Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I will never understand the emphasis on & complaining about “mentors” by so many fans. It’s nonsensical.

1. What, you can’t have any below average players on your team because they will ruin younger players’ development? Please.... & good luck crafting a team of all above-average players.

2. Only good players can be good mentors? Strange, since many of the best coaches have been lousy players, & many of the best players have been lousy coaches.

3. What are the coaches there for if younger players have to rely on veterans for learning how to play the game?

This emphasis on “mentors” is a bunch of exaggerated nonsense. Face it, people hate their whipping boys & love creating as many ways to bash them as possible.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
He isn't getting claimed

I claim he both sucks and blows.

IMG_0180.JPG

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given the comments of Patrick and Laughton, the younger players liked and looked up to Weise.
This shouldn't be a shock, a journeyman is likely to be more in tuned to the struggles of young players than a highly talented player who never had to worry about a roster spot.
And from all accounts, Weise was generous with his time and attention, giving the kids a sounding board and a support system.

Does chemistry matters?
Did you watch the Timberwolves play the Sixers?
Timberwolves are a highly talented team with multiple high draft picks, just like the Sixers, some experienced veterans and zero team chemistry.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I will never understand the emphasis on & complaining about “mentors” by so many fans. It’s nonsensical.

1. What, you can’t have any below average players on your team because they will ruin younger players’ development? Please.... & good luck crafting a team of all above-average players.

2. Only good players can be good mentors? Strange, since many of the best coaches have been lousy players, & many of the best players have been lousy coaches.

3. What are the coaches there for if younger players have to rely on veterans for learning how to play the game?

This emphasis on “mentors” is a bunch of exaggerated nonsense. Face it, people hate their whipping boys & love creating as many ways to bash them as possible.

If Weise was used as a 12th/13th forward and NOT ON the PK that would be fine.

We have also had to endure his overuse by Hak to the point we are all just sick of his face at this point. It's sports PTSD.

Reactions: Angry Hockey Dad

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Given the comments of Patrick and Laughton, the younger players liked and looked up to Weise.
This shouldn't be a shock, a journeyman is likely to be more in tuned to the struggles of young players than a highly talented player who never had to worry about a roster spot.
And from all accounts, Weise was generous with his time and attention, giving the kids a sounding board and a support system.

Does chemistry matters?
Did you watch the Timberwolves play the Sixers?
Timberwolves are a highly talented team with multiple high draft picks, just like the Sixers, some experienced veterans and zero team chemistry.
They look upto him in the sense they see how a shitty player can still get a decent paycheque in this league no matter how bad he is

Reactions: DaphneLion

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Agree, used as a 12/13 forward with ZERO Special teams play and could of been manageable.
Not really, he is awful and there were 12 better players on the roster this whole time plus as we learned from pbp guys he is a sulky turd sandwich who feels like 4th line role is beneath him. He honestly should be waived a long time ago instead of bringing the room down. thanks hexy

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Frankly given the space we have i wasn't in much of a rush to move on from weiss. Hextalls biggest mistake and i think they may have been a bit blind to how bad he was. Should be a nice nhl comparable down in lehigh.

Fletch is definitely making room on the roster but for what? Trades? Call ups? Or is this addition by subtraction?

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
The Flyers play 16 games between their break on Sunday...and the end of February. Add in that he should have been brought up 2 weeks ago...that's another 8 games Myers could have played.

So Myers could have played 20-24 games before Morin is likely to play any games with us once the rosters get expanded.

Morin has had no impact on Myers being recalled....especially when we ran with 6 Dmen for 2 weeks tempting fate for an injury.

Would it have anything to do with the next expansion draft and not having to protect him?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Frankly given the space we have i wasn't in much of a rush to move on from weiss. Hextalls biggest mistake and i think they may have been a bit blind to how bad he was. Should be a nice nhl comparable down in lehigh.

Fletch is definitely making room on the roster but for what? Trades? Call ups? Or is this addition by subtraction?
He is doing additions and subtractions.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Would it have anything to do with the next expansion draft and not having to protect him?
That only works in some weird situation that there's absolutely no tape of him playing, and Seattle doesn't want a mystery box so they select someone else. It effectively kills his mojo for another 2 years, waiting until after the draft to begin his NHL career, in what would be his D+7 year.*

The shenanigans of this guy not playing are not Entry Draft related.

*check the math, it's probably wrong, but closely approximate

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Hexy definitely saw some jvr in him when he brought him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad