Rumor: Hampus Lindholm to test free agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This is a really tough spot for Verbeek.

The smart thing would be trade him, but that is quite something. They are right there in the playoff hunt and this trade would nuke that. When is the last time that a GM of a playoff team gave up on the season?

Give it another week or two and their fate will be sealed.

Verbeek has no ties to this team, which is perfect IMO. They can't lose Lindholm for nothing.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

The smart thing would be trade him, but that is quite something. They are right there in the playoff hunt and this trade would nuke that. When is the last time that a GM of a playoff team gave up on the season?
They’re technically a playoff team but they need to be serious about how “real” of a contender they are and the long term prognosis of their current roster, not their young guys but they’ve got some older people as well

Plenty of people thought they should have committed more to a rebuild a year or two ago, now it’s kind of awkward

There’s a series of particularly deep drafts after this season, maybe take advantage and trade these guys to try and get a deeper roster with a closer age core, and hope there’s some lower/mid tier solid free agents they can get this summer to hold over

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

It happens every few years.

Tampa traded MSL as a bubble team, and actually made the playoffs.
St. Louis traded Shattenkirk and made it to the 2nd round.

Pretty sure both of those trades were instrumental in having assets to acquire players to win the cup.

Reactions: Trojans86

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Ducks need to sign him or trade him. They absolutely cannot lose him for nothing.

Well in the best of worlds if he doesn't want to stay with the Ducks a sign and then trade would give the Ducks a huge return. I still think it might be a barter chip for Lindholm, selling him as an UFA would still give a solid return but it would probably hurt the Ducks unless they are going into a serious rebuild.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It happens every few years.

Tampa traded MSL as a bubble team, and actually made the playoffs.
St. Louis traded Shattenkirk and made it to the 2nd round.

Pretty sure both of those trades were instrumental in having assets to acquire players to win the cup.
The Shatty deal, the Blues had already allowed both Backes and Brouwer to leave as UFA and got nothing for them. That was deemed their best shot, so they opted to move Shatty the year after those guys left. Couldn't continue to bleed assets.

I don't imagine that Lindholm covets leaving Anaheim. Figure he would like to stay, but if the contract offer isn't to his liking from Anaheim, then he should be prepared to go to free agency.

Who does Anaheim have coming up that could take that 2nd top 4 LHD spot behind Fowler?

Zellweger and Hinds are 18 going on 19 later this year.
LaCombe, Thrun, Hill turn 21 this year.

At the NHL are Mahura, Larson, Benoit who range between 24 to 25 this year. Guhle at 24, got waived down to the AHL this season.

It's a massive hole in the lineup to fill if Lindholm walks.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Shatty deal, the Blues had already allowed both Backes and Brouwer to leave as UFA and got nothing for them. That was deemed their best shot, so they opted to move Shatty the year after those guys left. Couldn't continue to bleed assets.

I don't imagine that Lindholm covets leaving Anaheim. Figure he would like to stay, but if the contract offer isn't to his liking from Anaheim, then he should be prepared to go to free agency.

Who does Anaheim have coming up that could take that 2nd top 4 LHD spot behind Fowler?

Zellweger and Hinds are 18 going on 19 later this year.
LaCombe, Thrun, Hill turn 21 this year.

At the NHL are Mahura, Larson, Benoit who range between 24 to 25 this year. Guhle at 24, got waived down to the AHL this season.

It's a massive hole in the lineup to fill if Lindholm walks.

Oh I agree Anaheim's best option is to re-sign Lindholm, but they have to trade him if a contract extension isn't worked out by the TDL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's tough to hear as a Ducks fan. Hampus even took Drysdale under his wing that seemed like he's willing to settle long-term. But maybe that was just to exploit hys dynamic play and get away from Shattenkirk to get a bigger contract :laugh:

If we have to part, then we have to do it, Hampus has been amazing for us and I would wish him the best. If it happens, he will make some team much, much better. Not big offensive guy (not bad either), but his all-around game is incredible.

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Maybe his pissed at Ducks for that last contact, it did not go very smooth, so this is his revange?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He's exactly what Detroit needs, I hope he signs!

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindstrom

That would look like a great D corps going forward.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Get it done Army. Bring him in for this year and then see if he is open to an extension. The only real gaping hole in the Blues right now is a top tier LHD and Lindholm fits the bill perfectly.

Lindholm - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

That defense with our offensive depth can compete with anyone.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindstrom

Would be a really good signing for Detroit honestly.
Get it done Army. Bring him in for this year and then see if he is open to an extension. The only real gaping hole in the Blues right now is a top tier LHD and Lindholm fits the bill perfectly.

Lindholm - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

That defense with our offensive depth can compete with anyone.
That blues defense would be top notch, tho if I traded with blues I’d hope we’d be able to do it with an extension

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Maybe his pissed at Ducks for that last contact, it did not go very smooth, so this is his revange?

The 2 guys responsible for that negotiation (McNabb and Murray) are both gone. Makes no sense.

This is most likely just negotiating through the media, or complete BS.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
The Ducks have had 5 coaches (counting Bob coaching for like 30 games) since 2005.

Edmonton has had 10 in that time.

I would do that deal and then trade for Chychrun.

Fine by me. That package will not get you Chychrun alone tho.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We already have our undersized, underperforming version of Tyson Jost in Sam Steel..... No thanks to any deal involving him.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindstrom

would absolutely love him here, absolutely love it. But only in a UFA signing and not for an asinine amount. He's going to get a lot thrown at him and unfortunately he'll be viewed as overpaid IMO.

but, id love him here.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think that's true. But there's ways around it... like a conditional pick if he puts up 10 points next season or something easy like that.
If you don't say who he gets the 10 points for its pretty useless.

If you do say he has to score 10 points for the Blues then the trade would not be approved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad