HBO Parts 1 & 2 Discussion - *SPOILERS* All 24/7 Talk Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
How's it any different than Girardi's fathering skills and Couturier playing video games with Briere's kids? Besides, those things you mentioned didn't happen in every episode, it was spread out.

I think some people have too high of expectations. I actually like all the family stuff but apparently some are really turned off by it. You still get the same inside look during actual games.

I think people just need to wait for Kessel and Datsyuk. I don't think previous 24/7s were interesting right from the first episode but they got interesting in the next few episodes.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

can someone send me a link to the first episode please??

the youtube video is in page 9 of this thread.

i really liked the episode, i don't know why people are complaining. the part with the red wings was boring but imo they're just not an interesting team. i hope there's more kessel in the next episode.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
and the Wings fans thought we were boring.
I think the drahmah will start if not this week - next week, because A: we actually play the Wings on the 21st, and depending on how this week shakes up one team could be out of the playoff race, both could be flipping wild card spots, one could earn the guaranteed seed...heck both could be out!

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Episode 1 was laying the seeds. The next episode will have all the juicy stuff.

Storytelling, guys. This isn't just a mish-mash of random-ass clips.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
How's it any different than Girardi's fathering skills and Couturier playing video games with Briere's kids? Besides, those things you mentioned didn't happen in every episode, it was spread out.

I think some people have too high of expectations. I actually like all the family stuff but apparently some are really turned off by it. You still get the same inside look during actual games.
I like it too. I enjoy viewing their lives outside of the rink.

snizzbone*

I still enjoy it regardless of 'exciting' stuff happening. It's an inside look into our favourite team. This first episode was more of a setting the stage. I expect the future episodes to be a bit more indepth.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The one thing you get from Dion Phaneuf, he has a real edge to him. Can be gruff and thoughtful at the same time. I can see how, he did rub some teammates the wrong way. I don't think you can get away with this with guys like Lupul, Bolland, or Clarkson. But on young guys maybe, he is a little intimidating. And this is supposed to be the softer more mature Dion, one wonders how he was in Calgary back when he was traded. Could have been a factor. I think if he had a Niedermayer or Pronger to look up to, he could have been an even better captain.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
and the Wings fans thought we were boring.
I think the drahmah will start if not this week - next week, because A: we actually play the Wings on the 21st, and depending on how this week shakes up one team could be out of the playoff race, both could be flipping wild card spots, one could earn the guaranteed seed...heck both could be out!

Very doubtful that this week (or the next few weeks) sees either Toronto or Detroit fall out of a playoff spot. For Toronto to fall out of a playoff spot, Ottawa, New Jersey, or Columbus would have to earn 5 more points than Toronto earns in that time or Philadelphia or the Rangers would have to 6 more points. And it's even less likely for Detroit.

What kind of drama do people expect? I imagine that most NHLers are professionals. They show up, do their jobs and go home. I also expect that players are going to be a lot more guarded about what they say and do when cameras are around.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Didnt care for the Red Wings stuff honestly. But thats cause Im a Leaf fan that was antsy to see the Leaf stuff. Excited to see Datsyuk though, also be cool if they looked at Monster a bit too.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Episode 1 was laying the seeds. The next episode will have all the juicy stuff.

Storytelling, guys. This isn't just a mish-mash of random-ass clips.

^This, 100%.

They are trying to tell a story or display a narrative here. It needs to have some sort of structure.

I, like most people, really only care about the stuff that happens in the dressing room during practices and games etc (was disappointed they didn't have the Carlyle-Phaneuf on-ice discussion right after Randy found out about the suspension).

But they always have the family stuff - remember, they want to try and illustrate that the players are real people that are easily connected to the fans (that's the whole point of this series).

Wasn't at all surprised that game 7 made it's way into the show either. Whether you care to admit it or not, that's a huge part of the story surrounding this team coming into this season and moving forward.

Overall, really enjoyed the first segment. Loved the Babcock segments too, though I could do with less of the Wings players dinner crap etc naturally

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
just finished watching it. carlyle's toaster bit was funny. tatar's lineup call was funny as well.

was pretty pissed when they replayed the game 7 loss. **** you hbo.

loved lupul and Voynov's fight. it was hilarious. voynov profanity needs work. haha

bernier saying to the rest of the teammates "**** these guys right? **** them" before facing the bruins was awkward as hell cause no one responded. :laugh:

both coaches' pep talks sucked tbh. was expecting something better.

overall, it was def fun to watch. can't wait for the next episode.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
just finished watching it. carlyle's toaster bit was funny. tatar's lineup call was funny as well.

was pretty pissed when they replayed the game 7 loss. **** you hbo.

loved lupul and Voynov's fight. it was hilarious. voynov profanity needs work. haha

bernier saying to the rest of the teammates "**** these guys right? **** them" before facing the bruins was awkward as hell cause no one responded. :laugh:

both coaches' pep talks sucked tbh. was expecting something better.

overall, it was def fun to watch. can't wait for the next episode.

:laugh:

It was a decent start, hopefully things pick up.
The hatred between the Caps/Pens and Flyers/Rangers was more palpable, not so much between these two, who haven't really had an active and heated rivalry since the 90s.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Pretty good episode. Looking forward to see more of the goalies, as they're always a quirky group. Looking forward to some Kessel 1 on 1s for comedic relief.

During/after their game against the Hawks should provide for some good footage.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not a bad first episode. Too much Alfredsson ;).

At least the next one should be really entertaining coming off the win over Chicago.

BayStreetBullies*

I wonder if Krusty was teaching his kids how to shoot pucks at people after the whistle.

"Ok kids, which one of you wants to be Scott Niedermayer?"

:sarcasm:

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I actually liked episode one. Can't wait for part 2, specifically some kessel and kadri stuff. Lupul is a beaut, glad I got his jersey last year, hope he becomes captain eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad