Rumor: Hampus Lindholm to test free agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Florida doesn't have the cap space to give Lindholm $7,500,000 and then Huberdeau between $11,000,000 to $12,000,000 per.

Don't see Huberdeau making more than Barkov (and Bob for that matter)
He will take a pay cut to stay on a legit contender the next few years.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Don't see Huberdeau making more than Barkov (and Bob for that matter)
He will take a pay cut to stay on a legit contender the next few years.
is Florida a legit contender yet? there is a decent chance they go out first round the next two years, it is not likely any of Boston/Toronto/Florida/Tampa will have an easy first round in the next two years.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
is Florida a legit contender yet? there is a decent chance they go out first round the next two years, it is not likely any of Boston/Toronto/Florida/Tampa will have an easy first round in the next two years.

Depending on the additions made by Zito anytime now, they should be but need to prove it of course.
A rematch with Tampa with a healthy Ekblad and more depth would be must see TV.

If they're not a legit contender, they have to be first or second in line behind the velvet rope.
Barkov staying is a key thing for Huberdeau as well.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
if Lindholm goes, might as well trade Fowler and Gibson as well. no point in having those guys on the roster without Lindholm.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I vaguely remember him inferring the Ducks were being cheap during his last contract negotiations in an interview in Sweden, does anyone else remember this or am I thinking of someone else?

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
if Lindholm goes, might as well trade Fowler and Gibson as well. no point in having those guys on the roster without Lindholm.
They have Fowler on the left side. But unless they have kids who are going to be too 4 LHD to take over from Lindholm what are they going to do to fill his ice time?

I would be surprised if he didn’t want to stay but has to be prepared to move in if he doesn’t get the offer he’s looking for. Likely seeking the max term of 8 years.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
They have Fowler on the left side. But unless they have kids who are going to be too 4 LHD to take over from Lindholm what are they going to do to fill his ice time?

I would be surprised if he didn’t want to stay but has to be prepared to move in if he doesn’t get the offer he’s looking for. Likely seeking the max term of 8 years.
it doesn't matter who plays on the left side, the point is without Lindholm all the success they've had would be pointless. we're back to being a bottom feeder so we might as well move on from the two other older players who help us win. might as well tank hard if we lose Lindholm.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Just going to point out, Josh Manson's father is now an assistant coach in Edmonton. I'd be flabbergasted if he still wasn't interested in being in Edmonton but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Toronto.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think that's true. But there's ways around it... like a conditional pick if he puts up 10 points next season or something easy like that.

I don't think the league would allow you to use any type of conditional picks for the following season when the player is a pending UFA

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just going to point out, Josh Manson's father is now an assistant coach in Edmonton. I'd be flabbergasted if he still wasn't interested in being in Edmonton but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Toronto.
At the rate Edmonton cycles through coaches I'd be surprised if that held any weight.

Reactions: bsu

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think the league would allow you to use any type of conditional picks for the following season when the player is a pending UFA

It's possible, but there hasn't been anything about it and the NHL is pretty bad about closing loopholes (see Chicago/Tampa/Vegas)

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Would absolutely love him on the Blues. Would probably have to send Scandella back to make the cap work. What would it take?

Reactions: NotTheRocketman

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haha no way. Rental and even if he wasn't, Buch is too valuable to trade as we are trying to win a cup

I don’t know who i am more upset with the Rangers for trading Buch or the Ducks for not being all over him.

Anyway, if they can’t re-sign him, Ducks are going to need to build up assets to go after a Lindholm replacement line a Chychrun. So will likely be pics and/or prospects the ask rather than roster players. But that is just a guess.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Would do a 1st, next years 2nd, neighbors, scandella for hampus. Scandella has been a solid 3rd pairing guy who I think has another year after this one on his deal. Could be flipped next year for an additional asset most likely.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is a really tough spot for Verbeek.

The smart thing would be trade him, but that is quite something. They are right there in the playoff hunt and this trade would nuke that. When is the last time that a GM of a playoff team gave up on the season?

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
You mean one every 3-4 years since Hitchcock was the interim coach after McLellan was fired? Which is about the same as Anaheim.

The Ducks have had 5 coaches (counting Bob coaching for like 30 games) since 2005.

Edmonton has had 10 in that time.

Would do a 1st, next years 2nd, neighbors, scandella for hampus. Scandella has been a solid 3rd pairing guy who I think has another year after this one on his deal. Could be flipped next year for an additional asset most likely.

I would do that deal and then trade for Chychrun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad