Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Ricky's post reminded me to check the career totals for this season's older guys on Pack
It does seem accurate that that they won't need to be watching how many vets dress for any games with current roster
NamebirthdateReg Season pro games <Oct'23
Nash8905>320
Belzile9108>320
Elson9209>320
Brodzinzki9306>320
Harpur9501>320
Brouillard9502168(+39ECHL
Blidh9503>320
Hillman9601129(+91ECHL
DiGiacinto960183(+31ECHL
Mackey9609119
Hollowell9809130
Leschyshyn9903231

Frequently Asked Questions
"What is the AHL’s development rule?
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players."
Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games.
All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season."

here is earlier post re AHL veteran rule

please feel free to double check
my research and math,
and my understanding of the text

it seems that of the 6 'vets' ( > 260 games)
at least ONE had to have total career games <320 to be the 13th 'dev' player
but all 6 have > 320
so a guy had to sit, and yesterday that was Blidh

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
here is earlier post re AHL veteran rule

please feel free to double check
my research and math,
and my understanding of the text

it seems that of the 6 'vets' ( > 260 games)
at least ONE had to have total career games <320 to be the 13th 'dev' player
but all 6 have > 320
so a guy had to sit, and yesterday that was Blidh
Yeah, we have 6 players who fall into the over 320 games category. Only 5 such players can suit up for each game. Teams are allowed one veteran exception who has between 260 and 320 games, but we don't have any of those players.

So one of Elson, Blidh, Belzile, Brodzinski, Nash or Harpur will have to sit out each game.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
fair is fair, gotta acknowledge that Othmann got an opportunity and grabbed it w 2 PPG's in game 1
Thank you for that update. That's is great news. I wanted him to make the Rangers roster but this is really good for him to gain this confidence at the pro level being a top player in Hartford.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack win 3-1. Two goals for first star Brodzinski. Edstrom with second star. I thought the team was a little sluggish. Shots 25-24 Hartford. Despite winning their first two the team has scored only one even strength goal. Three PPs and one empty netter. The goal tending has been solid, the defense is not dynamic but has generally been strong in their zone and offense has had moments but would like to see it generate more. Hollowell is the best offensive defensemen but in first two games hasn't been as dynamic as Jones. I thought Offmann was relatively quiet.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Pack win 3-1. Two goals for first star Brodzinski. Edstrom with second star. I thought the team was a little sluggish. Shots 25-24 Hartford. Despite winning their first two the team has scored only one even strength goal. Three PPs and one empty netter. The goal tending has been solid, the defense is not dynamic but has generally been strong in their zone and offense has had moments but would like to see it generate more. Hollowell is the best offensive defensemen but in first two games hasn't been as dynamic as Jones. I thought Offmann was relatively quiet.

in fairness the boys probably got him crippled last night after his debut

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Only two games in so too small of a sample size but being that said I’m still liking Scanlin’s game.
Glad to see more non-vets on the special team units.
Looking forward to this season and grateful to have all the knowledgeable posters that contribute to this thread. Thank you all in advance.
Let’s Go Pack!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wish Edstrom would shoot more but there's nothing wrong if he basically develops into a similar player to Fast who was always around the puck and a very good passer.
Yeah he was never a shooter in the SHL, either. But a lot of his shots were close to the net since he put in so much work there.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
ECHL had preseason games last week,
both Olaf and Boyko each backstopped wins,
the other 2 goalies shared the loss

"Friday night saw preseason hockey return to the Heritage Bank Center with a 5-1 Cyclones win. Cincinnati goaltender Olof Lindbom stopped 22 of the 23 shots he faced ...

The Cyclones took down the Fuel again 3-2 in the Queen City Saturday night just 24 hours later. 20-year-old Talyn Boyko got the call in net for Cincy and made 30 saves on 32 shots"

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
a little more
those other 2 goalies no longer on roster
wonder how many other ECHL teams might feature 2 NHL drafted and signed G's?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Home Opener. Looking forward to this game. Always concerns about the first 10 minutes but if they weather that they should be fine.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is not icing a good team this year.
Let’s Go Pack!!!

Reactions: bl02

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Three games in a row that Scanlin is playing the right side.
Scanlin played most of last year and his first season when he came out of college on the right side. He can go either way. The Pack are short on right shot defensemen so he slides over. No PP time but usually starts the PK. Not a lot of offense but he made a nice pass to Brodzinski to give him a chance.

I don't understand the scratching of Trivigno but having it be on the home opener is a lousy way to treat a kid who had several offers and chose the Rangers because he wanted to play for his home team.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad