey a fair amount so I'm imagining it shouldn't be an issue)

(Tix go on sale tomorrow at 10 according to Fisch)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
My damn internet went out right after period 2 ended so I didn't even get to watch the third. That don't stop the bears from SWEEPING though!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Congrats to the Bears. From the parent Caps fan perspective there seemed a bit of a surprise on the off season moves maybe blocking caps prospects but atm don't believe that is the case.
I was certainly of that opinion. But I agree with you… worked out well. Below is what the roster looked like in August. I had questions about Limoges (26), Roe (35), Dube (22), Huntington (25) and Osipov (?). I guess you could say it blocked Suzdalev (not ready) and Hofer but really they just weren’t ready. I suspect they will both have roles next year. But they will have to go deep again to account for some call-ups if injuries.

1716519179601.png

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Blue Jackets put Brendan Gaunce on waivers to send him back down to Cleveland. He's their captain and probably second best forward. He's a pending UFA and it wouldn't really cost anything, Caps should claim him to block it.

• Haha
Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Blue Jackets put Brendan Gaunce on waivers to send him back down to Cleveland. He's their captain and probably second best forward. He's a pending UFA and it wouldn't really cost anything, Caps should claim him to block it.
Gaunce cleared.

One would think there's a decent chance they could also add Mateychuk for Game 3 after the Memorial Cup ends.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Funny to think about but almost certainly would've been an open invitation for Columbus (or someone else) to pluck one of Hershey's vets off waivers in the future. Or possibly given Cleveland some extra fire.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018

tenor.gif

I remember liking Gaunce as an option with the Wilson pick in 2012. Don’t think I’ve heard his name again since that draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad