News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Jan. 12 is Eric Staal bubblehead day. The only one for the season...damn, Dundon is cheap.

Info-
The first 6,500
fans in attendance will receive an Eric Staal bobblehead

All fans in attendance will receive a mini jersey banner upon exit

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Based on what we have right now I like the lineup a lot. I wouldn’t change anything until we’ve seen how it does for a bit.
My only change: flip Pyotr for Freddie in getting more starts.

3 of our 4 lines are going to be really fast and Jordon’s as I noted will be ball breakers (and Martinook is damn fast too).

Ah, probably just have preseason optimism and the year will be crap :).

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
My only change: flip Pyotr for Freddie in getting more starts.

3 of our 4 lines are going to be really fast and Jordon’s as I noted will be ball breakers (and Martinook is damn fast too).

Ah, probably just have preseason optimism and the year will be crap :).
It’s balanced. Lemieux and Jost are lesser fits imo, I would choose Robinson over them for that role every day of the week. Adding Blake, Robinson and JR absolutely makes us a faster team this season, especially when you consider we’re subtracting TT, Fast and Noesen who are all somewhere between slow and acceptable whereas the new three are all pretty fast. I think the system makes a lot more sense with speed, and it can make up a bit for the lack of skill. Needing a couple of top six forwards has been a consistent thing but when it’s a slower group on top of that I think it’s hard to get too far. When you consider guys like Statsny, Stepan, Noesen etc… playing in the bottom six vs these guys I’d put money on us being able to notice the difference overall on team speed. KK and Staal apply the brakes to the group a bit but they’re both surrounded with quicker legs.

Carrier too, I don’t think of him as overly fast but I’d put him in the Martinook category of hustling to the point of making them seem quick at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad