Has Connor Bedard quietly became underrated ?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah Hughes isn’t a good example for judging by his first few seasons though. When he was healthy last year he looked to me like the most dominant offensive forward besides the big 4 or 5. He was buzzing in the offensive zone and creating chances like MacK and McDavid before his early season injury.

That said, yes I have Bedard not only getting to his level but perhaps as soon as later on this very season. Don’t believe there will be a huge gap between them throughout much of their primes though, and that speaks more to how good I believe Hughes is than some slight against Bedard.
Yeah he was buzzing for sure. I like Hughes a lot, I just think the idea that Bedard would be lucky to hit that ceiling when every stage along the way he has been a step ahead, seems off. The defensive thing hasn't been great, but I'll wait until year 3 or 4 to truly evaluate his defense. If he hasn't figured out by then, then he probably won't.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It’s gonna be a joke how many points this kid puts up in a few years IMO

I don’t see him ever able to control shifts all over the ice all game the way prime Crosby/McDavid did, but he will still be one of the best play drivers in the league when he fills out. The skill/hands/shot combo looks like it will be ridiculously deadly.

Reactions: authentic

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Bedard is still considered the best U23 player on virtually every ranking (maybe every single one?). I think he was overhyped when he came in (I mean they put up a goal counter of career goals for him and Gretzky when he scored his first). I think it's unfair to compare him to McDavid and Crosby, that tier feels like a "prove the hype" tier. But putting him a level below is completely fair until he proves otherwise.

Reactions: authentic

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It's certainly not without merit to reply to someone who said that Bedard won the Calder despite the broken jaw and sat out with the fact that Faber, a finalist for the award, didn't sit out but PLAYED the final 2 months of the season with fractured ribs.
It was more of a general observation about the Faber apologists as I religiously Stan for Bedard.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
In Bedard's defense, the team around him is pure garbage and, as a result, teams can concentrate on Connor. Give him someone to play with and then people can judge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad