Value of: Hanifin to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bond

May 10, 2012
I mean...he has objectively played really well. Call it whatever you want it is just the truth lol
I am not saying that he for sure sucks and is a bust. He might work out but I think the Flames can get a better prospect than him if they go that route. Let's see what his stats look like halfway through his season.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Cowen + 2024 1st top 10 protected for Hanifin?

if Jarnkrok needs to be added and Hanifin needs 50% retention then Toronto adds Flames choice of Minton or Robertson.

hanafin (50%) for Jarnkrok + Cowen + Minton + 2024 1st

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Magic Man

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

if Jarnkrok needs to be added and Hanifin needs 50% retention then Toronto adds Flames choice of Minton or Robertson.

That’s disgustingly bad for the Leafs.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That’s disgustingly bad for the Leafs.
Then don’t ask for guys you can’t afford to acquire.

Aim lower. You have a weak farm system. Jarnkrok is a negative value Contract.

or just Hanafin for Cowen + 2024 1st. But won’t work with your lack of cap space.

Reactions: Bond

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Oh my God lol show me a comparative deal to help make this make sense.

I don't see Hanifin landing 2 or 3 1sts (or prospects of equivalent value). Jarnkrok doesn't make up that value difference, and I am not even sure a guy with 20g for 2m is going to be looked at as this expensive cap anchor.

Hanifin doesn't want to be here, so it's a moot point. He's going to the US imo.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
What’s with this narrative that we aren’t willing to give anything of value?

We’ve put our future 1st and 3 of our top 4 prospects.

Muzzin at 2 years got essentially a first, grundstrom and durzi. So I guess 1st and a 2 2nds

Why the hell would Hanafin at 1 less year get more than any 1 of cowan, minten, Robertson + 1st when all of them are much better prospects than the former from the trade.

You just aren’t getting nylander for him 1 for 1, y’all are adding

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Oh my God lol show me a comparative deal to help make this make sense.
You want to dump a bad contract like Jarnkrok, you’ll need to add.

Cowen + 2024 1st For hanafin. I could show you plenty of trades like that. But won’t fit your cap space.

You should worry about your own team buddy.
You’re clearly not worried about your counterparty here. Toronto doesn’t have much to horsetrade with to get a Hanafin.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Cowen + 2024 1st For hanafin. I could show you plenty of traded like that.
Cowan might be our Coronato. Would you be happy trading Coronato + 1st for a Hanifin quality player? I don't buy it.

You will probably get some better offers down south, where he's more likely to re sign. Someone like Anaheim who has more assets. Maybe they just wait and see if he hits UFA, though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Cowan might be our Coronato. Would you be happy trading Coronato + 1st for a Hanifin quality player? I don't buy it.

You will probably get some better offers down south, where he's more likely to re sign. Someone like Anaheim who has more assets.
It won’t cost less. Hanafin is a legit number 3. It’s not supposed to make Toronto happy. It’s supposed to satisfy the Flames GM. Sheesh. didn’t think that obvious point needed to be said.

And Coronato > Cowen.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It won’t cost less. Hanafin is a legit number 3. It’s not supposed to make Toronto happy. It’s supposed to satisfy the Flames GM. Sheesh.

And Coronato > Cowen.
I think you will get the 1st, or the prospect, but I don't think you will get both.

My expectation is CGY gets a Hampus Lindholm type package, but a little less.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
seriously-laugh.gif

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think you will get the 1st, or the prospect, but I don't think you will get both.

My expectation is CGY gets a Hampus Lindholm type package, but a little less.
Lol Cowan for Hanifin 1 for 1 and on the same level as Coronato. I love the early days of a new 1st round pick. Instantly overrated

Reactions: LeProspector

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Lol Cowan for Hanifin 1 for 1 and on the same level as Coronato. I love the early days of a new 1st round pick. Instantly overrated
Nobody said 1 for 1, and nobody said D+1 Cowan = D+3 Coronato, I said he "might be our Coronato", which means a top 6 prospect after a couple years of development.

But hey, lying for likes is a strategy many take on here

Bond

May 10, 2012
Nobody said 1 for 1, and nobody said D+1 Cowan = D+3, I said he "might be our Coronato", which means a top 6 prospect after a couple years of development.
You directly equated to trading Cowan for Hanifin as trading Coronato for Hanifin. Pick a lane lol

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
we should go after
No one is acquiring a 4th liner making $2.1mm/ per for the next three seasons. That’s a bad contract. Won’t be easy to dump. You can sign better players on one year deals for under $1mm.
Jarnkrok is far from a bad contract, if he was on the market we would have multiple offers

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You didn’t need to give examples of how everything good was off limits.
these are rental players, they just don't fetch blue chippers like Knies or legit star roster talent like Nylander

that like really bad........... cowan+Benoit+1st for Hanifin@50% at the deadline is what I would expect

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
these are rental players, they just don't fetch blue chippers like Knies or legit star roster talent like Nylander

that like really bad........... cowan+Benoit+1st for Hanifin@50% at the deadline is what I would expect
Your trade makes sense to me. I’d agree with it from a value perspective.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Lol, you wish.
It's not a wish - I really don't care one way or the other. It's just a name a friend of mine who works at Scotiabank Arena told me. I'm not claiming it as a rumour or anything - just something that came up over beers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad