Proposal: Hampus Lindholm to the Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
He is the most underrated player on the ducks. I don’t really want to move him because he is doing wonders playing alongside drysdale. He is worth so so much more than a late first or two.

Reactions: bsu

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Sundqvist had 1 point in 9 playoff games in 2020...

The Blues would have to include enough outgoing salary to make the cap work, so who do you propose replace Sundqvist in my proposal?

The only other player that came to mind was Barbashev...

I hate to say it as good as Lindholm is. Moving Sunny or Barby probably hurts us as much as it would help us adding Lindholm

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I like the idea of

1st + Bolduc/Kostin/Perunovich are my preferences in that order.

the alexandrov idea is somewhat interesting, out of curiosity what are some of the blues others needs? with the playoff conditions.

I think the extension condition is fine, i feel like those 1sts will be the least of the blues worries if they sign lindholm long term.

Out of curiosity... do you think Tarasenko/ROR are prob gone by the ends of their contracts?

Tarasenko I would venture will leave if not before the contract plays out given his request to be traded. I’d be shocked if Perron or ROR are ever moved from the organization before retirement unless it’s a favor from the franchise sending them to a contender if we’re out of the fold when one of their contracts are expiring

In regards to the first + one of the higher end prospects I would highly highly doubt Perunovich is moved. That kid is a diamond in the rough to be honest. It would hurt very bad to not have him if we wouldn’t extend Lindholm in that scenario. I don’t know how the organization feels about Bolduc but I’d venture to guess Kostin would be the most likely given the log jam we have at forward and him being the oldest of the group. Me personally I’d be fine with either Bolduc or Kostin and a 1st and a conditional pick given a re-sign of Lindholm.

In the proposal I had before with Alexandrov he isn’t really a nothing prospect in his own right. He reminds me a lot of Ivan Barbashev given his draft pedigree and the style of player he is. He’s also having a pretty good start to the season in the AHL currently. However, we have so much good depth at for are right now and are sort of hurting in the LHD department I could see them moving him.

I could also see a guy like a Barbashev being someone who hi could be floated in a trade although it would really hurt to lose him. Mainly given how strong our forward group is right now and our lack of cap flexibility.

I think that if Anaheim does plan on moving Lindholm I would venture to guess the Blues would make a very strong offer for him with draft capital and some of the players that have been floated around. They seem to be fairly well lined up in terms of potential trade partners. However I’m sure there will be a boat load of teams in on Lindholm. He’s just pretty much the ideal fit for what the Blues need

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tarasenko I would venture will leave if not before the contract plays out given his request to be traded. I’d be shocked if Perron or ROR are ever moved from the organization before retirement unless it’s a favor from the franchise sending them to a contender if we’re out of the fold when one of their contracts are expiring

In regards to the first + one of the higher end prospects I would highly highly doubt Perunovich is moved. That kid is a diamond in the rough to be honest. It would hurt very bad to not have him if we wouldn’t extend Lindholm in that scenario. I don’t know how the organization feels about Bolduc but I’d venture to guess Kostin would be the most likely given the log jam we have at forward and him being the oldest of the group. Me personally I’d be fine with either Bolduc or Kostin and a 1st and a conditional pick given a re-sign of Lindholm.

In the proposal I had before with Alexandrov he isn’t really a nothing prospect in his own right. He reminds me a lot of Ivan Barbashev given his draft pedigree and the style of player he is. He’s also having a pretty good start to the season in the AHL currently. However, we have so much good depth at for are right now and are sort of hurting in the LHD department I could see them moving him.

I could also see a guy like a Barbashev being someone who hi could be floated in a trade although it would really hurt to lose him. Mainly given how strong our forward group is right now and our lack of cap flexibility.

I think that if Anaheim does plan on moving Lindholm I would venture to guess the Blues would make a very strong offer for him with draft capital and some of the players that have been floated around. They seem to be fairly well lined up in terms of potential trade partners. However I’m sure there will be a boat load of teams in on Lindholm. He’s just pretty much the ideal fit for what the Blues need
Oh definitely, I’d imagine a lot of teams would love to add him with the plan to resign him.

Personally I hope we resign him, as I see him as the most important player in the line up, I think he should be captain… and I imagine his offensive numbers will move up to the next step playing with drysdale. At this point it’s up to him tho(and management ) if he wants to stay here or not

Oct 18, 2011
True, but he is a pending UFA. That means any team has to work out an extension for the Ducks to get the value you're demanding. If he isn't signing in Anaheim then it is reasonable to assume he is going to test the free agent market. If so, his value in a trade decreases a lot.
not true, he will be one of the most highly sought after, if not the most sought after player on the market, his value will not decrease " a lot" because many teams will want him

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would be fairly comfortable paying a 1st + Bolduc/Kostin/Alexandrov as well as a conditional pick based on either playoff performance or whether or not he would re-sign.

Realistically I could see something along the lines of:

Alexandrov + 1st + cond2/3/4 based on playoff performance + a conditional 1st for next season if Lindholm extends with us with retention from Anaheim to have us be able to fit him under the cap at the deadline as being a pretty beneficial deal for both sides (barring of course they can’t reach an extension in Anaheim)

I think the only “prospects” I wouldn’t be okay with moving would be Perunovich or Neighbors in a deal for Lindholm.
Can’t put conditional pick on whether he extends.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
He's worth a 1st+

People need to look at what rentals fetch. They don't return core pieces, they don't return blue chip prospects (the vast majority of the time).

He a solid dman who'd quite easily get a couple teams offering a 1st round pick at the deadline. His value is around a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick or A/B grade prospect

Without an extension in place...

Blues in: Lindholm (50% retained)

Ducks in: 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, Barbashev or Sundqvist (for cap purposes)

What is the recent market for players traded as rentals? The top guys usually get three pieces - some get 4 (Duchene trade to Columbus). it is usually a first round pick, a top prospect, and something else.

If he's on the market, Lindholm is going to be the top rental and with retention, he's even more attractive. I don't see how Lindholm gets less than that. And if the ducks are taking salary back, then even more so.

And for the record, I think he resigns in Anaheim. Murray tends to overpay for his own guys, the ducks can offer an 8th year, and Hampus has strong roots in the community, including a sister that is here in So Cal. I think a deal gets done.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If the Ducks are in the state of a rebuild, keep the farm and pay 2 1sts. We need this guy and our window and time is now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Savard got a 1st, 3rd and 4th so Lindholm would get a whole lot more.
Hopefully. Different year means different market price tho so we don't know.

But yes, to the teams looking at Hampus, just so you know we are like past years Buffalo Sabres without him and at least adequate with him in the lineup. He IS a difference maker and we have seen it over and over with him when he has to miss games. Plus he is a goofy fun personality as a bonus for fans.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If the Ducks are in the state of a rebuild, keep the farm and pay 2 1sts. We need this guy and our window and time is now.
I assume Anaheim would want a close to nhl ready prospect + pick… 2 late firsts isn’t exactly a quick way to rebuild… we’d want a winger to hopefully play with zegs or mctavish, or center from next draft

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
not true, he will be one of the most highly sought after, if not the most sought after player on the market, his value will not decrease " a lot" because many teams will want him

I guess we'll see. I don't see him getting as much as some Duck fans insist he will.

His health is also an issue.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Probably one of the most underrated players in the entire NHL and the best Duck player by a mile.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I guess we'll see. I don't see him getting as much as some Duck fans insist he will.

His health is also an issue.
Yes, his health has been a problem. IF we don't resign him and decide to trade him – we have to hope he doesn't get into a serious injury like last year. Same with Manson. Ricky Rakell historically has had less issues with that. But I would expect we retain 1 or 2 of them.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Savard got a 1st, 3rd and 4th so Lindholm would get a whole lot more.
A 1st and one of the Blues' top prospects is better than a 1st, a 3d and a 4th, and that's because the Blues wouldn't trade any of their top prospects for a 3d+4th nor should they.

If Lindholm indicates to the Blues he would not extend with them, the Blues are just not going to give you a 1st and a top prospect for him, full stop. It would be like the Savard deal and no, Lindholm would not get "a whole lot more" if he's a rental. Rentals are one-shot deals. It really makes no sense if you want to maximize value not to let him talk extension with an acquiring club.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
my guess is... if the Blues really wants him, they're mortgaging the future and offering 2 first (2022+2024) and J.Neighbors/Z.Bolduc

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
my guess is... if the Blues really wants him, they're mortgaging the future and offering 2 first (2022+2024) and J.Neighbors/Z.Bolduc
Three first round picks is too much even if they had an extension in place. If the Blues are going to pay three first round picks' worth I bet they could entice Bill Armstrong to give up Chychrun.

Reactions: 67Blues

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Three first round picks is too much even if they had an extension in place. If the Blues are going to pay three first round picks' worth I bet they could entice Bill Armstrong to give up Chychrun.

I would rather have and extended Lindholm then 2 last 1sts and Neighbors and the Ducks aren't even contending.
If I were in the Blues situation I would forsure do 2 1sts and a good prospect for an extended Lindholm. Maybe no Neighbors.

There is zero chance Arizona would move Chychrun for that.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I would rather have and extended Lindholm then 2 last 1sts and Neighbors and the Ducks aren't even contending.
If I were in the Blues situation I would forsure do 2 1sts and a good prospect for an extended Lindholm. Maybe no Neighbors.

There is zero chance Arizona would move Chychrun for that.
It really doesn't matter about Chychrun, but if the price for Lindholm is three firsts (actually two firsts and a prospect they're really excited about) then it's a flat no and it's bad thinking on your part to think you're getting that for a Lindholm who won't sign with you. You won't get it and then he will walk. Or go ask Florida or NYI for three firsts for Lindholm. There is absolutely no chance from the Blues we would do this.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
It really doesn't matter about Chychrun, but if the price for Lindholm is three firsts (actually two firsts and a prospect they're really excited about) then it's a flat no and it's bad thinking on your part to think you're getting that for a Lindholm who won't sign with you. You won't get it and then he will walk. Or go ask Florida or NYI for three firsts for Lindholm. There is absolutely no chance from the Blues we would do this.

Relax. I never said that is the price or that is what the Blues HAVE to pay. I'm just saying that on either side of this scenario I would rather have an extended Lindholm.

He is the best defensemen the Ducks have ever drafted. He is the best player on the Ducks. He is a legit top pairing defensemen and he is only 27.
Those don't come around very often.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Relax. I never said that is the price or that is what the Blues HAVE to pay. I'm just saying that on either side of this scenario I would rather have an extended Lindholm.

He is the best defensemen the Ducks have ever drafted. He is the best player on the Ducks. He is a legit top pairing defensemen and he is only 27.
Those don't come around very often.
Better than Theodore?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Stan Bowman isn't in the league anymore. You're not getting that. You might get 2 firsts or 1 first and one of those prospects if he agrees to extension at time of trade, but even that seems a bit high. Without extension you'll likely get 1st and lesser prospect (someone like Peterson or Dickinson), at best.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Better than Theodore?

Drafted and developed*

Honestly may still take Lindholm if I had a choice between the two of them at 18 again.
Crazy because Lindholm feels like he has been in the league forever and he is only a year older then Theodore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad