Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Scanlin played most of last year and his first season when he came out of college on the right side. He can go either way. The Pack are short on right shot defensemen so he slides over. No PP time but usually starts the PK. Not a lot of offense but he made a nice pass to Brodzinski to give him a chance.

I don't understand the scratching of Trivigno but having it be on the home opener is a lousy way to treat a kid who had several offers and chose the Rangers because he wanted to play for his home team.
I must be experiencing a senior moment. I remember Jones playing the second half on the right side but not Scanlin?
Trivigno is a head scratcher. Last year he was not always in the lineup during the regular season when I thought there were other players who deserved to sit but at least Knoblaugh played him in all the playoff games.

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Brodz from Sykora and Nash. 2-0 Hartford.
Nash makes an excellent steal at the red line and passes to Sykora. Sykora passes to Brodzinski and when the penguins defenseman tried to stop the pass and misses Brodzinski walks in and beats the goalie.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I must be experiencing a senior moment. I remember Jones playing the second half on the right side but not Scanlin?
Trivigno is a head scratcher. Last year he was not always in the lineup during the regular season when I thought there were other players who deserved to sit but at least Knoblaugh played him in all the playoff games.
Jones did play some right D but Scanlin played on the right side with Hillman his partner.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Not sure to say if that was a dangerous or nice pass from Sykora?
If that pass is picked off(and almost was) it’s a breakaway for Wilkes-Barre Scranton.
If the pass connects it's a nice pass and if it is intercepted it's dangerous! There wasn't a lot of room but he got it through to Brodzinski.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pack have a different vibe this year. The last time they had any kind of really positive vibe was Shesterkin's first year, and even then you kind of felt like once he left it might fall apart (it did). This team feels like one that should be highly competitive all year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Fans are so stupid. They threw stuff on the ice earlier after a goal. Mackey scored an unassisted empty-netter and more fans threw stuff, so the refs gave the Wolfpack a penalty. Then Edstrom scored a SH empty-netter and fans again threw stuff on the ice. Idiots. Cops are taking people out.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Over 7000 attendance, which is very good by Hartford standards.
Yeah the market for Hartford hockey has dried up in the past decade with the Wolf Pack being ass. But they still have a lot of big hockey fans in the region and if Hartford puts out a good product they will draw decent crowds for sure.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
They need to call Othmann up ASAP, we need his spunk and attitude. I would release/cut/waive Vesey bring Othmann up. My lines would be
Laffy - Mika - Kappo
Panarin - Chytil - Othmann
Cuylle - Trochek - Goodrow
Kreider - Bonino - Wheeler
extra forward Pitlick

Reasoning is Kreider does all his damage on special teams and Mika differs to him too much. Put Laffy with him so Laffy and KK who seem to be pass first can feed Mika for his shot. Put Othmann with Panarin to take advantage of his one timer off Panarin passes and let him bring his energy and youthful enthousism to that line. Cuylle, Tro and Goody to forecheck, take the body and get the puck deep. Then Kreider, Wheeler and Bonino the old goat line.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
They need to call Othmann up ASAP, we need his spunk and attitude. I would release/cut/waive Vesey bring Othmann up. My lines would be
Laffy - Mika - Kappo
Panarin - Chytil - Othmann
Cuylle - Trochek - Goodrow
Kreider - Bonino - Wheeler
extra forward Pitlick
Respectfully disagree
To me, this is short sighted, and reflects urgency that's not there yet.
Discards a useful asset unneccessarily.
Attrition will hit the lineup, as happens to all teams every season
And very game in AHL only makes Othmann more ready, should he be the 1st F recalled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad