Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Meltzer's quality of work has gone downhill since he started working for the Flyers. It's understandable since he isn't allowed to really be as honest as he used to be

Still better than Timmy P though
Meltzer is a great writer and knows hockey. The problem with him these days is that he is a shill for the Flyers organization. I'd still take him over anyone else who covers the team though.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do you have that clip of Hak trying to be hip and ending the conference pointing to one side? I think he says s/t like "right, I leave this way".
Haven't seen that in a while. Him trying to be relatable and cool made me want to assault him more than ever. :laugh:

eo3XOqc.gif

tenor.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You can’t blame the guy. The honest truth is if we were all in that position we would be doing it too.

I don’t blame him but at the same time I don’t blame someone else calling it for what it is. Other than whatever gets posted here it’s not like I follow the guy or read his articles anymore as it became too predictable.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Although this is good news, I can see him clearing waivers and haunting us oncen again f*** you Mr. Horse Tail

Annnnnnndddddd how did he get put on waivers before Mr. 3.5 Grams?

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Or I wonder if it’s because of Morin...

Fletcher has to keep Morin up (other than a conditioning stint) so maybe he doesn’t want both of them playing their first handful of games in such close proximity?

I guess that’s kinda understandable.

He should have already called Myers up weeks ago so he could get a bunch of games in before Morin comes off IR.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
No team is going to take on MacDonald's contract. With Weise there's at least a chance.

People act like Myers is going to stay in the minors forever. He's 21. It's not like time is running against him. Relax.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No team is going to take on MacDonald's contract. With Weise there's at least a chance.

People act like Myers is going to stay in the minors forever. He's 21. It's not like time is running against him. Relax.
It's not about this year. It's about him getting in 7 weeks of games before the deadline, so that those games are banked and then Morin can be eased in too in March and part of April. So that Myers can have 30+ games of experience so he fully knows what next years games will be like.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's not about this year. It's about him getting in 7 weeks of games before the deadline, so that those games are banked and then Morin can be eased in too in March and part of April. So that Myers can have 30+ games of experience so he fully knows what next years games will be like.
I mean, sure, that would be ideal. We'll see. There's still half a season to play. Maybe he'll get 10-20 games this year. That should be enough to know what to expect next year, no?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He should have already called Myers up weeks ago so he could get a bunch of games in before Morin comes off IR.
To play devils advocate...

That wouldn't make much of a difference because it'd still only be a small handful of games before Morin came in. It would still be two super new players starting at roughly the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad