Rumor: Hampus Lindholm to test free agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NYI will add Forsberg and Lindholm on 7/1, Lou-sanity baby!

:sarcasm:

Jk, will get Burkovsky and Chiarot and we will like it.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
From the leafs Lindholm would be the all in move we need. If we could resign him I'd offer 2022 1st, 2023 1st, amirov, and Ritchie for Lindholm 50% retained.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The beauty is you can pair literally any type of defensemen with Lindholm and he will excel.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
What are you confused about. The insinuation is that the Ducks go through coaches as fast as Edmonton does and that's just false.
I went to 2005 because that is when the Samuelis took ownership.
No, the original comment was that Manson wouldn’t sign with the Oilers because they recycle coaches frequently. Then someone brought up that the team actually hasn’t been doing that recently, and in fact the turnover at that position has been at a similar rate in the Ducks organization.

Then you brought up a comparison from 2005 onwards as if that’s really relevant to the point being made.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
No, the original comment was that Manson wouldn’t sign with the Oilers because they recycle coaches frequently. Then someone brought up that the team actually hasn’t been doing that recently, and in fact the turnover at that position has been at a similar rate in the Ducks organization.

Then you brought up a comparison from 2005 onwards as if that’s really relevant to the point being made.

What time frame would you consider appropriate then?
10 years?
Oilers: 8
Ducks: 4

5 years?
Oilers: 4
Ducks: 3

Sure its a similar rate the smaller the sample size you make it. But the Oilers have a reputation of going through coaches like crazy. I don't know how you can make an argument that they don't.
McDavid has had 4 head coaches in 7 years.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
What time frame would you consider appropriate then?
10 years?
Oilers: 8
Ducks: 4

5 years?
Oilers: 4
Ducks: 3

Sure its a similar rate the smaller the sample size you make it. But the Oilers have a reputation of going through coaches like crazy. I don't know how you can make an argument that they don't.
McDavid has had 4 head coaches in 7 years.
Maybe in the McDavid era? Before that it’s hard to argue that the Oilers were run by even semi competent people.

McDavid has mainly had two coaches: McLellan and Tippett. Hitchcock was an interim coach because McLellan was fired mid year.

2 coaches in 6 years averages out to 1 coach every 3 years. So if the trend continues, Manson would get to play for his dad for 3 years (at least - I’m hopefully this will be our last coaching change for a while).

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
3 way trade:
Lindholm at 25% to a contender
Chychrun to Anaheim (Anaheim retains 50%)
Lindholm trade assets+prospect/player/pick from Anaheim to AZ (Yotes retain 25% of Lindholm's contract).

Just make sure the trade is to a team with no cap space in a place Hampus wouldn't want to live so he can re-sign back in Anaheim in the summer :sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This would be something I can get behind

To STL:
Lindholm(25-50% retained)

To ANA:
Chychrun

To ARI:
Scandella
Picks+prospects from both ANA/STL

To Arizona:
Blues- Blues 1st + Scott Perunovich
Ducks- Perreault + 2nd

Ducks give up Lindholm + Perreault + 2nd for Chychrun
Blues give up Perunovich + 1st + Scandella for Lindholm
Coyotes give up Chychrun for Scandella, 1st, 2nd, Perreault, Perunovich

Maybe a little bit more from blues (for scandella cap)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
More curious if Arizona would feel it was enough
I'm fairly certain Arizona would rather Neighbors than Perunovich. I'd be 100% ok with that swap. I'm not sure what they'd want from Anaheim tho.

Blues
Lindholm@50%

Anaheim
Chychrun

Arizona
Blues 1st
Neighbors
Ducks prospect
Ducks 2nd

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
To Arizona:
Blues- Blues 1st + Scott Perunovich
Ducks- Perreault + 2nd

Ducks give up Lindholm + Perreault + 2nd for Chychrun
Blues give up Perunovich + 1st + Scandella for Lindholm
Coyotes give up Chychrun for Scandella, 1st, 2nd, Perreault, Perunovich

Maybe a little bit more from blues (for scandella cap)

I feel like this is too much from the Ducks. That's our top d man and our second best forward prospect not in the NHL and a second rounder. That's 2 top prospects and First and a second for Chychrun.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly, Arizona can pick one of any of the Blues prospects and I'd be happy.
I think the blues ideally want a Center but idk if anyone will be offering a center with the upside they want.

Perreault gives them a future top 6 winger
Perunovich should be a top 4 dmen at least
1st should be 20-25
2nd should be in first half of the round

They will end up with a center with their 1st pick in this years draft(likely top 5).

Gives them 4 picks in 1st round, and i think 5 in 2nd round.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think the blues ideally want a Center but idk if anyone will be offering a center with the upside they want.

Perreault gives them a future top 6 winger
Perunovich should be a top 4 dmen at least
1st should be 20-25
2nd should be in first half of the round

They will end up with a center with their 1st pick in this years draft(likely top 5).

Gives them 4 picks in 1st round, and i think 5 in 2nd round.
Definitely fair. We need some Arizona fans in here. Lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm fairly certain Arizona would rather Neighbors than Perunovich. I'd be 100% ok with that swap. I'm not sure what they'd want from Anaheim tho.

Blues
Lindholm@50%

Anaheim
Chychrun

Arizona
Blues 1st
Neighbors
Ducks prospect
Ducks 2nd
IF they go Neighbors... i assume theyd aim at a dmen from anaheim Zellweger or Thrun prob fit(but thrun could potentially use the Fox/Schultz loophole)

Neighbors Zellweger 1st 2nd for Chychrun is really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad