Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Just hope Patrick’s eventual choice in a life partner is better than his judgement on teammates.

IMG_0289.JPG

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weise is under contract for another year so if someone claims him the Flyers are off the hook for next season. If him being gone opens up a spot for someone like Frost then it's not a scrub for scrub move. Either way, is there a downside to waiving Weise or are you just being a contrarian to sound like an outside the box thinker?

I also have no idea what made you go off on a tangent about trading prospects and "win now" moves in a thread about waiving a 30 year old 4th liner.

The only downside has been the last 6 years we simply replaced scrubs with scrubs.
The problem was never the scrubs, it was the lack of young talent (and cap room) to replace them with better players.

Whether this happened now or in a month, it was obvious that a lot of players are going to be moved out, some LHV players promoted, some NHL ready prospects probably obtained in trades, and more available in March/April when juniors/college seasons end.

So to me Weise getting waived is like Weal getting traded, no big deal, the handwriting was already on the wall.
Wake me up when Fletcher makes a meaningful move that changes the complexion of this team!

Reactions: hatcher

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
There's what 2, maybe 3 decent writers in this city that cover the Flyers?

Charlie being one, if you count Meltzer that's 2. I think Anthony M is decent as well.

Meltzer's quality of work has gone downhill since he started working for the Flyers. It's understandable since he isn't allowed to really be as honest as he used to be

Still better than Timmy P though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad