Proposal: Hampus Lindholm to the Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
He’s never struck me as a player that sees $$$, I think job security is prob more important… years/nmc and obviously a chance to play meaningful games

if he thinks Anaheim is heading in right direction I can see him resigning here, obviously blues are well on their way

Armstrong won't do NMC's (see Pietrangelo) but he doles out NTC's.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
He's worth a 1st+

People need to look at what rentals fetch. They don't return core pieces, they don't return blue chip prospects (the vast majority of the time).

He a solid dman who'd quite easily get a couple teams offering a 1st round pick at the deadline. His value is around a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick or A/B grade prospect
I don't see the Blues wanting him as a rental. There might have to be conditions on the + but Armstrong's style is to get permission to talk to agents and know what he's buying. An offer of 8x6.5M would almost automatically follow.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If Lindholm doesn't sign here, chances are it's because of term/future of the team. Ducks should try to maximize his value, retain 50% for this season and let the other team negotiate a new contract he'd sign right after he's dealt.

Reactions: PocketNines

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Lindholm doesn't sign here, chances are it's because of term/future of the team. Ducks should try to maximize his value, retain 50% for this season and let the other team negotiate a new contract he'd sign right after he's dealt.
This would be the preferred route for the Blues and letting them discuss extension terms would maximize the return. Blues would happily pay more to get the right core piece of whom they're sure.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
This would be the preferred route for the Blues and letting them discuss extension terms would maximize the return. Blues would happily pay more to get the right core piece of whom they're sure.

Yeah, probably the best move for both teams unless Lindholm would be willing to be traded and then re-sign in the summer. Ducks need more than just depth/second line guys. They're really lacking in high end talent and goal scoring. Losing Lindholm means losing their only top pair D (currently), but if it means getting a future top line/pair player, it might be worth it.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Scott Perunovich is a Hobey Baker winning, multiple NCAA championship winning, Torey Krug deployment type who has started out with 9pts in 5 games to lead the AHL in scoring. Isn't particularly hyped because he had a lost year last year with injury. Will get callup time likely sooner rather than later. Played well enough in camp to make the team but was waiver exempt and that plus him getting #1 minutes coming off of injury is important for his pro development. The only reason he might be available is the Blues being locked into Krug with his NTC.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I would be fairly comfortable paying a 1st + Bolduc/Kostin/Alexandrov as well as a conditional pick based on either playoff performance or whether or not he would re-sign.

Realistically I could see something along the lines of:

Alexandrov + 1st + cond2/3/4 based on playoff performance + a conditional 1st for next season if Lindholm extends with us with retention from Anaheim to have us be able to fit him under the cap at the deadline as being a pretty beneficial deal for both sides (barring of course they can’t reach an extension in Anaheim)

I think the only “prospects” I wouldn’t be okay with moving would be Perunovich or Neighbors in a deal for Lindholm.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would be fairly comfortable paying a 1st + Bolduc/Kostin/Alexandrov as well as a conditional pick based on either playoff performance or whether or not he would re-sign.

Realistically I could see something along the lines of:

Alexandrov + 1st + cond2/3/4 based on playoff performance + a conditional 1st for next season if Lindholm extends with us with retention from Anaheim to have us be able to fit him under the cap at the deadline as being a pretty beneficial deal for both sides (barring of course they can’t reach an extension in Anaheim)

I think the only “prospects” I wouldn’t be okay with moving would be Perunovich or Neighbors in a deal for Lindholm.
I like the idea of

1st + Bolduc/Kostin/Perunovich are my preferences in that order.

the alexandrov idea is somewhat interesting, out of curiosity what are some of the blues others needs? with the playoff conditions.

I think the extension condition is fine, i feel like those 1sts will be the least of the blues worries if they sign lindholm long term.

Out of curiosity... do you think Tarasenko/ROR are prob gone by the ends of their contracts?

Reactions: BleedBlue14

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I like the idea of

the alexandrov idea is somewhat interesting, out of curiosity what are some of the blues others needs? with the playoff conditions.

I think the extension condition is fine, i feel like those 1sts will be the least of the blues worries if they sign lindholm long term.

Out of curiosity... do you think Tarasenko/ROR are prob gone by the ends of their contracts?
I don't think Tarasenko makes it to the end of his contract with the Blues, just due to the fact he's stated he wants to be traded. RoR will most likely stay past his contract.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I like the idea of

Maybe a backup goalie. But not likely. We help depth in all areas, strong down the middle. An upgrade at on the left side is all that is really needed - and at this point, every team has holes so, I don't think it is a glaring issue.

Tarasenko, we are hoping he plays out the year and then we move him in the offseason. I would prefer him to play out his contact, but we will see. After that, then I expect him to move on.

ROR I expect the blues to sign him to an 8 year deal and to finish out his time in St. Louis. He is part of the core.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I like the idea of

Only need is top 4 LHD that is of the 2-way or defensive mindset. Basically, upgrade Scandella.

Tarasenko is likely gone either at some point this season or this upcoming summer. Ideally if he plays well, it's the summer, but if we get a good offer, I think Army takes it. ROR hopefully extends, but really comes down to if he's willing or if he wants to cash in. I always thought Petro would inevitably sign an extension, and we saw how that went.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I like the idea of

If Tarasenko would leave the situation he's in and waive his NTC go to rebuilding Anaheim we'd offer him straight across for Lindholm and maybe add a conditional pick if Lindholm re-signs. Tarasenko looks really good to start this year. In addition to a goal and 3 assists in 4 games, he's had a couple breakaways and has looked generally engaged and dangerous, making power moves with confidence. It's great to see. If Seattle knew this was what Tarasenko was, they'd have taken him. But also the Blues would have protected him.

ROR will likely follow a Bergeron track and the Blues will prioritize him among the tough choices they will have to make.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Only need is top 4 LHD that is of the 2-way or defensive mindset. Basically, upgrade Scandella.

Tarasenko is likely gone either at some point this season or this upcoming summer. Ideally if he plays well, it's the summer, but if we get a good offer, I think Army takes it. ROR hopefully extends, but really comes down to if he's willing or if he wants to cash in. I always thought Petro would inevitably sign an extension, and we saw how that went.
Ya i ws shocked to see Petro leave tbh... i was at the vegas vs blues game the other night and it still feels weird seeing Petro in a non blues jersey(specially when they were playing the blues)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Tarasenko would leave the situation he's in and waive his NTC go to rebuilding Anaheim we'd offer him straight across for Lindholm and maybe add a conditional pick if Lindholm re-signs. Tarasenko looks really good to start this year. In addition to a goal and 3 assists in 4 games, he's had a couple breakaways and has looked generally engaged and dangerous, making power moves with confidence. It's great to see. If Seattle knew this was what Tarasenko was, they'd have taken him. But also the Blues would have protected him.

ROR will likely follow a Bergeron track and the Blues will prioritize him among the tough choices they will have to make.
Oh lol i was thinking more on the idea of a 3 way trade, where Tarasenko gets moved to a team like the Isles, and the ducks retain on him. I might have just been over thinking a ton tho.

Blues : Lindholm + Rakell
Ducks: Kostin + Isles 1st + Blues 1st + Prospect
Islanders: Tarasenko(50% retained by anaheim)

But i think that is getting too complicated, and better off doing lindholm alone/rakell alone.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Without an extension in place...

Blues in: Lindholm (50% retained)

Ducks in: 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, Barbashev or Sundqvist (for cap purposes)

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Without an extension in place...

Blues in: Lindholm (50% retained)

Ducks in: 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, Sundqvist (for cap purposes)
Easy, easy no. Way too much w/o an extension, setting aside they wouldn't ship out a hugely playoff valuable Sundqvist in the first place.

Lindholm is a player you acquire in order to make a part of your core group, and it's to Anaheim's benefit to let an acquiring team talk extension so as to maximize return value.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Easy, easy no. Way too much w/o an extension, setting aside they wouldn't ship out a hugely playoff valuable Sundqvist in the first place.

Lindholm is a player you acquire in order to make a part of your core group, and it's to Anaheim's benefit to let an acquiring team talk extension so as to maximize return value.

Sundqvist had 1 point in 9 playoff games in 2020...

The Blues would have to include enough outgoing salary to make the cap work, so who do you propose replace Sundqvist in my proposal?

The only other player that came to mind was Barbashev...

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Oh lol i was thinking more on the idea of a 3 way trade, where Tarasenko gets moved to a team like the Isles, and the ducks retain on him. I might have just been over thinking a ton tho.

Blues : Lindholm + Rakell
Ducks: Kostin + Isles 1st + Blues 1st + Prospect
Islanders: Tarasenko(50% retained by anaheim)

But i think that is getting too complicated, and better off doing lindholm alone/rakell alone.
We really just need the one LD piece. You'd also get more selling Rakell elsewhere.

Armstrong looks likely to be in position to comfortably set the asking price for Tarasenko at 1st + nice prospect and he'd probably ship east. As great as he's playing the Blues probably have enough offense this season and they will soon need to give raises to players like Perron, Kyrou, Thomas and probably Barbashev. Tarasenko departing before any Lindholm trade is why Scandella wouldn't have to go back this year, but instead would more likely be shipped out for cap space in the summer. I think Armstrong always likes to have lots of NHL defensive depth in a real run.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

The Blues would have to include enough outgoing salary to make the cap work, so who do you propose replace Sundqvist in my proposal?

Scandella. Sunny and Barbie are both critical bottom 6 forwards.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

So your argument is the Blues should value him based on a bubble experience when the entire team was wildly off, and not the player who was invaluable to a 2019 Cup run? I'm skeptical!

I would not amend your proposal because, again, your proposal is a rental only pricing and that's not what the Blues would be interested in with Lindholm. Instead, I would assume that unless one of the bigger contracts has landed on LTIR they would look at moving Tarasenko in a separate deal if Lindholm was going to be available to create the cap space.

Yes, on the surface Scandella makes sense but Armstrong has shown a willingness time and again to add veteran defensemen for playoff pushes and I think he would opt to move Tarasenko to create the space rather than subtract an NHL caliber defenseman.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I have thought from the beginning that the value of Lindholm is going to come down to whether or not he wants to test UFA. If he doesn't, he re-signs with the Ducks and there is no discussion to be had. If he does, he hits the market as a pure rental at the TDL which history tells us would hurt the value coming back but the Ducks would be foolish to not get anything for him. It is a bit of double edged sword.

I personally have been very vocal about wanting to acquire him at the TDL this year and would also be very interested in extending him.

With an agreed on extension beforehand I would do a 1st + Kostin. It would hurt, a lot because I love Kostin but we need a Lindholm more than a Kostin IMO. Without an extension the best I would offer would be a 1st + B prospect like Alexandrov.
I think if Ducks are short they would got back either Walman or Mikkola. Or it could be under discussion Perunovich which would suck.

I don't know much about Lindholm, but if he is truly Ducks 1 go to dmen it will cost a lot no matter it's rental or extended.

I wouldn't want Army do any rental moves at TDL. Has to be extended before trading or 110% sure he will extend after season is over.

So Kostin + Walman/Mikkola + pick.

Or

Kostin + Perunovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad