Value of: Hanifin to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The question would be Nylander or Hanifin and the way Nylander is playing right now I am not sure that makes them a better team. More balanced, but not better IMO
Hanifin for Nylander wouldn't even cross my mind.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Offer starts with Matthew Knies and a 2026 first.

I mean I hate this but it is absolutely a fair offer. Trade a young promising forward and a first for an established top pairing D in his prime.

Of course he would need an extension, and then of course the issue of making the cap work as Toronto cannot absorb his full salary.

My guess is a third team is involved and retains 50% of his current deal and we send back some cap to cover what is needed to the Flames.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
If you’re gonna stat watch, at least do it right.

Cowan is 5th in team scoring, but he’s played 6 games vs everyone else at 11. He’s #1 in points per game, and anyone who actually watches the Knights this year knows that he’s their top player.
Oh, sorry. He's a superstar.

• Haha
Reactions: Phion Keneuf

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
No one is acquiring a 4th liner making $2.1mm/ per for the next three seasons. That’s a bad contract. Won’t be easy to dump. You can sign better players on one year deals for under $1mm.

He scored 20 goals last year and is on pace for 35 points this year while being one of our best defensive forwards.

This is where I say.. Watch the games

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Don't hold your breath waiting for that offer.

There is no deal here.
No deal then, unless you Swap Knies with Cowan and a second.

Knies will probably never be as good as Hanafin is now (top pairing/top line player) and the first is magic beans.

You have to give to get. Prospects and young players are always overrated around these parts.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Knies will probably never be as good as Hanafin is now (top pairing/top line player) and the first is magic beans.

You have to give to get. Prospects and young players are always overrated around these parts.
Yeah, that is what the poster said. No deal.

Reactions: TS Quint

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

I have a feeling there will be a trade between the Leafs and the Flames but no clue if its Tanev, Zadarov or Hanifin
expecting Cowan or Minten to be in the deal plus 1st and a small sweetener if its Hanifin and no clue if its just picks or a prospect like Voit and picks for Zadarov or Tanev.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Toronto Maple Leafs
Nikita Zadorov
Dillion Dubé
AJ Greer
Daniel Vladar

Calgary Flames
Tyler Bertuzzi
Jake McCabe
Ryan Reaves
Dennis Hildeby

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Nope. No way

Toronto is not offering anything of value for Hanifin. f*** that.

Calgary just needs to keep him. We don’t want him at any cost.
I get not wanting to deal Knies but why the lack of interest in Hanifin?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
You want to dump a bad contract like Jarnkrok, you’ll need to add.

Cowen + 2024 1st For hanafin. I could show you plenty of trades like that. But won’t fit your cap space.

You’re clearly not worried about your counterparty here. Toronto doesn’t have much to horsetrade with to get a Hanafin.
Remember when you were claiming that Lafferty was a negative value contract the Leafs would have to add to “dump”. What happened there?

Now you’ve moved on to Jarnkrok lol. Troll account.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I mean I hate this but it is absolutely a fair offer. Trade a young promising forward and a first for an established top pairing D in his prime.

Of course he would need an extension, and then of course the issue of making the cap work as Toronto cannot absorb his full salary.

My guess is a third team is involved and retains 50% of his current deal and we send back some cap to cover what is needed to the Flames.

Eh, prospects at Knies' level generally don't go for rentals - especially now that he looks like he's close to establishing himself as a legit top 9 NHLer as a rookie. And youd likely won't see retention if there's an extension involved.

The teams next 1st could likely be in play for him though

Reactions: leafsfan5

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
You directly equated to trading Cowan for Hanifin as trading Coronato for Hanifin. Pick a lane lol
I said Cowan could be our Coronato, and he can. He's having a great start to his OHL campaign, and the staff loves him. WOuld you have traded Coronato D+1 for a 2nd pairing Dman who didn't want to play in Canada?

This will be fun to look back on if Coronato and Cowan end up being comparable players. So much overconfidence from you.

Also lol to Flames fans asking for Nylander. Y'all are delusional.

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
To Toronto
Kadri
Hanifin
To Calgary
Taveras
McCabe
Dollars are close and Tre really loves Kadri. Just look at the deal he signed him to.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Hanifin is going to re-sign. Even if the Flames re-tool, you need decent defense to support the younger forwards and potentially Dustin Wolf.

Tanev or Zadorov makes way more sense. For both teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namikaze Minato

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lindholm (who many thought was declining), got a 1st, 2 2nds, a former 18OA B prospect and a small cup dump.

Hanifin will cost more than you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad