Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I hace hard time believing that Monaco GP would be dropped out. The excitement of the actual GP doesn't come to it, good tracks have been dropped out with non-sport reasons. The glamour around the Monaco GP is unreplaceable.

They use the drivers as goddamn male models in fashion shows during the build-up happenings for the Monaco GP!

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I suppose this is vaguely related even though it's not F1, but anyone watch Le Mans every year? It just started.

LMP1 is dead; not a fan of the new hypercars with Toyota dominating... LMP2 is interesting though.
yep, I actually prefer the WEC races to F1 odd as that is to say, and that's the big one.

GT and LMP2 are still pretty competitive at least.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
yep, I actually prefer the WEC races to F1 odd as that is to say, and that's the big one.

GT and LMP2 are still pretty competitive at least.

BGmEeYj.jpeg

Let's just say I've got it on right now. I'm probably not getting any sleep tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Thinking about driving to Montreal next weekend, have never seen F1 in person... It'd be a kind of expensive trip but would probably be a blast. Has anyone here been? Worth it?

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
nope, though one of my coworkers has been to Austin for the GP, says it's a hell of an experience.
Seen and participated in plenty of racing in my life, trying to determine if F1 is that unique/different of an experience that it'd make it worth it this time around. If I don't go next week I'll probably at some point still try to make one in the future but Montreal ain't too bad of a drive for me.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Sigh….. totally and utterly shocking that race control didn’t apply the rules consistently…..that just never happens in formula 1 :)

no investigations on those moves means new standards for how this is handled moving forward…… until the next race when they don’t follow this new pediment and interpet t completely different again….. if they do it consistently, great… it will for sure mean a whole sub story of strategy to try to ensure a teammate win by doing all the stuff Leclerc did to help hold back other drivers to help your teammate….

it was wild at the end but flies in the face of what they said the interpretation of the rules would be regarding forcing drivers off the track and track limits

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
That has always been F1's MO. "Low on rules, high on decrees" was how one friend once put it. (Although, tbf, F1 has a shit-ton of rules too.) The powers that be in F1 have always realized that they run a circus, and that being such doesn't drive fans away. (See also: FIFA, IOC, etc etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad