Proposal: Hampus Lindholm to the Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Drafted and developed*

Honestly may still take Lindholm if I had a choice between the two of them at 18 again.
Crazy because Lindholm feels like he has been in the league forever and he is only a year older then Theodore.
It's interesting question, who is the best D Ducks have drafted? They're both fantastic players.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Stan Bowman isn't in the league anymore. You're not getting that. You might get 2 firsts or 1 first and one of those prospects if he agrees to extension at time of trade, but even that seems a bit high. Without extension you'll likely get 1st and lesser prospect (someone like Peterson or Dickinson), at best.
And I don't mean this to denigrate him. He is heckuva player. And maybe someone else pays more, but DA's MO is pretty clear at this point and he isn't going to pay the price that some have suggested.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's interesting question, who is the best D Ducks have drafted? They're both fantastic players.
They are such different players stylistically… either way giving up Theodore to take stoner was a giant mistake

in a comparison lindholm won’t get as much love, but when he’s healthy I think he’s as impactful as Theodore , just in a different way

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Relax. I never said that is the price or that is what the Blues HAVE to pay. I'm just saying that on either side of this scenario I would rather have an extended Lindholm.

He is the best defensemen the Ducks have ever drafted. He is the best player on the Ducks. He is a legit top pairing defensemen and he is only 27.
Those don't come around very often.
I appreciate how valuable he is to you. If I were a Duck fan I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't extend. This whole discussion takes place in a world where he isn't doing that and Anaheim management knows it.

Hypothetical. Let's say Tarasenko, who is only 29 and is a legit top line forward and one of the best players the Blues have ever drafted, still wants to be traded. Suppose he's got 25g, 25a by the 2/3 mark of the season and it's clear to all observers he is over his injuries with a vengeance (say, like Lindholm).

Should the Blues expect three firsts, or two firsts and a team's top prospect? I wouldn't expect it. So as long as you would say yes both players being worth that then you're being consistent. In case Tarasenko having the extra year is cited, I'd argue that's got as many pros as cons comparatively and may make him worth more.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I appreciate how valuable he is to you. If I were a Duck fan I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't extend. This whole discussion takes place in a world where he isn't doing that and Anaheim management knows it.

Hypothetical. Let's say Tarasenko, who is only 29 and is a legit top line forward and one of the best players the Blues have ever drafted, still wants to be traded. Suppose he's got 25g, 25a by the 2/3 mark of the season and it's clear to all observers he is over his injuries with a vengeance (say, like Lindholm).

Should the Blues expect three firsts, or two firsts and a team's top prospect? I wouldn't expect it. So as long as you would say yes both players being worth that then you're being consistent. In case Tarasenko having the extra year is cited, I'd argue that's got as many pros as cons comparatively and may make him worth more.

I never said I’m expecting it. I personally would pull the trigger if I were the Blues and go for another cup.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

IMO, you win cups with a Lindholm type player and you win the regular season with a Theo type player. Obviously a bit of an exaggeration but I think people can get the point. Health is obviously always a concern for Lindholm. f***ing barstool Bob.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
They are such different players stylistically… either way giving up Theodore to take stoner was a giant mistake

in a comparison lindholm won’t get as much love, but when he’s healthy I think he’s as impactful as Theodore , just in a different way

Theodore is a fine player - historically awful trade for the ducks. But Theodore also benefits from playing in the perfect system and with skilled players that accentuate his strengths and hide his weaknesses - his numbers are clearly elevated because of that. Lindholm has managed to be elite on some pretty bad teams, playing the toughest minutes. Theodore is sheltered.

Don't get me wrong - I'd want Theodore on my team. I just think he's a bit overrated because of where he plays.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad