Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Anything from Othmann yesterday?

No, he didn't have a good game last night. Went with my wife. Team overall looks good this year though.

He got boarded in the first period (non-call), and it seemed to throw him off a bit. He went after the same D-man late first period which led to a fight, and he got the extra 2+10 for instigating. Wasn't too much of a factor after that.

The PP did not look good overall, which didn't help, since Othmann was playing LW on his line but the RW boards on the 1-3-1 on the PP. I still think he'll be fine though.

There were some good signs though. Edstrom, Sykora, and Berard all had good games. Berard and Sykora have nice agility, and Sykora is definitely improving as a puck distributor. Edstrom got the ENG, but was a good forechecking presence all night.

Henriksson took a hard open ice hit in the middle of the ice in the 1st - he got caught pass watching and it was a little bit of a late open ice hit and Mackey went after the guy who threw it - but stayed in the game so hopefully OK.

Vets like Brodzinski, Riley Nash, etc. are decent complimentary pieces that will produce down there and help create a good environment for the kids to develop.

The stupid shit was four different times people threw things on the ice (3 times from the same area so probably the same person) - first time was a PA announcement, second time was a warning the pack would get a penalty, and then twice they got a penalty before security and police finally seemed to locate and remove the person doing it. The ENG's made the game look less close than it was, and killing the PP's at the end put the shutout at risk.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Cyclones game 1 tonight
7 of 8 NYR/Pack players dressing, only the rookie pro F Panwar sitting
Lindbom w the start
1697932661044.png

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Really glad they kept Johnny Brodz around. He makes such a difference down there. Honestly he should probably be on the Rangers' fourth line but whatever.

Brouillard was a nice acquisition.
Brodzinski is a minor league. Their is a reason he couldn't hack it on bad Sharks and Kings teams. He's not that good of an NHL player even as a 4th line everyday player. He played less than 130 NHL games at his age for a reason

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brodzinski is a minor league. Their is a reason he couldn't hack it on bad Sharks and Kings teams. He's not that good of an NHL player even as a 4th line everyday player. He played less than 130 NHL games at his age for a reason
I know what Brodz is at this point. I also know how awful our fourth line has looked these first four games and that Bonino, Pitlick, Vesey, and Goodrow have combined for 1 point. Brodz may not bring much to the table offensively but he at least doesn't look like a partially reanimated corpse.

At minimum I'd have him as the 13th forward rotating in.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I know what Brodz is at this point. I also know how awful our fourth line has looked these first four games and that Bonino, Pitlick, Vesey, and Goodrow have combined for 1 point. Brodz may not bring much to the table offensively but he at least doesn't look like a partially reanimated corpse.

At minimum I'd have him as the 13th forward rotating in.

Id rsther give Adam Edstrom a look. He at least played in a pro SHL league and can skate for his size. It can't hurt. Rempe wouldn't mind giving him a look down the road. Trivigno would be another good option on the 4th line

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
With guys like Othmann, Berard, Sykora, and Cuylle. Is it possible we get guys like Cally, Dubi, Anisimov, Hagelin, or Fast? I doubt any of them will be superstars although for some reason I get visions of JT Miller from what I hear about Othmann. But can these guys be on the level of those guys. Not superstars but either great complimentary players or even a guy like Cally who I'd say was more than that?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
With guys like Othmann, Berard, Sykora, and Cuylle. Is it possible we get guys like Cally, Dubi, Anisimov, Hagelin, or Fast? I doubt any of them will be superstars although for some reason I get visions of JT Miller from what I hear about Othmann. But can these guys be on the level of those guys. Not superstars but either great complimentary players or even a guy like Cally who I'd say was more than that?
If they all develop properly I can see that. ,Edstrom and or Rempe the next Brian Boyle.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah totally. There's definitely quality middle-six potential there. Like you said, not really a lot of star power, but a lot of energy and sandpaper mixed with "that will play" levels of skill.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The problem will be if Kakko and Lafreniere don't develop into stars, they'll have no one to compliment. Particularly if our veterans are in decline by the time they're ready to fill those roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad