Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
@cotsonika 31 secs
Confirmed: The potential that Torres suspension could go six is enough to go to neutral arbitrator, if Bettman rules six or more on appeal.

????????????????????

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
Free Rafi!! Put that hit side by side with the one in the Caps series and that dude only gets 2 games?? Hell that hit was worse than Raffis 25 game suspension.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Yep, and you never will. Every post in this thread shows you can't even think clearly on the subject.

So basically because I have a different opinion then you I am deluded and it is invalid? Awesome way of thinking.

You are clearly incapable of thinking clearly on this subject. Your opinion is invalid. See how that works?

Torres has a reputation, he is more likely to get suspended for minor infractions. I think he's thrown worse hits than that, but anyone who thought that wasn't getting a suspension is freaking crazy. The NHL has set a very clear precedent and there was NO doubt in my mind he was gone for at least this series, we are lucky that's all it is frankly. My POINT is that the Sharks brought in a guy who they KNEW was likely to get suspended if he so much as blinked funny at another player, and guess what, he got suspended and made an already injured team much worse off.

I will say, that he has been very effective, and that is part of why this sucks so much. If he had been able to keep his nose clean, I was willing to give him a chance, but he blew it. What do you expect me to do? I said that if he screwed up again I want no part of him, and he screwed up again. Getting a 6 game suspension in the playoffs is doing a hell of a lot more harm than good, sorry, I don't know how you can see that any other way.

I don't know what's more pathetic, the suspension, or the poster in this thread practically gloating about it..

No ones gloating, I certainly would rather he kept his nose clean and didn't get suspended. But he did, like I expected he would. Being right about something doesn't mean I'm happy about it, I'm not. I think the suspension is excessive, but it is right in line with, knowing the NHL, what I expected (hell I expected more).

Also, calling people pathetic to me broaches on personal attack, so let's not start that yah?

Hes not signing here.

Are you friends with him? Do you have inside information? You have no idea if that's true. I'm pretty sure most people here would have said there is no way the Sharks are bringing Raffi Torres in or Scott Hannan back either.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Look, if they negotiated to getting banned for the rest of the series, you can only imagine what their original suspension was. It could've been worse.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
So basically because I have a different opinion then you I am deluded and it is invalid? Awesome way of thinking.

You are clearly incapable of thinking clearly on this subject. Your opinion is invalid. See how that works?

Torres has a reputation, he is more likely to get suspended for minor infractions. I think he's thrown worse hits than that, but anyone who thought that wasn't getting a suspension is freaking crazy. The NHL has set a very clear precedent and there was NO doubt in my mind he was gone for at least this series, we are lucky that's all it is frankly. My POINT is that the Sharks brought in a guy who they KNEW was likely to get suspended if he so much as blinked funny at another player, and guess what, he got suspended and made an already injured team much worse off.

I will say, that he has been very effective, and that is part of why this sucks so much. If he had been able to keep his nose clean, I was willing to give him a chance, but he blew it. What do you expect me to do? I said that if he screwed up again I want no part of him, and he screwed up again. Getting a 6 game suspension in the playoffs is doing a hell of a lot more harm than good, sorry, I don't know how you can see that any other way.

No ones gloating, I certainly would rather he kept his nose clean and didn't get suspended. But he did, like I expected he would. Being right about something doesn't mean I'm happy about it, I'm not. I think the suspension is excessive, but it is right in line with, knowing the NHL, what I expected (hell I expected more).

Also, calling people pathetic to me broaches on personal attack, so let's not start that yah?

Are you friends with him? Do you have inside information? You have no idea if that's true. I'm pretty sure most people here would have said there is no way the Sharks are bringing Raffi Torres in or Scott Hannan back either.

he did keep his nose clean. the suspension wasnt really warranted.

i can agree on the point that torres invites that bias from his past. doesnt mean the NHL isnt becoming a joke with this.

secondly, its hard to say if torres was DWs first choice. he probably went down many avenues. if he didnt then i would say he needs to work on his GM-ing. so until we know otherwise, claiming he shouldve traded for someone else just isnt really working him.

even after this no one thinks you are right. well i wont say no one, but close to it.

its just an opinion, but if you punish someone and they serve the time, and reform (debateable obviously, but he was obviously making an effort) then it shouldnt factor into a future hit. otherwise its just an assumption of intent based on nothing.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Torres has a reputation, he is more likely to get suspended for minor infractions.

That was not a headshot infraction at all, that's the problem with this. No one has a problem with Torres' reputation coming into play if he does actually make a dirty hit.

Jimmy the Fish

Aug 17, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
So according to the NHL's wackyland standards of what constitutes an illegal hit, players are only allowed to initiate contact in the area between the shoulders to just above the knees.

Now the non-call on the Bieksa attempt to neuter Havlat makes total sense.:shakehead

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I hope they do re-sign Raffi. Stalberg will probably look at 3.5 to 4 mil. The Sharks can't afford that plus the track record of free agents that sign here outside of vets beyond their prime and role players is ugly. I don't give a **** if his brother is here that means nothing since his brother is hardly an AHL player and most likely let go.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009

Thats calling alot of people crazy..

He blew it??? :rolleyes: Drama much??

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Raffi Torres while playing warhammer delivered a glancing hit that became a critical headshot on a +4 roll on a d6. Because the dreadnought exploded, Torres is no longer allowed to play.

Is that how it goes Shanahan?

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Raffi Torres while playing warhammer delivered a glancing hit that became a critical headshot on a +4 roll on a d6. Because the dreadnought exploded, Torres is no longer allowed to play.

Is that how it goes Shanahan?

Wow. Shanny is quite the ****** DM if he invoked RFED pm Torres after that. If this was DnD, someone should invoke some 1d2 crusader on Shanny's ass. Or Pun-pun the Godlike Kobold. Torres would be an excellent Pun-pun. Such a troll build for such a troll player.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
wow, shanahan says that "although the initial contact may be the shoulder, the principle point of contact is the head". how can that even be possible??!!

Its not that cryptic, He said Torres targeted Stolls head and in doing so glanced Stolls shoulder. I am pretty surprised by the indefinite suspension.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
you cant say that he targeted the head if the hit was started at the shoulder. there is no proof.

now penner on wingels on the other hand...

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
you cant say that he targeted the head if the hit was started at the shoulder. there is no proof.

now penner on wingels on the other hand...

Yes you can. He is saying the contact to the shoulder was incidental. It is unquestionable that Stoll took the brunt of the blow to the head. Shannahan is saying Torres did it on purpose

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Its not that cryptic, He said Torres targeted Stolls head and in doing so glanced Stolls shoulder. I am pretty surprised by the indefinite suspension.

No he did not say he targeted Stoll's head. In fact he conspicuously did NOT address the targeting issue -- because it would nullify his case. Which it does since he did not target Stoll's head.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Yes you can. He is saying the contact to the shoulder was incidental. It is unquestionable that Stoll took the brunt of the blow to the head. Shannahan is saying Torres did it on purpose

I don't think Torres did at all.

tumblr_inline_mmx0kaRo0b1qz4rgp.gif

It looked shoulder to shoulder to me. But I'm just angry as ****.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
There is 0% chance Torres targeted the head. That would basically be asking to be banned from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad