Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm just ready for the season to start so that we can hopefully move onto this year. Hamilton fans have been such incredible whiny bitches since the season ended, I just want to look forward rather than see a constant flood of bitching about Masi and a stolen title.

Reactions: DaveG

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm just ready for the season to start so that we can hopefully move onto this year. Hamilton fans have been such incredible whiny bitches since the season ended, I just want to look forward rather than see a constant flood of bitching about Masi and a stolen title.
Oooo, who's Masi...?

In Finland we humbly stand in anticipation.

See original image

Expecting further comment.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
(That's not our Prime Minister. Our Prime Minister is hot. That one is cold. While a renowned musician, songwriter, singer, she's okay, but so are so many others lately.)

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
This weekend can't get here fast enough... tired of every article on repeat speculating what it all could mean... want to see real performance with the wick turned up and see where the teams really are with this new car development...

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
The Merc engines are looking like shit so far, both Astons, a McLaren, and a Williams out, with the other Williams at 15th in Q1. Ferrari or Red Bull are probably the team to beat.
Agreed all the Mercedes’ supplied teams seem to all be struggling so far…. That new Ferrari motor seems strong…. Wonder if it’s as illegal as the last one before they were caught and they covered it up…. With the lock on engines starting soon, not much time for Mercedes’ to make changes to even the playing field before the motor is locked in for a couple years…

as far off as they were in testing and free practices, Merc seemed to bridge the gap a bit in Q3 with Lewis only 0.7s back compared to well over a second before…. They didn’t seem to be bouncing quite as bad either…. Probably won’t matter today but maybe limit the losses until they can bring more upgrades…. Have no doubt Mercedes will get closer before the end of the year…. But they are definitely not the class of the field right now for sure….

funny to see Bottas beside Lewis in an AR car… along with the Haas up there those new Ferrari motors look good so far…

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Merc engines are looking like shit so far, both Astons, a McLaren, and a Williams out, with the other Williams at 15th in Q1. Ferrari or Red Bull are probably the team to beat.
I mean outside of the RBs which DNFd and the Mercs themselves.... Yeah that engine is absolute trash this year. I'm really disappointed in McLaren, I thought they were going to hopefully take a step toward their end goal of competing for the WCC not necessarily this year but soon, and to see them 3 seconds off the pace was pathetic. Lando looked visibly depressed in his postrace interview.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean outside of the RBs which DNFd and the Mercs themselves.... Yeah that engine is absolute trash this year. I'm really disappointed in McLaren, I thought they were going to hopefully take a step toward their end goal of competing for the WCC not necessarily this year but soon, and to see them 3 seconds off the pace was pathetic. Lando looked visibly depressed in his postrace interview.
The entire bottom of the grid outside the DNFs was Merc engines. At least if Merc doesn't fix this soon I'm looking at Porsche/Audi or BMW with both reportedly looking to get back in F1, or maybe Renault even.

Especially McLaren and Williams. Norris, Albon, and even Danny Ric are too fast for that

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The entire bottom of the grid outside the DNFs was Merc engines. At least if Merc doesn't fix this soon I'm looking at Porsche/Audi or BMW with both reportedly looking to get back in F1, or maybe Renault even.

Especially McLaren and Williams. Norris, Albon, and even Danny Ric are too fast for that
As much as I really want the McLaren brand to remain in F1 and to remain it's own independent maker, I do wonder if they should move forward with the rumored Audi partnership. But their issues go beyond the engine, their chassis is a disaster. When your #1 driver is saying the thing is just an unenjoyable chore to drive and the moment he's finally happy with a lap they are 3 seconds off the pace, that's a big problem

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
While I enjoy Croft and Brundle, sometimes I think the whole race audio should just be driver/team conversations. Between Hamilton's passive-aggression ("That pit stop was early, man" and "This tire has no grip, man.") and Verstappen's screaming at his engineer, could it get any better? Oh, and Sainz cursing out Albon after the latter nearly clobbered him coming into turn 1 after a pit stop. This is what I watch F1 for.

Seriously tho...McLaren looks like utter trash right now. I'm sure things will normalize after a month or so (as in: Haas podiums? No. McLaren last place forever? No.) but they're looking at a loooong season. Can't wait until Ricciardo starts cursing at his engineer too. :)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Missile strike hits the Aramco fuel depot about 7 miles from the Jeddah track during FP1 this morning. F1 is desperately trying to downplay what it was, but Yemen rebels have already taken credit for the attack saying its the beginning of a new wave.

Will be interesting to see if this weekend's Saudi Arabian GP will happen. For everyone involved, its probably best to cancel and pull everyone out asap.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Missile strike hits the Aramco fuel depot about 7 miles from the Jeddah track during FP1 this morning. F1 is desperately trying to downplay what it was, but Yemen rebels have already taken credit for the attack saying its the beginning of a new wave.

Will be interesting to see if this weekend's Saudi Arabian GP will happen. For everyone involved, its probably best to cancel and pull everyone out asap.
yeaaaaaaaaah I can't foresee them still racing there this weekend with that going on.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
yeaaaaaaaaah I can't foresee them still racing there this weekend with that going on.
I honestly couldn't believe they allowed FP2 to go on as planned. Just seems like an incredibly bad idea This is basically the view from the track (granted a little zoomed in):

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I honestly couldn't believe they allowed FP2 to go on as planned. Just seems like an incredibly bad idea This is basically the view from the track (granted a little zoomed in):

aaaaand sure enough, Formula 1 is moving forward with the race this weekend

F1 CONTINUING WITH SAUDI GP AS PLANNED AFTER MISSILE ATTACK

An Aramco oil refinery was bombed roughly six miles from the track on Friday with thick, dark grey smoke visible from the circuit during opening practice.

A couple of hours later, the Houthi group claimed credit for the attack as part of missile and drone assaults on various sites.

Further strikes were threatened as a Houthi military spokesperson said it would “not hesitate to expand military operations”.

“Formula 1 has been in close contact with the relevant authorities following the situation that took place today,” it read.

“The authorities have confirmed that the event can continue as planned and we will remain in close contact with them and all the teams and closely monitor the situation.”

Sites in Jeddah had already been targeted in the build-up to this weekend’s race.

There is set to be another meeting later to update teams. All driver media sessions that had been planned for Friday evening have been called off.

And just like that, F1 just made all drivers, employees, and spectators expendable, as long as that Saudi money comes in

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Drivers discussed for hours tonight, but the race will go on as planned. I really hope they reconsider tomorrow. Personally, I’ll have to boycott my viewership (even if it’s insignificant)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Woah, Hamilton knocked out in Q1 for the first time since 2017 and first time on pure pace alone since he was with McLaren in 2009

Merc is straight up not having a good time so far this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad